This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#98918 by philbymon
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:06 pm
So, when Ian was a little bitty kid, we got him this rocking horse with springs. He loved that thing. He'd stay on it all day, if I'd allowed, & even fell asleep on it a few times. I have no idea how he kept from falling off, but he never did. I used to pack pillows around it just in case, though.

So this year, for Xmas, the wife & I thought "What a great present for Ian's lil boy Jace!"

$120 later, we had what we thought was the PERFECT present - a soft squishy rocking horse on springs. It even has this really cool extra feature - when you squeeze the ears, it makes noises & sings & stuff.

So now, Jace is still afraid to get on the damned thing. But he sure loves to press those triggers in its ears. Of course, he just keeps pressing on them, so the recording starts, but doesn't get to finish as he keeps pressing it over & over until it's so annoying that you begin to wonder if the lil bastid is gonna live until his 3rd birthday before you either break his lil fingers or toss the goddamned thing out in the yard just to get some frikken PEACE...um....sorry...I guess I got a little carried away...

So today, I took out my acoustic with every intention of starting to work on a new tune...but all I hear in my head is that damned stupid song that goes "I'm a pret-ty po-ny/ clippet-ty clop! Clippet-ty clop" over & over & over & over & over & over & over...

#98921 by jsantos
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 pm
Sounds perfectly suitable for what is being played in the mainstream media now. Send it to Timbaland and you may go platinum :lol:

#98922 by Janna_G
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 pm
Oh you poor thing.

A few years ago I was trying to re-write the verse to our opening song the day before a show and had just gotten stuck watching re-runs of Lambchop's Play Along with my little cousin.

"This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends..."

:|

#98923 by Robin1
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 pm
Don't you know that you only buy noise toys for kids when they live elsewhere? You buy them and they get sent to their own homes. LOL

I can relate though. Loved it when batteries died. Funny how I kept forgetting to get them the "next time I go to the store". :roll:

#98930 by Chippy
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:31 pm
What Robin said, Buy it for your next door neighbour :D

#98933 by philbymon
Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:37 pm
I can't believe the number of musical toys I have in this house. I innocently got them for Jace in hopes to get him interested in music, so we could relate some which way. I'd forgotten how truly annoying it is to hear them after awhile, though.

"I'm a pre/I'm a/I'm a pret-ty po/I/I/I'm a/I'm a pret-ty po-ny. Clippet/I'm/I/I'm a..."

AAAAARGH!

LMAO

I really AM my own worstest enemy! I put my 1/2 moon tambourine in his hands to get him to stop it, yesterday. Sadly, the boy has no rhythm at all...but then again, he's only 2! He claps in a pretty good beat, though, so there may be hope for him yet.

On the meantime, I'm trying to play all minor chords to get my mind off the kids' stuff...

Am/Em/Am/Em...over & over & over & over & over &...