This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#84790 by [email protected]
Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:30 pm
:) They are in my opinion the all time greatest band to ever exist. Better than the Beatles, better than Led Zeppelin, better than the Rolling Stones, AC/DC, or whoever else you want to name.

Here are my reasons why:

1. Rob Halford has an exceedingly immense vocal range. His metal scream is the best in all of metal, and he has an incredible talent to sing in many different moods and tones, and is not limited to sounding the same all the time.

2. Judas Priest was the first rock band (that I can think of anyways) to have two lead guitar players, both playing in beautiful harmony with each other.

3. I've seen best metal albums lists and out of all the bands listed Priest was listed the most. They have SEVEN albums on the top 100 best metal albums list.

4. They've been around since 1969 and they still tour to this day.

5. They never run out of ideas. You've never heard Judas Priest play the same song twice on any of their albums. This is a great achievement seeing as though they've released 16 studio albums in their career.

#85376 by Andragon
Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 am
OPINIONS ARE OVERRATED LIKE SHIT

#85418 by jimmydanger
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:31 pm
Now now Andy we still have freedom of speech (for a while longer anyway).

Judas Priest definitely was not the first band to do harmony twin lead guitars. Wishbone Ash was the first big band to do that, and of course Skynyrd later on. I saw JP on the Ozzfest tour a few years ago; they were very good but I noticed they opened for Black Sabbath. In my humble opinion Sabbath is the greatest metal band of all time.

#85471 by Andragon
Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Now now Andy we still have freedom of speech

Ha. "Y'all" lost that a loooong time ago.

#85503 by philbymon
Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:46 am
Eh...they did some cool stuff, but I wouldn't call them the end-all or be-all of anything, really.

#91038 by RobBradley
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 am
Priest owns though, even some songs in Turbo kicked ass and that was considered their worst. It's impossible to state who's the end all BEST but they do what they do very well, and Halford in his prime was a monster.(Unleashed in the East anyone?)

#128418 by rich lovett
Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:47 pm
These guys Have serious attitudes.

#128863 by Greeniemagic
Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:33 pm
I only like "Burn in Hell" with Ripper on vox

#128901 by Starfish Scott
Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:50 pm
Ouch, I think Ripper was the worst part of it.

#128926 by Greeniemagic
Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 pm
Capt Scott wrote:Ouch, I think Ripper was the worst part of it.

Haha my bass man Gaz is a huge fan of Judas Priest and has been trying to convert me but it ain't happening and is not impressed that this is the only one that does anything for me :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-tCigMeD0

#129317 by Shapeshifter
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:17 pm
I have a good friend who is a drum tech, and is currently on tour with Rob Halford...that's the extent of my Judas Priest input.

WAIT! WAIT!...

...You got another thing coming!

#129397 by Starfish Scott
Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:19 pm
LOL aww quit it..

#133024 by Mars Rover
Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 am
Disclaimer: it's 4am and i've been drinking, so don't take what i say too seriously.

However *burp* why does anybody think they can claim so and so "the best" it's all in the ear of the beholder. i can't stand metal. judas priest sounds like the cheesiest dated crap i've ever laid ears on. but don't let me stand in the way of your good time. like i won't give 2 f's when all y'all metal heads call my favorite artists "f@g music."

#133029 by philbymon
Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 am
There's more "metal" in Blood Sweat & Tears than in any "metal" band you can name!