This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

What is your religion?

39%
N/A
N/A
34%
27%

#82728 by neanderpaul
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 pm
Craig! Brother! I enjoy you. We butt heads. It's ok. I love you as a brother in Christ. We can continue this debate. But please be nice.

#82733 by Sir Jamsalot
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 pm
philbymon wrote:Philby's input *snipt*

ouch! It's common for threads like this to get a little heated. When all is said and done, i don't think anyone thinks less of the other simply because we hold different views. Name calling and profanity I think is probably pushing some civil discourse boundaries, but all in all - we're still friends right?

:)
chris

#82735 by Sir Jamsalot
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm
sanshouheil wrote:The best thing about this thread is it made it easy for me to find a bunch of you guys in one place so I could update my Music list. :D

Lol.

#82736 by Chippy
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm
Too right! I love everything.

Chris4Blues wrote:
ouch! It's common for threads like this to get a little heated. When all is said and done, i don't think anyone thinks less of the other simply because we hold different views. Name calling and profanity I think is probably pushing some civil discourse boundaries, but all in all - we're still friends right?

:)
chris

#82738 by neanderpaul
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 pm
Chris, Craig and I have been round and round on very similar ground. I still want to meet him as I have met several on here. I hold no hard feelings. We do get heated, both of us get riled, but I still call him a friend AND brother.
Glad to call you, Ryan, and Sans brothers too. I know there are others here. We are in the minority.
Last edited by neanderpaul on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#82740 by philbymon
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:37 pm
Well...he don't look all that "friendly" to me, Chris.

Yeah, I think a lot less of him when I see the same old Craig who can't stop being such a...whatever...he's obviously got a long way to go.

#82755 by fisherman bob
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:35 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Bob:

Though I disagree with your assessment of the reasoning behind the instigation of the two world wars. The point itself is still relevent.
I understand and appreciate your veiw and concerns.
God forbid I ever have to use deadly force in defense of myself or others.
But if it were your family being raped in broad daylight in a parking lot while others ignore or watch.
I feel certain you would be glad that I was the one there, unwilling to tolerate the act as if it was just a floor show.

Christ Jesus is my salvation at the end of my earthly life.
God may or may not grant me grace to survive a fatal accident or act of violence. That is his decision. May his will be done.

Pocket: LOL I had to do a double take to make sure I did not post that. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the props bro!
I obviously over-simplified the reasons for WWI and WWII but all of started with the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. Even though I don't own a gun I would defend your right to own and carry a gun TO THE DEATH. Every man has the God given right to defend himself, his family and his neighbors. I believe in all the states where right to carry was passed into law the crime rates have gone DOWN. I actually feel safer knowing that there are many lawful citizens who own and carry guns (I'm not sure if it's legal in Kansas or Missouri). When I play at a bar I know the friendlies would be happy to defend me if it came down to that. If I were nearby you and some fool tried to harm you they'd have to get through me, which isn't easy to do...and I would be happy to take a bullet for you which might give you the time to draw and defend yourself.

#82762 by gbheil
Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm
Right on Bob.
My Texas license now gives me reciprosity on both sides of the state line in KC.

Yep when the Black Hand shot ol Arhie Ferd, they really stired up the crap.

#82775 by CraigMaxim
Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:44 am
Paul,

I love you dude. Seriously. I know your heart is to do right. You wouldn't keep to the standards you believe in otherwise. I am admonishing you as a brother in Christ. You are doing the same to me. Whether we come to consensus in this life, who can tell?

I am not mad at you.

I am FURIOUS at the state of Christianity today.

It is OFF THE MARK. Way off.

And my anger is fueled because I feel God's heart about this. And as I have revealed previously. Very bad things are coming. God told me Himself, that the next 3 years will be very bad, with each year getting progressively worse than the one before.

I know what my own ideas are. And I know when God speaks to me. I have had decades at this, to know the difference.

Knowing what I know, I am very upset. The churches claiming Christ as their head, should be UNITED to face the crisis that is coming. Christ wanted His believers to be one.

