This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#84890 by darrylks
Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:49 pm
I needed a keyboard player to join my band. I contacted a bandmix member (Thelawman) to join. His bio was ok. He came with a really good drummer. I have no problem with him but after two rehearsals thelawman had his drummer try to steal my female vocalists. One of them told me. The other didn't. She have a good voice but no stage presence. It was not a great lost but everone else in the band was really pissed off with them. I need them for the next show so I could not release them on the spot. We recovered well but it could have been a big problem.

How many of you have hade a similar experience and what did you do?

Thay later formed a band named after the club we play at. So creative...
And he changed his profile to claim more experience. Probally this was to compensate for his lack of ethics. Hied you sh*t he's really a cop!!!

#84892 by gbheil
Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:55 pm
I believe in Band loyalty. But seem to be in the minority.
I believe the prevailing rule is:

All's fare in love war and music.

#84900 by Starfish Scott
Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:33 pm
Wow, that's a good story..

You should tell it more slowly as the twist at the end makes it altogether sinister..lol

#84909 by Kramerguy
Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:27 pm
so ms no stage presence left... good riddance, she obviously didn't think it was worth staying.

I wouldn't keep them for a show... kick their asses out. Are you a total wuss? Do the show using fill-in's or just without them.. Jeez.. I've done shows with just one guitar and one drummer. My band splits out and does everything from 2 separate acoustic duos, to any combination of three of us being able to do trio's etc...

Suck it up and get rid of those tools. Put together a passable show without them. It's not as hard as you think.

#84912 by philbymon
Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:04 pm
A lawman would never steal. I have complete trust in the police. This story can't be true.

:shock:

Embrace your Big Brother.
#84932 by Class Cat
Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:47 pm
Now that's funny :lol:

#84947 by Starfish Scott
Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:13 am
No police steal, huh?

Boy are you in the dark!

Hope that's sarcasm..

#86558 by darrylks
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm
The point or advice is beware of two for one deals. There gone and forgoten. We are getting more applause from our preformances that we ever have.

#86559 by gbheil
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:34 pm
And thats the name of that tune! :D

#86561 by Crip2Nite
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:42 pm
Waaayy back when..... I was in a band called "Camouflage" .... We lost our singer and were auditioning singers..... One of the singers called me after the audition.... He was the singer of a band called "Spellbound" and this was his way of seeking out a guitarist without having to hold auditions... They had tons of gigs.... I went over to the dark side.... We toured all over the eat coast clubs and colleges.... smart guy, that singer... Here was Spellbound:

I'm on the far right....

#86564 by philbymon
Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 pm
Didja hafta shave yer chest for that gig?

#86567 by Crip2Nite
Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 pm
heehee.... I was just a wee tot! :P

#86608 by jw123
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:17 pm
Crip thats you on the far right isnt it? You were a pretty boy, What happened? Just kidding, I had a fire that destroyed all my old Metal Pictures, wish I had a few with my old Paul Stanley hair doo. The I went the new wave mullet route for a few years. Sweet memories.

As far as bands and loyalty. My feeling is if someone wants to leave for whatever reason be gracious, you may wind up working together again in the future. Ive always told people I play with if you find what you think is a better deal monetarily, emotionally, musically then go for it. This for me goes back to not burning bridges with former bandmates cause the musical circle in any area you are in is small.

I had a lady that let me go from my monday night gig a month ago. I could have said a lot of ugly things about the situation but I held my tongue. I just moved down to another venue to play on mondays and didnt really push the gig. She decided to quit the place we were at, and I got the other deal offered back. I told the lady that runs it that I was jsut looking for a place to paly on monday nights and since I didnt know anyone I didnt want to rock the waters and had accepted a gig at another venue. She was cool with me and offered a little more money that i get at the new place. I told her that after the month I would talk to her but that I was committing to one place for a month at a time. The gal that let me go has started coming down to my gig and sitting in, along with the people that followed her, they liked me but when she shunned me they stayed away. But now they are back and she wants me to get into a blues group with her on a limited basis. And a side note is that I think I met the love of my life at this club.

What Im getting at is if you get in a corner be gracious and dont get caught up in all the bull sh*t drama that seems to surround bands and music. I took the high road in the situation and have got 2 venues that want me, the gal that let me go wants to get something on the side started that sounds fun, plus if all this hadnt happened like it did I wouldnt have met this beautiful woman that has entered my life, plus the people in that area think Im one cool upstanding dude and have welcomed me into their world with open arms. Mainly because I didnt go in bitching about the situation and I didnt run away from it either.

I do think if someone is playing with someone and decides to make a change they should finish any committed gigs they said they would do, unless its a once in the lifetime deal that involves getting paid life changing sums of money. Thats just good business.

I think most of us on here ultimately play music cause we enjoy playing music. If I put the talents and efforts I put into making money I would be rich son of a gun, but I love to play and entertain.

Good Luck with whatever happens and keep on rockin.

Just my 2 cents!

#86711 by etoncrow
Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:31 pm
Just like the old cowboys in all those Louie Lamour books, I ride for the brand. It is called loyalty and ethics.

#86723 by gbheil
Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:12 pm
:D
My cement exactly.