This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#762 by Guest
Fri May 12, 2006 6:02 pm
Young, Attractive, Funny, Talented, (plays rhythm guitar)............and lives 4,000,000,000 miles from Boston...."ooooooooh the pain" :) Wish I had a jet :cry: Good luck with your search Desi, Eddie B. Figure 4 Band :wink:

#788 by gdjsgirl
Fri May 19, 2006 1:46 am
Female vocalist here, looking for band..........I know parts of Mass are only about an hour from me, I'm in Schenectady NY.........maybe we could make it work. Get back to me. [email protected]

#833 by Guest
Wed May 24, 2006 10:24 am
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

#837 by cptmarkjm93
Wed May 24, 2006 11:50 am
Ah, the joys of trying to find a new singer. While in college I got lucky and found a female singer to replace our male singer who was absolutley incredible and stayed with us 3 years until we broke up after I graduated...still keep in contact with her years later.

Lava Man
http://www.lavacable.com

#862 by Guest
Thu May 25, 2006 8:22 pm
If ya think finding a female singer is hard. Try living in Los Angeles, Ca. , where Amer Idol fever is waaaaayyyy too strong here. People have the confidence , but none of the talent. And God forbid if you post an ad and you don't live directly next door to them. Image over sound. Style over substance. Oh well back to the beach :twisted:
#882 by fisherman bob
Sun May 28, 2006 2:40 pm
One of your male band members needs to get a sex change operation
Or
One of your band members needs to become a she-male
Or
One of your band members needs to become a female impersonator
Or
Maybe adjust the song lyrics from a female point of view to a male point of view. IMAGINE THAT! What a concept! Taking a song and actually interpreting it to fit your current band members. God forbid anybody from playing a song the way they want to play it. It's amazing how many "musicians" are really mynah birds or parrots, simply mimicking everything they hear. I've heard cover bands who try to make every song sound exactly like the record. Ever hear of a jukebox? Or a DJ? Or karaoke? Do you want your band to be a "live jukebox?" Or do you want to be real musicians and play whatever song you want to play any damn way you want to play it? The hell with finding a female singer. Play the damn song YOUR WAY. Later-Fisherman Bob.
#907 by Guest
Sun May 28, 2006 7:57 pm
Dude , I no how u feel figure four band dude. Im a drummer and cant find a band that needs one within a hundred miles of me. AAAAAAAAAAAA.SOME ONE HELP!!!!!
#918 by Guest
Mon May 29, 2006 6:15 pm
Well, bob.........For starters you fasination with the trans-gender thing is truly scaring the sh*t out of me. Secondly, we are confident, with our talent as musicians, we just don't think we sound cool singing a Pat Benatar song <grin>....Third, no need to post the same reply twice in the same forum.....(we heard you the first time)..Lay off the salmon eggs Bob, We are long way from Kansas...............(THANK GOD)
#924 by fisherman bob
Tue May 30, 2006 3:47 am
I lived in Needham, Mass. for 5 years, New Jersey for 18 years, Sacramento, Cal. for seven years, one year in Knoxville, Tenn. In some respects the Kansas City area compares favorably with any other metro area in the United States. If you ever have a chance to visit this area you should, it might pleasantly surprise you. I never would question anybody's talent. In fact most of the musicians I have listened to have wonderful talent they aren't using fully. I would never waste my time getting hung up on not finding a female singer, or getting hung on on not finding any other singer or musician. I have absolutely no interest in trans-gender, I was just making a joke. I think it would be WAY COOL to play whatever Pat Benetar song you want, THE WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY IT. Change the words around to fit a male point of view. Maybe slow the song down a little, put more power into it, put a bridge in where there is no bridge, DO SOMETHING CREATIVE with it. Don't sit around and lament because you can't find a female singer. Life is too short. Get after the music now while you"re young (I assume you're young) and still full of creative energy. Salmon eggs? I used to fish for trout when I lived in New Jersey. Salmon eggs are a great bait for trout, but not fit for human consumption. I wish you guys a lot of luck. I hope someday you get to tour the country and if you visit Kansas City check out our world class barbecue restaurants. Later-Fisherman Bob.
#930 by fisherman bob
Tue May 30, 2006 7:35 pm
Maybe your not finding a female singer is a sign of the music industry in general. I can't think of hardly any famous contemporary female singers who are fat, ugly, homely, etc., can you? And that applies to all genres of music. Let's see... Madonna, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keyes, yeah they're all dogs. How about Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Dolly Parton? Yeah, they're ugly as sin, too. Those female contestants who make it to the later rounds of American Idol are all gorgeous too. If somebody like Janis Joplin (who was downright homely) or Mama Cass (humongous) were to come along today nobody would even know who they are. Image seems to be way more important than musical ability. Maybe a lot of women who have seen your ads looking for a female singer are not responding because they feel they are not attractive enough. That's an absolute shame. That 500lb female with a tumor on her face could be one hell of a singer, but she can never be on MTV or VH1. Where have you been advertising for a singer besides Band-Mix? I've run my own company for over 15 years and I bet I can give you some great marketing ideas to come up with a singer. Band-Mix is a fine web-site but there's other web-sites, as well as other ways to find the singer you need. Have you tried placing a classified ad in any of the college newsletters, especially the colleges that specialize in music (Berkley?). Craig's List of Boston probably has a music classified section. There's Community Musician, a site similar to Band-Mix. Most likely Boston has some arts entertainment web-sites you might be able to run ads in. I've been at this music business a long time and I've found some very creative ways to come up with musicians. Do the music stores around Boston have bulletin boards you can run ads on? Sometimes just telling everybody you know that you need a singer can come up with a name or two. Boston must have a an alternative/entertainment newspaper that you can run a cheap ad in. In the past I've had problems finding various musicians. But I never give up, or lament, I know things are going to work out someday. Later-Fisherman Bob

#933 by Guest
Tue May 30, 2006 8:30 pm
Thanks for the advice Bob............Love ya,....DJ-Mynah Bird & The Parrots

#941 by Guest
Wed May 31, 2006 4:53 pm
ok, now let me get this straight......was that a 90lb female singer with a 410lb forehead growth? or was it a 410 lb female singer with a 90lb forehead growth? Or was it a 500 lb female singer with a forehead growth of unknown poundage? I suspect it would somehow make a difference.

#956 by Bluesguitargrl
Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:49 pm
I have to say that I agree that it is a testament to the sad state of affairs for women musically... I am a female musician, at times feel like the only damn one who cares more about the music that the image... and don't get me wrong, I'm no dog, but I know that it doesn't matter how pretty you are if you can't play, sing whatever... how long do you think you can keep an audiences attention... because I want to keep the room full of fans with their attention on the music, not on my breasts.

#960 by Guest
Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:25 pm
Hello everyone. New here from West Va.

Hoping to find a female vocalist to work with. I've been looking locally and thought I'd give this site a try too.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.