This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#879 by darker side of light
Sun May 28, 2006 5:48 am
were the darker side of light and we just finished recorded at graffti studio and just wanted to get some feedback on some of our new songs, on purevolume we have two more new songs on if you want to hear all the songs we recorded but myspace has the most, but PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK thanks

http://www.myspace.com/thedarkersideoflight
http://www.purevolume.com/thedarkersideoflight

#954 by Bluesguitargrl
Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:01 pm
Was this recorded at a professional studio? The vocals sound a bit dry... I'm not into screaming but musically it's good... although there were a couple of spots that the vocals sound just a hair flat on the 1st song. Onther than that it's good. Keep playing, and do it for the love of music.

#1236 by Cyanide
Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:55 am
The guys doing all the work, the band, are great. I can really tell that you're influenced by early Staind and Tool. Your vocalist should NEVER try to growl, he sounds like the guy from AC/DC with larengitus when he does. He sounds great when he's singing normally, but... not when he's growling. Stick to regular vocals, like Tool does.

#1243 by nnate8atyahoo
Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:46 pm
didn't like it

#1319 by Just De
Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:48 pm
I'm mostly country but, I do listen to alternative, and I did like you stuff, I agree with whats already been said, the screaming I can do with out. But your lead singer does have a good voice, and your instrumentals are strong.[i] Keep On Rockin'!!!! 8)

#1323 by DEEZ 420
Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:42 pm
Hell Yeah!!! Any band from N.C. that sounds like that has my vote. I live in New Bern and there is a club that has metal bands every Fri. and Sat. night. It`s called the Salty Dog. Maybe you`ve heard of it. Book a show there and I`ll bring the crew to check it out. Good job. :twisted:

www.myspace.com/spadevoice
www.tinfoilfuse.com
www.myspace.com/tinfoilfuse

#1327 by Cejuba
Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:28 pm
The music is pretty good. Your lead vocalist has a pretty good voice. I don't personally like the screaming, it takes away from the music. Plus its really hard on the vocal folds. I could do without the profanity also.

#1698 by jvjino at msn com
Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:12 am
You guys have somthin. I listened to all three and wanted to listen to Escape from me again. thats a good sign. I agree with all of the above screaming is old stick with the singing. I want to say the last track sounded like Lincoln Park because of the vocal arrangement. Let me know when you have more I have some contacts in NYC. you never know.