All I can tell you, is that Christian churches today are making THE VERY SAME MISTAKE as the Jews did 2000 years ago. They are entrenched, cultures have built up around their denominations. They are more in love with their traditions and rituals, than the supposed purpose of the rituals. Namely, following Christ, and witnessing to the world, that God loves them so much, that He willingly humbled Himself by assuming a flesh nature, and ALLOWED... ALLOWED... the RELIGIONISTS he had come to lead, to instead shout for his demise at the hands of the Romans. I'm gonna cry right now, because that kind of love is a love NO ONE CAN EVER FULLY KNOW but God Himself. Yes, we can willingly give our lives as a sacrifice for another too, but NONE of us, NOT ONE OF US, knows what it is like to have invested yourself completely in a magnificent Creation, billions of galaxies to be astonished by, all out of love, and a beautiful and magnificent place for his children to dwell and grow, and then to have those very children, the ones He loves so dearly, to be murdered by them, in spite and hate and improper judgement, and HE TAKES IT. HE WILLINGLY TAKES THIS... and yet has the power of Creation, the power of the Cosmos at His disposal to stop it... and He doesn't. He lets judgemental and inferior beings KILL HIM, because His love is bigger than their hate... His love is bigger than ego... His love is somehow, bigger than His own position as Lord and Creator.

THIS IS THE LOVE that Christians should be WITNESSING TO, by expressing it in their own lives, and in the churches that claim to represent the God of Love. But instead we fight to MAINTAIN our little positions and our little lives, and our air conditioned churches, whether or not the government will allow the 10 Commandments in court rooms or not, and whether or not "In God we trust" is on a One Dollar Bill or not, and whether or not homosexuals are afforded equal rights or not, and I'm sorry, but whether or not too, we use musical instruments... musical instruments? To praise God with, as His people, the Jews, did for CENTURIES before the poverty stricken Christian church came along.

How is it that God, the Creator, can HUMBLE HIMSELF to take on a form that allowed us to KILL HIM. And he allows it, out of an undying and unending love, to reach out to us, to BEG US, to take his love inside our hearts, and be one with Him. He allows this, in order to save us.

How is it that a being with ALL POWER at His disposal can humble Himself like that, for the sake of love, and WE CANNOT EVEN ALLOW people with long hair in some of our churches and seminaries, and feel superior to those who want to praise their Father with musical instruments.

WHAT IN THE HELL gives us the right to DIVIDE the church Christ paid for in BLOOD, because we THINK we please God better by creating and following more rules than the other denominations do?

I will never step foot in a church again, if it remains so.

Give me the love of an ALL POWERFUL Creator, so loving, so amazingly loving, that he lowers Himself to MY LEVEL and risks being murdered, because he wants and desires MY LOVE in return.

I will give my life to that being, over and over and over and over and over, and over, and I ONLY WISH I COULD DIE A THOUSAND TIMES rather than only once, to show HIM, HOW GRATEFUL I AM for WHO HE IS!!!

Wake up brothers and sisters. Stop worshipping rules and books, even inspired books. The book is only there to record the truth, to help REVEAL the real treasure.... GOD'S LOVE!!!

You have the greatest treasure anyone could ever imagine. You can share it with miserable and depressed and lonely people, and CHANGE THEM FOREVER, and help them find what we all really want... TO BE LOVED! Here is the SOURCE of ALL LOVE, ready to give it freely!!! And you praise a book? You fight over words in a book? You divide over trivial issues?

Just remember. Please remember.

The Father you have in Heaven, while you worry about trivial customs and traditions, LOWERED HIMSELF to be one of us. He sacrificed his power, the BILLIONS OF ANGELS who worshipped Him daily. He made Himself into a nothing, in this world, FOR YOU. FOR ME. FOR ALL MANKIND!

How can you be proud for upholding a TRADITION?

Your God, sacrificed all pride, and was spit upon, and beaten, and marred MORE THAN ANY MAN, He left His throne, and place of priveledge and royalty, and became NOTHING, all for love. ALL FOR LOVE!!!

