This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8249 by Lady Rocker
Tue May 08, 2007 12:11 am
Hello everyone!! I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been asked to sing an entire album for a project called "MG71" - Album to be titled "Laid to Rest"!!

I got hooked up with this guy from Musicians Collaborations & he totally RAWKS!! I have started an Artists page on myspace - It has one of the new songs posted on it..... I wanted to post it here to, but the file I have is too large at the moment...... (working on making it smaller)!

ANYWAY - I'm very excited and would like for you to check it out, and you can leave comments here for me!! As I would like to get opinions and comments from the many repected musicians on here!!

BTW - This is Heavy Rock/ Metal music

Thanks guys!! Here's the link: www.myspace.com/ladyrockermg71

RAWK ON 8) !

#8252 by gexclamationpoint
Tue May 08, 2007 12:15 am
wow, thats awesome. congrats on the project.

#8287 by mistermikev
Tue May 08, 2007 5:52 pm
see ppul: a lotta good things going down on www. musicianscollaboration . com. congrats on that lady.

If u r a singer, drummer, harmonicist, keyboardist... they need you over there BAD. Lotta gtr and bass over there allready but if you've got tunes that need other parts... git over there! If you can add lyrics to ppuls music... get over there!

way to preach the gospel of collab lady!

#8299 by Lady Rocker
Tue May 08, 2007 8:10 pm
Thanks g! - By the way - you've made my daughter very happy :D !

Thanks Clint- Nope, his tune completely- His name is Miguel Gayarre and he is from SPAIN - the only thing I did to that tune was add my melody! And thanks for saying it fits the song perfectly -- a few ppl have said that so far, and it makes me feel good - and even more confident to be working with him!! :D

Hey Mike!! U checked it out then?! :D - kewlness!!

and like he says - it is an awesome site and alot of talent over there!!

Thanks for taking the time to check it out guys!!

Rawk On 8) !!

#8310 by tlnelson
Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 am
Congratulations Lady Rocker! I listened to the song on your myspace page, it does RAWK! Way to go!!

Tracy

#8322 by Lady Rocker
Wed May 09, 2007 1:48 pm
Hi Tracy!! Thanks for taking the time to check it out!! :D

How are you coming along with your vocal training??

Tania

#8337 by mistermikev
Wed May 09, 2007 10:19 pm
listening now. pretty heavy. didn't like the first few phrases but when you let go: I like it.
good tite bass, drums, and gtr. did jwoo do the drums? doesn't sound like his kit but he is AWESOME. drummer has a nice snare but a weak bassdrum for this genre. I think the music fits your voice well.
nice work.

when u r over there again go look for anything with oodle singing. OMFG that guy is unbelievable. He sounds like gene simmons/ leonard cohen/ lou reed all rolled up into one. there's a few songs by nickT that have oodle singing. seriously go check him out.

I'm glad collab is working out for you. Ppul there are super nice, talent everywhere and PROFESSIONALISM. They don't get upset if you pick someone elses track over theirs. I'm in for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8359 by tlnelson
Thu May 10, 2007 12:53 pm
Hey Tania,

Actually, it's coming along fine. I just started with a new teacher last week and she is AWESOME! I do the Speech Level Singing method that alot of artists have used and my voice is coming along nicely. I may be able to re-record some stuff at the end of the month or beginning of June and let you all hear the difference.

Keep us informed of your success :)

Tracy

#8520 by RocknMike
Tue May 15, 2007 7:19 pm
Completely awsome next evanescience, I loved it. Exspecially when you went off and put the umfffffffff in it. Rythym tracks (everything else) was awsome too. From 1-10 I'll give it a 9.5 on mikey's starameter.

#8527 by RhythmMan
Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 am
Lady Rocker, you said, "..... I wanted to post it here to, but the file I have is too large at the moment...... (working on making it smaller)!
Try rendering the MP3 file at 22Khz, 64kbps.
It'll still sound good, but it'll be half the size of the standard 'FM-quality"
of 44KHz amd 128kbps.
I've been collaborating with a female vocalist in Australia.
How do you like your International collaboration?

