This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#5797 by Nicod3mus
Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:46 pm
We need sub forums by state.....these boards have always been pointless without them. Give us sub forums by state and you will see people actually use these boards.

#5888 by 4perkussion
Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:54 pm
This site's sole purpose is to not to be an effective outlet for musicians and bands, but to wrench money from musician's pockets. You can find the same bands and musicians on other websites that cater to a local community and are not constantly urging for a monetary upgrade in order to actually contact a band or musician.

#5982 by johnnya
Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:55 am
I appreaciate this website, this site is a effective tool if use right,"people live, people die, people complain of life"" qoute, johnny a from "a dream" i think people need to make a living and these are good prices, with this i can book a club, contact, demo, this is what i like and thanks.
#6007 by fisherman bob
Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:43 am
I've met a few musicians on this website, there's other better websites to meet local musicians. However I enjoy reading the forum responses. So many people know way more than I do about all kinds of music issues. I just try and soak up soak up some of the information. I'll keep renewing my membership as long as people keep responding. Good luck in the music business. Later...fisherman bob
#6311 by backwoodshippie
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:08 pm
I agree to an extent...there do need to be sub links by state available to all of us. With that said, I would like to inform all Illinois musicians who are members of bandmix that there is a site that we can go to for Illinois players --- illinoismusicians.com. It's free to sign up and very useful in promoting your band related events such as jam sessions and auditions. This site also has broken down Illinois into different regions (Chicago, Southern Illinois, Springfield, etc.) so it is just that much easier to find what or who you are looking for.

#8923 by deathtoll1984
Fri May 25, 2007 12:09 am
I concure. Give us sub-forums and watch this place explode.

#8927 by Jim_L
Fri May 25, 2007 12:38 am
I agree! Please...?

#9141 by TheTouchstones
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:02 pm
It would seem to be somewhat of a no-brainer that in a nation this size, a forum such as this would require sub-forums to be effective for its users. The way it is now proves it is indeed a no-brainer; the folks who haven't provided sub-forums have no brains.

(I just made that up-I'll be here all week or for the next twenty minutes, whichever comes first.)

Actually, sub-forums by state would leave many states unused. It would likely prove better to have the sub-forums for regions: Pacific Northwest; Southwest; Northeast; etcetera and son forth.

In the meantime, while "they" are figuring out how to implement your suggestions, or to avoid it entirely, here is what I would propose:

Begin all your posts, no matter where you post them, as I have done here. Begin the subject line with your state and city.

Just a thought.

#9215 by thedanband
Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:00 am
I think as long as you put the state in the message instead of people having to go and look at your profile to find out where you are....

http://www.livelocals.net
#10912 by Cruehead
Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:34 pm
fisherman bob wrote:I've met a few musicians on this website, there's other better websites to meet local musicians. However I enjoy reading the forum responses. So many people know way more than I do about all kinds of music issues. I just try and soak up soak up some of the information. I'll keep renewing my membership as long as people keep responding. Good luck in the music business. Later...fisherman bob

And what other websites are out there?

#11104 by jefflynn
Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:30 am
I set up a proboard forum a while back with sub forums for States.
I really want to get this off of the ground one day. If anybody wants to help, or if you want me to add a sub board for your State ..just let me know. :wink:

http://joinaband.proboards61.com/

#11386 by outlaw_biker42
Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:12 am
I agree. That would make live much simpler.

#12754 by Pedalboard
Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:48 pm
Yea, I think it is rather pointless to have things set up this way... we need the ability to focus locally. I'm here checking this place out and don't really know what good it might do me...

#12755 by RhythmMan
Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 pm
Use the search feature to locate musicians in your state.