This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9135 by SDavis22
Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:54 am
I'll eventually do this for other eras as well. Post your favorite bands, records, songs, etc. from the 1960s...

I'll post my own soon enough... I'm too tired to remember them all right now; just thought I'd start a thread...

#9147 by SDavis22
Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:37 pm
Ok, here's my list (part one of it anyway), in no particular order (except partially alphabetic):

Allman Brothers Band - Allman Brothers Band
The Animals
B.B. King - Live At the Regal
The Band - Music From Big Pink/The Band
Syd Barret - The Madcap Laughs
Pink Floyd - Piper At the Gates Of Dawn
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beatles - Please Please Me/With the Beatles/A Hard Day's Night/Beatles For Sale/Help!/Rubber Soul/Revolver/Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/Magical Mystery Tour/Beatles (white album)/Let It Be/Abbey Road
Big Brother & the Holding Co. - Cheap Thrills
Butterfield Blues Band - Paul Butterfield Blues Band/East-West
James Brown - Live At the Apollo/and other singles...
The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man/Turn!Turn!Turn!/Fifth Dimension/Younger Than Yesterday/Sweetheart Of the Radio
Captain Beefeart & His Magic Band - Safe As Milk/Trout Mask Replica
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison/At San Quentin
Ray Charles - Modern Sounds In Country & Western Music
Ornette Coleman - Change Of the Century/Free Jazz
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme/Ascension
Cream
Creedence Clearwater Revival - CCR/Green River/Bayou Country/Willy And the Poor Boys/Cosmos Factory
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash/ (& young) Deja Vu
Miles Davis - Miles Smiles/In A Silent Way/Bitches Brew
Derek & the Dominos - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs
The Doors - The Doors
Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan/Freewheelin' Bob Dylan/Times They Are A-Changin'/Another Side Of Bob Dylan/Bringing It All Back Home/Highway 61 Revisited/Blonde On Blonde/John Wesley Harding/Basement Tapes/Nashville Skyline/other singles...

#9326 by SDavis22
Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:24 pm
Does anybody listen to music from the '60s???

More of my favorites:

Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles/Maiden Voyage
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced/Axis: Bold As Love/Electric Ladyland
The Hollies
King Crimson - In The Court Of King Crimson
The Kinks - The Kink Kronicles/Face To Face/Something Else.../Village Green Preservation Society/Arthur...
Love - Love/Da Capo/Forever Changes
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
The Rolling Stones - England's Newest Hitmakers/12 X 5/Rolling Stones Now!/Out Of Our Heads/December's Children (And Everybody's)/Aftermath/Between The Buttons/Flowers/Their Satanic Majesties Request/Beggar's Banquet/Let It Bleed
Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, And Thyme/Bookends
Frank Sinatra - Nice 'N' Easy/September Of My Years
Sly & The Family Stone - Stand!
The Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake/There Are But Four Small Faces
Phil Spector
The Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground & Nico/White Light White Heat/Velvet Underground/Loaded
Muddy Waters - At Newport
The Who - The Who Sings My Generation/A Quick One/The Who Sell Out/Tommy
The Yardbirds - Five Live Yardbirds/Over Under Sideways Down
John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers - Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton

That's all for now...

#9368 by The KIDD
Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 am
Hey Davey,

Man , the 60s' were a confusing time for me musically...I was just learning to play in the late 60s and would have to do a bunch of googling to find out whether alot of material that liked then was late 60's OR early 70s'...
Wilson Picketts "Land of a 1000 dances " really stands out..Most of what you listed I got into in the 70s'.Since didnt "really" play(jam to records with actually knowing the arragement :lol: ) till 70-71 alot my favs kinda fuse the decades...BUT NOW, I listen to a 60s' station they call the 60s' channal...Ill be ridin my bike just like I did in 68, listenin to AM radio, blastin the 60s' channel.(ass starts hurtin after about an hr now though :lol: )..Most bands with heavy harmony I get into now...THEN , I could care less about vocals.... :lol: ...Sounds like you have a well rounded appreciation for all the genres that were out then....Its funny how 35 yrs changes your tastes in music...I like some of the 60's bubble gum stuff now I couldnt stand then :lol: GAWD ,Im embarrassed to say who...
I still jam regularly to The Who"and alot of who you listed....
The 70's is MY decade though which really included alot of 60s' but try tellin ME that :lol: Ok , Ill shut up now....I cant help reminiscing on these posts... :lol:

John

#9412 by Tin Of Snakes
Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:39 pm
Does anyone remember a band called the Electric Prunes, they did a great track called I had to much to dream last night, PP

#9416 by C.Cat
Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:55 pm
Gamajama wrote:Does anyone remember a band called the Electric Prunes, they did a great track called I had to much to dream last night, PP

I've heard about them, I'd like to hear more of their music

#9424 by Vocals & Bass
Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:26 pm
Smokey Robinson - Rolling Stones - Mountain - Temptations, etc. (MoTown) - The Who - Jimi Hendrix - Jefferson Starship(Airplane) - Marvin Gaye - Otis Redding - Al Green - James Brown - Roy Orbinson - George Jones - Merle Haggard - Leroy Van Dyke - Osburne Brothers - Flatt & Earle Scruggs - The Carter Family - Elvis - Herb Albert, etc......
#9433 by Tin Of Snakes
Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:20 am
Yeh gopher I was into all o them, Steppenwolf: America where are you now? dont you care about your sons and daughters, dont you know we need you now we cant fight alone against the monster, they musta wrote that about Bush huh! lol PP

#9523 by Carey Carter
Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:52 am
Yes - I remember the Electric Prunes!! That was a great tune.

Does anybody remember "Psychotic Reaction" by the Count Five???

If I started listing my favs from the 60s, I'd be here 'til sunrise (oh, it's almost that time now). Anyway, just a very few, for now:

Otis Redding
Otis Redding
Otis Redding, and
James Brown
Van Morrison
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Sam Cooke
Bo Diddley
Muddy Waters
The Walker Brothers
The Righteous Brothers
Sam & Dave
Wilson Pickett
The Animals
Donovan
Miles Davis
B.B. King
Albert King
The Band
Bob Dylan
Joan Baez
Johnny Ray (who was mostly 50s, but had a couple of tunes in the 60s)
Yardbirds
Booker T. and the MGs
Rolling Stones
Janis
And the Beatles, of course! :lol:

And many, many more . . . but it's late

#9536 by Jayvocgr
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:42 am
Beach Boys... Burt Bacharach... Captain Beefheart... CSN&Y

#9604 by johnnya
Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:56 pm
the animals, the human beings, tommy james, the troggs, the stones,