#8530 by Vocals & Bass
Wed May 16, 2007 2:10 am
I am so excited for you Lady Rocker! You will go Far with the talent that you possess. I am one of your biggest fans! [PS] A week or so ago, I received a message on my Myspace from you about allowing your bands Friends Request. Sis, You are a my friend already. There was no request on myspace. Must had been some kind of error with my site. Try to do a request at my myspace again. Your Friend, Lonnie. [VB] :lol:

#8683 by Lady Rocker
Fri May 18, 2007 3:34 pm
Thanks everyone for taking the time to check it out!! You PPl ROCK! :D

V&B - I've tried several times adding you my friend!! I don't know what the deal is!! You can't bring my page up either?? What up w/that?? :?

Samic - I do have a smaller version of it - but, I really think it sounds like crap compared to the larger file! So, I don't want to post it on here!! After I get the finished mix from Miguel - Maybe that one will sound better, and I'll post that one!! :wink:

THANKS MIKEY 8) - :wink:

I will Tracy - and you as well!! Would be great to check out some new posts of yur voice!!

Hey MMV - Haven't been online much lately -- been practicin'! I just received the rest of the album - This guy Rocks!! I'm excited!! I haven't had time to check out ootle yet - I've heard that about him though!! I've been havin puter problems lately, and scrambling to get sh*t straight so I can get busy on this album - LOTS of work to do!!

AND I GUESS IN ALL MY EXCITEMENT, I NEGLECTED TO SAY THAT THE TUNE IS NOT FINISHED YET THOUGH - WHAT I HAVE POSTED IS NOT THE FINAL MIX! My brother mixed that so Miguel could hear my vocals - He is wanting me to sing the tune all in the higher octave - then he wants to do a final mix on it!! Which we are working on at this time - plus, I have 9 more songs to figure out to get goin on this project!! WHEW!!

Anyway - I appreciate all your comments & support!! :D

I will definitely keep everyone posted!!

ROCK ON!! 8)

Tania

#9155 by Lady Rocker
Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:57 pm
Hello PPL!! It's been awhile!! Been very busy lately trying to work on this project and having LOTS of hurdles to be jumping over :? !!
I think I've caught my foot a couple of times in the process and I'm scratched up a bit :shock: !!

My puter has been givin me fits, and I've been having troubles trying to get my vox recorded!! I decided to give it a rest for the weekend - As I'm at the point of wanting to SMASH my puter - or pull my hair out!! OR BOTH!! :x

My hubby and I are taking a ride downstate tomorrow to see CANDLEBOX in concert!! :D
I absolutely LOVE THEM!! We did a few of there tunes when I was jammin' out!! Very EXCITED!! Going to be a GREAT time and a much deserved break for both me and my hubby!!

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL!!
HOPEFULLY it won't be too much longer and I'll get this stuff done - If worse comes to worse - and my puter continues to be uncooperative - I've hooked up with a guy nearby that has a recording studio - and he said he'd record the vox for the album for me - but he's unavailable for about a week or two!!

Miss EVERYONE!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

ROCK ON PPL!! 8)

TANIA

#9157 by RhythmMan
Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:42 pm
Lady R:
Here's some info. about computer recording that may help you:
> Make sure all hard drives are defragged regularly.
> Run Norton cleanup (or equivelant) before recording. Blow out the internet history/junk - free up space.
> Watch the hard-drive light. Wait for it to go out. If your computer is doing some sort of disk cleanup (like between takes), it can pause, skip, or 'hiccup.' Try waiting an extra 10 seconds between takes.
> RAM is cheap, and there's a very, very important rule when it comes to RAM: MORE!
Add an extra 256K or 512K RAM, - & I bet 75% of your problems go away.
Good luck, and - back up frequently . . .