This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9302 by djmistat
Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:46 am
ooh is someone bitter about rich musicians...(sucessfull rich musicians..?) lets take a look at YOUR music tastes and slate them, and see how many of them dont have a fair whack of money......and just live NORMAL lives shall we....(and no im not saying any of mine do either )

#10270 by N1GHTM4R3GR33N
Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:38 pm
quit bickering children emo is nothing more then a sub genre off of punk because their lyrics are almost in the same boat. punk complains about their life style and want to fight the system while emo whines about it but dont want to fight the system and fade away.also if you watch alot of footage from the sex pistols era yo will see ninety nine percent of the so called emo fashion their, so basically emo is just another watered down recycled turd.

#11036 by unicyclegirl
Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:40 pm
Hypocrites? Well, I suppose... but I don't really view it as a problem. Many muscians are hypocrites. The whole point of whinning about the hardships of being poor or middle class is so that your listeners can identify with you... that's one of they keys to popular music, not only is the music creative/catchy, but you can identify with what the artist is saying (even if it's something you've never done but would like to do - like being a superhero or killing someone in their sleep). Before they got rich they were typical teens (I'm assuming) with typical teen problems... which they can whine about in their music and tons of other teens out there can go, "hey, that's me!". Later they became older and rich, but they continue to sing about the same things, because if the formula works, why abandon it? They've got a steady fan base that likes what they do and might get all pissed off if sometime down the line they change their tune (like metallica). No one wants to hear about the trials and tribulations of being rich, now do they?

On a different note, I didn't notice (at least on the old album) them whining all that much. I think this was a misconception. "All emo kids whine", and all that. Mostly they just sung about killing people and other macabre things. Not that this is any better, or makes me like their music any more. They still need some work. Then again I havn't listened to anything on the new album, because it never appealed to me. Maybe they whine more in that one? I don't know.

#11072 by AngelaD
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:24 pm
personally i love their stuff, i loved bullets, revenge and black parade and i'm not an emo kid lol and i'm in touch with my classic rock side too lol.

#11075 by unicyclegirl
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:52 pm
AngelaD: If I had to pick a favorite song of theirs (I feel qualified to complain about bands only after I've heard a few songs or an entire album of thiers... ) it would be: I never told you what I do for a living. It got stuck in my head for a few weeks, I even sung it absentmindedly waiting for the bus. Still, I don't think i'm as big a fan as you are. :)

#11076 by AngelaD
Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:58 pm
lmao, my fav of theirs right now i think has to be headfirst for halos, but off of black parade i think it's either mama or house of wolves lol. tell me i'm a bad bad bad bad man. lol. oh give 'em hell kid is a good one too lol.

#11080 by unicyclegirl
Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:07 pm
Hahahah... so what's funny about this conversation is I'm pretty sure I'm younger than you but I have no idea what lmao means. I've never been very good with acronyms. Other than that... I have not listened to the black parade album, I only have revenge (pilfered from the library... A lot of my lesser favorite bands are library-borrowed. If I really like the band I'll buy their album. ) But I liked give 'em hell kid as well.

#11081 by AngelaD
Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:15 pm
teehee LMAO

L=laugh
M=my
A= @$$
O=off

you probably are younger than me and it took me a couple years to get most of these things :D i only got what ttyl and ttys was a few months ago . Talk To You Later and Talk To You Soon .

#11082 by unicyclegirl
Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:28 pm
Sweet. That'll be usefull when I get a cell phone (if i get a cell phone more like). I get lost in online conversations easily because sometimes I have no idea what other people are saying. Ooo... here I was thinking there was some fancy secret code for teens so their parents wont have any idea how or if they're being badmouthed. Well, you've certainly got it down, no talking behind your back. :D

#42920 by thesystemhasfailed
Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:08 am
no! and by the way bands like mcr, afi, and fall out boy aren't real emo bands. why? cuz real emo like beefeater, moss icon, and the hated weren't a bunch whiny, pity-me girls but, some extremely p***ed off kinda guys however emotional they may be. so, if you ask me REAL emo does not exist anymore. mcr and such are none other than the same alt rock crap for little spoiled, bourgeois pre-teens whose comfortable lives are "so bleak, dull and unfair" despite the fact that their parents give them money to buy expensive clothes and crybaby music at hottopic. so if any of you little girls are reading this, it's time to grow up, cuz life's isn't fair butyou b*tch about it, you do something about it!

#49206 by thesystemhasfailed
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:31 pm
and further more anyone who shops at hottopic or any other wholesale alternative clothing outlet is just as trendy as any other mainstream bottom feeding robot!

#51033 by Cerise5
Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:50 pm
They're not actually emo (and they have never claimed to be - quite the opposite, in fact). If they must be pigeonholed into a specific genre, they're generally referred to as post-punk. When they first toured they were on the bill with emo bands but that happens a lot when first starting out, but you take what you can get, eh? The lyrics aren't whiney and world hating at all, but it is a popular misconception.

I like them, they have some lovely melodies, interesting and sometimes amusing lyrics, clever harmonies and Bob is excellent on the drums. It's not everyone's thing, but then, what is? What they do, they do well. As I say, I like them, but then I like a lot of different styles of music.

#51075 by repressthecadence
Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:07 am
Gerard Way's voice is horrendous. Major turnoff. Other than that, poppy sounds and stuff are pretty good now and then.

Oh, and to claim that they aren't emo would be a gigantic lie. All emo bands of that time always denied the label, but the name fits.

#51077 by thesystemhasfailed
Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:24 am
repressthecadence wrote:to claim that they aren't emo would be a gigantic lie. All emo bands of that time always denied the label, but the name fits.

well the truth is, they're not emo. cuz if u go back in history to the d.c. hardcore scene emotional hardcore wasn't wat it is 2day. 2day's emo is watered down with pop music and fashion trends that are boring if not totally gay. nehoo, "emo" bands now aren't emo at all, they're just another alt/indie rock band used 2 entertain suburban teenage kids who think they got it so bad.[/i]