This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Sell your guitars here.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36892 by jim owens
Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:58 pm
everybody has a different taste when it comes to their axe ive been playing for about 40 years and i have played a lot of guitars but recently i just bought a ibanez msc550 (montage series) and im telling you it is a fantastic guitar if you get a chance play one 5 will get you 10 you will buy it i knew this was my baby the minute i picked it up and played it but their are many,many,many fine guitars out there guitars are like women they come in all shapes and sizes but they all make you feel good .

#36894 by KarlMarz
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:57 pm
I am not sure what you are looking for , I have '07 M-38 and '54 00-18 Martin. Both are great. I really like Collings and will get one in the near future. I have been looking for a Gibson to replace the '58 LG2 I sold last year.

I do alot of fingerstyle , the 38 has very good projection and is very balanced in tone. The 18 is a smaller body,but is very loud and the neck seems more comfortable fo slide and open tuning songs.

I also have a Takamine cutaway "D" size that is nice, but has nowhere the tonal qualities of the Martins. This is not saying it is a bad guitar, it sounds good plugged into a PA.

As far as bending the strings on solo's? The Martins work very well, DEPENDING on the string size you use. I use medium (.013)and it is hard, but with lites(.012) it is just as easy as anyother acoustic I have played. Just depends on what you are use to.

#44204 by racefanrob
Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 pm
. . . everyone has their pick . . . and for whatever suites them best . . . for me the very best Accoustic guitar that I have ever played . . . as well as owned was a Yamaha FG-340 . . . I have searched high and low for another one . . . dealers always say . . . I just sold one ? But I can get you an FG-345 . . . not even close ! The FG-340 is an older full dreadknot body guitar . . . that rings like a bell. I have played Fenders Gibsons . . . and the only guitar that has been even close is the Cumberland model by Washburn. I have considered buying one ?

I presently own an old 1959 Framus 61F . . . which is an awesome guitar.

#44291 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 pm
I hate acoustic guitars, as they sound awful.

Martin or nothing..

#44490 by GStringPlayer
Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:31 pm
Best Acoustic?? That's like asking what's the best song ever recorded.
I have found that the "BEST" guitar is the one that you pick up and feel best playing...
I've been playing for approximately 30 years and started with a cheap Yamaha FG 140 that I started giging with. I loved it .
Then, my local music dealer called me and asked me to come down to the store one saturday and placed a Taylor 6 string Jumbo in my hands.

At that time my fellow local musicians had their Martins and High dollar Alverez guitars ... but that 78 Taylor blew them all away....

Still, just like many other musicians, I prefer different guitars for different songs and gig's and usually have 3-5 guitars on stage for different shows.

I have a thin Yamaha acoustic/electric that works great when playing in a country band. Very little feedback and great action... But it sucks if it is not plugged in...
I have a 78 Tak 12 string that works great for solo acoustic.
I just bought a Martin D16GTX with the Aura pickup for band work and it sounds great both live and plugged in... and when I mean great, that is to say, I like how it sounds and so do the people that have heard it...

My favorite however is still the Taylor....

#49076 by RickeyH
Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:00 pm
Try to find a Breedlove AD/25R and try it. (or AD/25M if you prefer mahogany body, R=rosewood, my preference)

I recently went on an acoustic guitar search for about a year.

For the price, you will not beat the sound, looks, feel, etc. of this guitar.

It's actually Korean made and quality controlled in the USA. Trust me, they're damn good guitars.

#58409 by eternalbreathchris
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 pm
yo, what up?

I have a acoustic guitar which I'll get a pic for later from my computer... and it's very old I had it for 7 years now...

The name of the guitar is faded out a little bit but it's workable. When I get my new one (an brand new one like Gibson, Les Paul, and an Staind like acoustic) hopefully my band will be awesome'

anyway bye for now
#73126 by TroyBunnell
Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:05 pm
capo2frets wrote:Here it is.......

What do you think the best acoustic guitar is:

Personally I like Taylor.
I have a Taylor CE-310 which is really on the lower end of the Taylor models but it is what I can afford and for me it plays very well.

My dream acoustic guitar would be a Collins.
Born and made in Austin Texas. They are pricey.

I also have a Michael Kelly acoustic guitar.
Yup, they haven't made that many but I found one in a guitar shop in Houston. It is a wonderfull guitar. Plays like a dream. Michael Kelly made it big on acoustic basses and mandolins but I'm here to tell you that they make a righteous acoustic guitar. If you find one you better buy it. I haven't seen that many out there.

What are your preferences?

In my experience the best acoustic guitar is the one that sounds right for the song and is easy to play

#77636 by JB66er
Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:18 pm
Martin..hands down
#78078 by kajuna
Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 am
I have many guitars now, and have played for 47 years and still learning new things. I use Gruver Creede Acoustic and it is rich and powerful sounding. It is made in the same factory as Gibson, Epiphone guitars, but is not a gibson model. Sort of a copy of Gibson body, takamine style head stock but better string to nut alignment, Taylor neck.
The maple neck is made to 1 11/16 nut so that I can easily transition from acoustic to electric and the action has a double CNC machined neck with two curves. One towards the middle and one curve away from the 14 fret to get clear sounds even with hard strumming and no fret buzz. The action is sweet the tone is better than some martins, but tone is "subjective" I like the deep rich "real resonating guitar sound".
Now for a medium more tenor tone I use a Gruver Raritan which has a smaller body, almost a miniature model of the Creede.
I have found that even with the consistency of production, each piece of wood is slightly different, so you need to play it before you buy or get a 30 day money back on any "mail order" guitar. :D

I also agree that deep bluesy sound may not come out of a smaller body, and a bright almost electric lead sound, doesn't come from a guitar that doesn't resonate on higher notes. I use the Raritan for almost light and breezy tunes. I often tune to low D and use slide for blues and the CREEDE model is killer for that sound.

#86918 by Mwinans
Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:25 pm
I have a 1998 CORT that I am in love with, I have a 1973 Alverez 12 string that still plays like a champ. The full sound rings. I used to have a Honner 12 string that just about played its self....I loved that guitar....It got stolen and it broke my heart.

#87338 by TCWB
Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 pm
I have a really good wife...That being said I am fortunate enough to have 3 Taylors. The first is a 612 "Blackie"; It's a Kathy Matea signature model with an LR Baggs system. Can play it fairly slinky. The next is a 614. Great strummer and with expression system, when live it is tremendous. The last is a Taylor T5 Spring Limited edition. The most inexpensive Taylor I own, but let me tell you, What a player. I picked it up new for 1300 bucks and I have fallen in love with it. Thought it would be the "last one" I'll ever need and then Taylor just introduced the 8 string Baritone. Tunes from B to B anad has 27" neck. Can't wait to try one out...Probably will have to sell others to get it....Or trade my wife!

#87720 by Spondoolicks
Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:32 am
'Best' is totally subjective of course, but...

Taylor's are pretty good. Martin's really don't do much for me (very over-rated)..

There's one make which pretty much blows the competition away -
Stonebridge (originally Furch).

Try one and you'll see what I mean :-)

#87888 by IPlayTheAxe
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 am
I LOVE my Larivee's. The best I have ever played, and have played them all!

#99841 by jollyploughboys
Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 am
simon and patrick dreadnaught cw spruce best guitar i,ve ever had lovely tone and once set up well plays like a dream ,nice