This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#90683 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 am
Fathers 3

#90684 by fisherman bob
Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:49 am
I read your profile Tybeille215 and I like what you say. Kind of like my philosophy but in the blues. There's WAY too much image production and WAY too little music production. STICK TO YOUR GUNS and the partay will be wherever you are...

#90692 by neanderpaul
Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:56 am
post music, welcome

#90694 by jw123
Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:06 am
Come to Mempho Baby, thats where its at!

#90990 by Tybeille215
Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:46 am
yeah boston is pretty much bull unless you want to get an education...which i think is important at this point in my life. i heard theres cool sh*t goin on in memphis and nashville

#90997 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:20 am
Ty,I dont know what Boston is like today,, but a long time ago it was so cool.
Do you know what a SMOOT is? DO you even kow about Fathers?
Was a time you walk down Boylston and stop at a little cafe and listen to some of the jazz greats for a few bucks.Milt Jackson ,Mcoy Tyner ,Gary Burton ,and then you start mention some of the rock guys been through boston....
Ty I think you are just dealing with lazy people, Keep going .

#91036 by philbymon
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 am
I always heard that Boston was a pretty musical town

#91045 by Tybeille215
Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
yeah i cant say im much of a jazz musician and i dont know what smoot is but if your into meduim warm tone in your pants than berklee is for yoU!!!!!

#93651 by chrisg1982
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:35 pm
philbymon wrote:I always heard that Boston was a pretty musical town

Yea if you like the hippy emo scene with boys singing like girls. I checked it out. Actually flew there to audition for a band and that's exactly what I found. Everyone there told me that's exactly what the scene is. It's not happening. Really about the only decent band in the Boston or NH area is Break the Dark (that I've heard).

#93662 by jimmydanger
Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:08 pm
There's a reason Kiss called my city "Detroit Rock City". We have the best rock audiences, the most musicians per square foot, and the baddest attitude this side of Johnny Rotten. More live albums are recorded here because the audience is so damned loud (if you're good): Kiss, Bob Seger, Savoy Brown, The Cure, The J. Geils Band, The MC-5 and many others all recorded huge live albums here . We're the place where John Lee Hooker, Seger, Alice Cooper, Iggy and The Stooges, Cactus and the techno movement all began.

Unfortunately, we're mostly known for Motown Records, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Eminem and Maddona. There's a large number of really good local bands who write excellent music that you will never see or hear because the music industry is so f*cked up.

Support local music!

#93672 by gbheil
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 pm
Support our local music scene.
Good idea.
Promote our local music scene better.
Great idea!
Problem is, people's musical tastes are so varied that any local venue that supports only one " genre' " as is the most common way. Very soon run out of paying patrons. May not be as much an issue in larger metropolatin areas as in smaller populations.
So the formula must change.
And we are the ones whom have to change it.
Stagnation is detremintal to all forms of "business".
#93675 by BREAK RED
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 pm
Hey Ty...

The music scene for Original bands can be frustrating when you see the industry grabbing people strictly for the looks or image. There are a TON of fantastic musicians who never get recognized.

But unfortunately... labels and music corps are in it for the money and the US population is driven more so by looks and image than talent.

I'll use rap music as an example. Yes...some of those guys can write poem about life that lasts a steady 3 to 4 minutes.. thats a lot of rhyming in a short amount of time.... but how much actual musical talent is put out there for it...? It's mostly just samples, loops, keyboards and tone generators.

But in spite of that... It sells. If people didn't want it, it wouldn't sell. Then there are people like us... who just want to Rock out...and if people don't like it, they kiss an ass... it seems to take a little longer for some of those bands to get recognized... no matter how musically talented they are.

I would say... stick to your convictions... find a band that has your dedication and attitude... then go out there and slay your audience with everything that's inside of you... do that... all you'll be noticed without compromising your musical ethics...

Hope that makes sense and sound like a bunch of rambling... cuz I do ramble at times... LOL..

Anyways.... nice to meet ya.. I'm new around here as well, and so far I've met some pretty cool people on bandmix... so hang around for a while..its always good to meet other dedicated musicians.

Cheers...
Mike (747)

http://www.myspace.com/747jax
[url]
www.youtube.com/747rocksjax[/url]
[url]
www.myspace.com/2bitter2bsweet[/url]

#93699 by Kramerguy
Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm
the party is quite frankly wherever I'm at. We played friday night and brought the house down!

The band IS the party. If you aint having fun, then neither is anyone else.

Now maybe I will read the OP and posts :P who knows if I even remotely touched the topic lolz.

#93713 by RGMixProject
Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 am
Tybeille215 wrote:yeah i cant say im much of a jazz musician and i dont know what smoot is but if your into meduim warm tone in your pants than berklee is for yoU!!!!!

Last post 16 Nov

Must be one hellofa party :shock: