This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#7441 by mistermikev
Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:46 am
nice voice... gtr sounds is in need of a direct box IMO. Nice harmonies too.

#7458 by Micawber
Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:10 am
Hey James, just read your profile you say "I am 100% talent.....I was born to sing ......I am very gifted". Then I listened to your track,I think you spoke the truth. I was well impressed. I have worked with a few male vocalists over the years none of which have been of your calibre.
Get yourself a decent drummer and you will be well on the way. Loved the guitar by the way.

#7680 by RhythmMan
Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:44 pm
James, I just heard 'Ground Zero.'

It's not quite my style of music, but it was definitely nicely composed, performed, and sung. There's a market for your stuff, that's for sure.
It's easy to recognize you as an artist.
Any chance of your reciprocating w/my song "The 4th Emotion?" Thanks.

Keep up the good work.
Alan

#8129 by Jampy
Fri May 04, 2007 10:37 pm
Very well done, Bravo

Good players are a dime a dozen, but those that play well are what you need to really push you to the top. I think there could be a market for your style but best to move fast, sadly at 36 your starting to hit that downward spiral for what is hip with what is on the radio..etc. Don't take that as a insult as is not one just a simple fact I am sure you already know. You seem like a out-spoken kinda guy so get that demo done and get to the labels !!!!

#8261 by Tessa
Tue May 08, 2007 11:41 am
Hi James and welcome! I have to tell you that when you know what you are born to do, it's a wonderful thing! I also feel I was born to sing but it took me way too long to realize it and I let too many things get in my way. I AM making up for lost time now as best I can . But this is about you and I want to encourage you to be aggressive. You have the most important thing going for you which is the talent and the confidence! Always believe in yourself cos there's always going to be people willing to criticize. GROUND ZERO is well done, you can sing ! I like the harmony too! GO, GO, GO!

#8537 by thedanband
Wed May 16, 2007 3:30 am
mate, i have to say, very emotive, very glam, very large sound with the heavy distortion complimented by the clean vocals and a little reverb. nice touch. well done.

http://www.livelocals.net

#8540 by Vocals & Bass
Wed May 16, 2007 4:58 am
" The Older The Violen, The Sweeter The Music " Age is not a factor with a talented musician. To give it your all & dedication, IS. I see it as making it in the music buisness with an original CD is not the only option to pursue. Being a talented solo musician is another option, There isnt any style, era, or being up with the times, etc. of music that matters as far as becoming one of the big dogs, Only you as a musician. Just to be a soundman, driver, etc., Let alone a backup vocal, etc. for a major band or bands that are not as popular as some are. Would be a good living $. And the job that we all strive to achieve & love. Different opinions & critics are not a factor to fulfill your passion for music. Being opend minded, dedicated [110%], & yourself, Is what matters in my personal opinion. Create your 'Frankenstien".

#8644 by MaskedDrummer
Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 pm
GREAT SOUND!!!
Not a huge fan of voice altering but it does work.
Hope you find your band!

#8650 by Craig Maxim
Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 pm
Voice = Competent
Guitar = Competent
Songwriting = Competent

Ego = Outstanding!

Sorry bro. You're just setting yourself up with...

"I am 100% talent. I was born to sing. I am very gifted. You name it, I can sing it. "

#8750 by RhythmMan
Sun May 20, 2007 3:20 pm
Thanks, man.
I'm getting away from the slow stuff, and getting into some hotter stuff - I'll eventually get around to posting some of it . . . I've already replaced "Rufus the Dufus" w/ something else . . .
Good luck w/ your music.

#8752 by Craig Maxim
Sun May 20, 2007 4:35 pm
Confidence is almost a neccessity in the entertainment biz. And a little arrogance is almost natural when you have the talent to back it up. What I heard from you, didn't back it up. And when you blaze onto the boards with stuff along the lines of....

"STOP!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!! I've been here two days now, I am 100% talent, I have a God given gift, I can sing anything!!!"

You MUST back it up!

It's only one man's opinion, but in my estimation, you did not back up those kinds of "demanding" statements you made. You got me to "stop" and you got me to "pay attention" but I felt cheated. Probably as cheated as any guy that ever trusted an infomercial and bought a penis pump. The results just weren't what was expected.