This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9016 by Antwon
Mon May 28, 2007 3:20 pm
what would be a good, affordable temprary piece of equipment to record some of my original stuff and put it on a disc? can anyone help me out?

#9035 by gexclamationpoint
Mon May 28, 2007 11:46 pm
what sort of stuff are you looking to record?

im not 100% knowledgeable on this, but i'm pretty sure youd be able to find a mic pre that plugs right into your computer (a program would come with it, i assume) that you can hook your mics up to and mix the channels together after all the parts are recorded.

im sure someone else will be able to back me up or correct me on this.

#9043 by RhythmMan
Tue May 29, 2007 2:16 am
"Sony Acid Music Studio," under $70.
1/4" Female to 1/8" Mini-plug male adapter jack from Radio Shack - under $5.00.

#9106 by Jacquee Rae
Thu May 31, 2007 1:49 am
If you look at Any Help would be appreciated, in the General Chat area, I've gotten a lot of good advice.
I purchased the Lexicon Lambda Pro which was Cubase LE software as well as a mixer (Lambda), if you will, with a two mic input and 5 instrument recording capabilities for $150. It has a USB connection for your PC. Only other pieces I needed were mic and headset to listen. :)
Hope this helps.

This of course is assuming you have a PC with a burner. You can convert the files into WMA or MP3s once you are done mixing them.

#11215 by Bongo667
Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:48 am
Jacquee Rae wrote:If you look at Any Help would be appreciated, in the General Chat area, I've gotten a lot of good advice.
I purchased the Lexicon Lambda Pro which was Cubase LE software as well as a mixer (Lambda), if you will, with a two mic input and 5 instrument recording capabilities for $150. It has a USB connection for your PC. Only other pieces I needed were mic and headset to listen. :)
Hope this helps.

This of course is assuming you have a PC with a burner. You can convert the files into WMA or MP3s once you are done mixing them.

I hear any Lambda series are great for home or small recordings.

#11360 by TheCaptain
Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:26 pm
for like 49.00 , you can buy PowerTracks Pro Audio

You might be impressed, if you're looking for PC / track at a time stuff..
Rich

#16938 by Bones1331
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 am
There are many FREE recording software programs on te net. Go a google search for FREE RECORDING SOFTWARE.
#18082 by peteardale
Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:45 pm
if you are not wanting to use computers, DVR 's work pretty good, if you can get a good ANALOG (microphone) to DIGITAL (dvd encoded audio) converter. The DVR will of course come with one, but utilizing the SPD/IF (digital coax signal INPUT on the DVR ) through a higher quality equipment will achieve - yep: higher quality on the disc.
If you don't give a hoot about "UBER QUALITY" , using RCA (red, white RCA's on back of DVR) inputs can do well, might want to keep the signal down with a leveler or some sort of EQ, so you don't burn up your DVR's precious inputs. After all, we like it loud, but your level clipping too high will not cause friendly distortion, but nasty clipping. Clipping is known to ruin alot of high frequencies! Thats why I love my good 'ole tape deck and LAME Encoder !

The red-white are Analog, and converted internally to Digital, so you are subject to the DVR's internal A. to D. conversion chips. You might want to research a bit (and shell out more $$$) if you got to have it sound good through the analog inputs.

Also: DVR's will record in 48000 sample rate, wheareas the standard audio cd does 44100. 8)