FORGET MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.
FORGET TRIVIAL TRADITIONS.
FORGET DANCING OR REMAINING SEATED!

WITNESS THAT LOVE!!! BE A WITNESS TO THAT LOVE!!!

THERE IS NOTHING ELSE! NOTHING ELSE!!!

Don't you understand?

#82777 by CraigMaxim
Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am
"I am the vine and YOU are the branches."

The tree of life is CHRIST!

"And the LEAVES were for the healing of the nations."

YOU are the leaves.

Are you healing the nations?

Don't think this is over... "Oh, thank you Jesus, you paid it all, I don't have to do anything now. I'm saved. Than you Jesus! Let me sit in my air-conditioned church, and make up ridiculous rules on how to worship my own Father! Thanks Jesus... your work is done, and so is mine I guess!"

WRONG!

Jesus said: "Take up your cross and follow me!"

Have you taken up a cross?

Are you sufffering at the hands of those you are trying to love?

YOU SHOULD BE!

You should be!

#82782 by ratsass
Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:38 am
So, this guy gets to talk to God one day. He says, "God, what is a million years to You?" And God says, "A million years is but a mere second to Me." So the guy asks, "Well, God, what then is a million dollars to You?" and God says, "A million dollars is but a mere penny to Me." So the man thinks about it and then says, "God....could I borrow a penny?" and God says, "Sure....just a second."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just lightening things up a bit. Missed most of this discussion as I have my own beliefs in God and don't feel like opening them up to criticism. I'm happy with my relationship with God, right or wrong. He's my friend and takes care of me, and I don't think He has a problem at all with my ideas about religion.

#82783 by 420freedom
Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:04 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rua4Rw8dDuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhQLt1v ... re=channel

I doubt anyone will actually watch the whole thing,or "get them".

We only get one life to live,so stop moaning about ours and focus on creating a better life for future lives....or bring an automatic weapon to a public event,you know,to show the youth how awesome of a "freedom fighter" you are. :roll:

#82785 by CraigMaxim
Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:26 am
420freedom wrote:
I doubt anyone will actually watch the whole thing,or "get them".

They weren't very long. Why wouldn't we watch the whole thing? Fear? LOL. And who wouldn't "get them"? The message (and sarcastic humor) is very clear. My only problem, of course, would be extrapolating out the mythological parts of the Bible to mean that God doesn't exist period.

My favorite part was:

"It's funny how scientists have discovered cures for all kinds of diseases, and can smash the atom (etc...) but always get it wrong where the Bible is concerned.

Well something like that. :-)

It's an excellent point. We bellieve scientists have smashed the atom, and accept nuclear power as reality, and we believe what they discovere through their microscopes where diseases are concerned, and we bellieve that man did walk on the Moon, by which MANY MANY calculations were necessary...

But when these same types of calculations end up disputing the assertion that the Earth is a mere 10,000 years old, as opposed to 4 BILLION, then suddenly the scientists can't be trusted, right?

Doesn't this tell you something?

Thanks for sharing the video! :-)

#82788 by 420freedom
Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:51 am
I don't think it was fear of the video,lol, maybe to much pride, or maybe the constant fear of not having enough pride?

I thought it was clear satire,but if you read some of the comments on the videos,it appears that it isn't to everyone.....somehow :shock:

That video your referring to was pretty good,but I liked the first one that made a joke/point about religion being forced upon the meek.

But you should see the one where he converts to all religions....just to be safe.

#82793 by CraigMaxim
Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:03 am
jimmydanger wrote:Craig, I am always impressed how you question the very things that most Christian people accept as fact. You have obviously thought a lot about this and I commend you for your efforts.

Well, thank you Jimmy.

The God I honor, not only ALLOWS me to question. He WANTS me to question. He gave us inquisitive minds after all. Many great figures in the Bible complained to God or even argued with Him on occassion. He didn't send lighting bolts to any of them. ;-)