This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#88577 by gbheil
Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am
Well, humm
I tried to watch it.
Man, I tell ya true. If I had the opportunity to play on that stage in that place. I could do it without saying f@#* every other word.
Or calling my paying fans MFrs

Sorry, Not impressed.

#88729 by Andragon
Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:17 am
Yea check out Them Crooked Vultures. It's JP, Grohl and the guy from Queens of the Stone Age.

#88734 by fisherman bob
Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:28 am
sanshouheil wrote:Well, humm
I tried to watch it.
Man, I tell ya true. If I had the opportunity to play on that stage in that place. I could do it without saying f@#* every other word.
Or calling my paying fans MFrs

Sorry, Not impressed.
Ditto

#88737 by fisherman bob
Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 am
Oh, and another thing, I'd rather watch a Neanderpaul Youtube video than this "holy honor" which I deep sixed in less than a minute...

#88749 by 1collaborator
Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:03 pm
`Perhaps I'm feeling my age but I couldnt stomach that either.

But its another day in Paradise !!!!

#88824 by neanderpaul
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:13 am
Well I cant stomach the language either. However.....
DUDES! SOMEBODY MY AGE GOT TO PLAY WITH JIMMY PAGE AND JOHN PAUL JONES!!!! That's the honor!! I just skipped the language and went to "rock and roll" for real you guys didn't find that awesome?

Just go to 3:17 to skip the language and get to the rock.

#88826 by fisherman bob
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:35 am
I'll bet by the time they did play with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones they probably thought "we have to play with these dic*heads at Wenbly stadium?" No, I don't care to listen to foul-mouthed idiots. It's NOT for me...

#88832 by neanderpaul
Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:58 am
fisherman bob wrote:I'll bet by the time they did play with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones they probably thought "we have to play with these dic*heads at Wenbly stadium?" No, I don't care to listen to foul-mouthed idiots. It's NOT for me...

Woah! It's the first time FB and I disagree! :shock: :wink:
Dave Grohl was quivering with awe and humility just to be there and to get to play with those guys. If "everlong" was his only killer song I would be in sheer awe. It is sonic emotional perfection. But the list is huge stretching back more than 15 years. He is brilliant and humble. He has been lucky and he knows and appreciates it. He is foul mouthed yes but I see no other faults. He is one of the most credible mainstream musician perhaps ever.

Everlong...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0BMfqFP9c

monkey wrench
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ck2ygpSUg8

plus he has a great sense of humor and on his first album he wrote and performed every part!

Big me 1995
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhfWzCPRPtg

#88834 by fisherman bob
Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:07 am
Sorry I can't get past the profanity. It has no place at an event like that, especially playing music with people you idolize. One time I got to play with Pine Top Perkins, a legendary blues pianist who played with giants such as Muddy Waters. Imagine how long he would have played with me if I used language like that in his presence?

#88846 by HowlinJ
Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 am
All that mothafuc talk didn't offend me none. That gosh darn concert had to be exceptionally friggin' AWESOME! :twisted:

I don't care for profanity for the sake of profanity, but in this case, I doubt anyone at that gig took any offence!.

lighten up, boys, it is rock & roll, and it can get a bit crude at times.

Thanks for sharin', Neanderpaul. :wink:
HJ

#88897 by Starfish Scott
Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 pm
I met Dave G. once for about 2.5 minutes and he was just like any other friendly guy you ever met.

Very uncommon for a guy who could buy you 10x over.

#88950 by Kramerguy
Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:06 pm
I don't care about F bombs.

things that stuck out to me:

-Jimmy page looks like CRAP. I mean.. OMG. I know he's gotten old, but crikey.. dude needs to do something with the gallagher haircut.

-Jimmy played that solo like I would after 25 beers. He really struggled all the way through it. Shame really. I know he was always a sloppy player, but it always came out at least rhythmic.. not this time. ouch.

#89000 by gbheil
Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:04 am
I wont say I was offended by the MFn prick. My mouth aint much better most days. But I'll be damned if I,d act like such an idiot in front of that many people at a venue like that.
My first impression was SPOILED ASS BRAT SOMEONE SHOULD SLAP.
Just sayin, wow what a jerk. If I'd been behind him waiting to play for all those people I'd put my combat boot square in his asshole.
Dang guys put yourself on that stage for a moment in your mind.

WOW !!!!