This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#70418 by Vince66
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:17 pm
I have an urge. :oops:
Now normally I wouldn't post that to a forum but this urge is to form an all electronic group. Sort of like English Kraftwerk mixed with Human League, Depeche Mode and that sort of thing.
8)
I've looked at ads all over the net but can't find anything. Does any one have any ideas :idea: on the best way to go about it?

Cheers.
#72919 by Mark Phillips
Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am
Hi Vince,
I cannot belive that there have not been plenty of people at least with something to say about forming this band, even if they are too far from Bornemouth to take part.
I am no help really Vince as I am up in East Sussex, and anyway I am not well up on electronic gadgets as they never work properly for me.
I do have a Traps electric drum kit in my studio, but I realised even that is not as automated as you are talking about.

let me know if things take off a bit.
Mark.................

#86331 by Kristofski
Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:48 pm
I've been making electronic music on my own for a few years now and I'm trying to find someone to work with on some new stuff, but it all seems to be about the guitars and drums and stuff round here.

I'm sure I'll find my synth pop soul mate eventually...
#86344 by Mark Phillips
Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:39 am
Hello Kristofski,
I wrote what I thought was a really nice drum tune yesterday on my Traps kit, but as I was too lazy to switch on the Tascam and record it I will have forgotten it by this morning! As I am not a drummer it didn't feel worth saving it.
I need a small child to work the machine for me whenever I get an idea I like!
Cheers guys,
Mark Phillips.....................

#86353 by philbymon
Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 pm
Hey Mark, where ya been? How's it going for ya?

I like this idea, & I think it's more than worthy, cuz there's definitely an audience for this sort of thing. Best of luck with it, Vince & Kristofski, as long as you're using your own work, & not some crappy garageband program. This is a viable art form, & it could be real exciting to pull it off.
#86355 by Mark Phillips
Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 pm
Hello Phil,
"Where have I been?"
Well I have been making quite a lot of guitars, and writing a couple of new songs too... and since my wife moved out I have been in contact with a Philippina working on the other side of Europe (Romania) who might settle with me in the UK all things being equal.

So yes I have been a bit of a rare bird on this site just lately, but just as enthusiastic about music as ever.

Are you playing plenty Phil?
Cheers,
Mark......................

#86445 by philbymon
Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:41 pm
Been slowly working toward being a working musician again. Taking some small local gigs, & my chops are slowly coming back.

Trying to fit a new guitarist into the band, but he's a lil slow & hard-headed. Haven't found anyone else of interest to date, though, so I'm kicking his butt a bit to try to make him fit. I think I might need a bigger foot...

Good luck with your Phillipina...
#86448 by Mark Phillips
Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:19 pm
Hello Phil,
I am just listening to your song 'Heads Up'; I really like it and everything you do on it works well together.
What inspired the song and how old/what period of your life is it from?

It is a nice tidy recording and I can see this is where I fall down; I never get past the first rough cut of a new song, made to stop me forgetting it, and by the time I think of making a better version I have written something new and the old song gets sidelined.

I have a song just written and recorded called 'Goodwyn's Road'; I started it when I was a 19 year old postman but just the idea in my head, and I finished it one month ago now 53!
It was my first time playing drum to a song so I kept to bass drum and a few cymbals and stuff!
I recorded straight through the four tracks without any retakes so it was done inside an hour, but one day I will get the speed and timing better when I do it again.
It was conceived from the names of the people living along one side of the road mentioned, and is carried by a slow stomp beat that mirrored by own then younger feet trudging round the housing estate in question.
I will try to upload it to the site.

Mark....................

#86528 by philbymon
Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:58 pm
I wrote that on the 4-track I used to have. Some of my best stuff is written as a whole production, for some reason, & when I record as I go along, the song grows in some pretty good ways for me. My poor lil brain wanders a whole lot, so having the recording to work from makes it all easier for me to complete stuff. I haven't had anything to record on for a long time, & I also haven't written much the last few years.

It wasn't really that trying of a time for me when I wrote it, but I somehow got into the self-pitying mindset needed to write it. I think I was putting out about 3 good songs a week at that time, & I'm feeling like I could be that prolific again, right now, if I had the equipment to do what I want. Without it, the stuff runs through my head like a sieve, & it's all just loosely arranged crap until I can actually hear things in context. It's a useful crutch for me...

#86552 by Chippy
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:40 pm
Vince.
Send me a message yeah.

Hows Blighty? :D
#86586 by eVL_e
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:47 am
Hello England,

I was inspired yrs ago with your country's support of fwd thinking musicians.

Originally from Guatemala, but I grew up speaking English in the Divided States of Abhorica :) - pls let me know if any of you would like to collab as I'm planning to station in Europe when related plans are confirmed.

Either way. Keep on, anyone can do it. Everyone should.

I've replaced Tommy Lee on 2 separate occasions and that's stated with completely humble tone here, I'm good at what I do and would love to hear from musicians that want to collab.

Cheers to you all.

_/..
e
#87557 by ryckykay86
Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 pm
Mark Phillips wrote:Hello Phil,
"Where have I been?"
Well I have been making quite a lot of guitars, and writing a couple of new songs too... and since my wife moved out I have been in contact with a Philippina working on the other side of Europe (Romania) who might settle with me in the UK all things being equal.

So yes I have been a bit of a rare bird on this site just lately, but just as enthusiastic about music as ever.

Are you playing plenty Phil?
Cheers,
Mark......................

u make guitars? for sale i would assume? how much do they usually go for?
#87579 by Mark Phillips
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:45 pm
Hi Rycky,
I am posting one off tomorrow that fetched just £192 in auction... quite disappointed with that as it was my best one so far and it looked the mutt's nuts and I hoped for around £300; but it was in profit so I learn then move on.

I am not a guitar builder but more of a master bodger really... grand master even!
I make guitars for guys with big hands and fingers; or with smaller hands but wanting extra space for specific finger techniques etc.

Right now in stock I have a Washburn, a Peavey, a Legend Strat, and a DeArmond SG copy... I adapt seven string guitars that people give up on!
Cheers,
Mark............
Phillips Cleartone Guitars