This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#8185 by Jayvocgr
Sun May 06, 2007 5:11 pm
when bandmix matches musicians for you...

does anybody find them rather inaccurate?

Every match I get for me locates musicians who are 15+ years older than me and play a completely different style of music

I'm mainly into funk rock, post-punk, indie, 90's stuff, and I get matches for 46 year old country guitarists. That would work really well.

is there any way to toggle these things?

#8188 by mistermikev
Sun May 06, 2007 6:30 pm
yes but your gonna have to learn to sing country music. they match you up based on your zip code but you may be able to change a setting on yer profile to have it search on genre or something of that sort. Hope this helps.
mv

#8189 by Irminsul
Sun May 06, 2007 6:37 pm
I don't think there is. Bandmix just picks these things in their own....odd way. My problem is the opposite of yours. I am a 47 year old keyboardist/harper looking for world music/fusion artists and I keep getting lined up with 18 year old butt rockers or emos.

Thank the Gods Bandmix isn't in the dating business....

#8190 by gexclamationpoint
Sun May 06, 2007 6:46 pm
it wouldnt matter if they could accurately match you up anyway, because 9 out of 10 of us wouldnt be able to contact the people.

#8191 by [email protected]
Sun May 06, 2007 9:36 pm
I seem to be mached to musicians in my area but the age thing is a hit or miss. my problem is that a lot of musicians list themselves on the site but never respond to my emails. I wonder if they are actually getting them?

By the way, if you happen to be a drummer, sax man, or singer in the Northern VA area contact me at [email protected].

#8198 by BMix
Mon May 07, 2007 3:26 am
Hey guys,

We are aware the match mailers are fairly broad and related only to the musicians and bands that have signed up in your area within the last week. After we finish upgrading the bandmix servers, we are dedicating our focus to updating the match mailer and the user-matching system. You will have additional filters and options. We hope to have this available in the next couple months. Thank you all for your patience.

Best Regards,
The BandMix Team

#8199 by Tessa
Mon May 07, 2007 3:32 am
At first , it seemed a little better than now. The longer I've been with bandmix, the crazier the matches have seemed! I'm not sure they go by zip codes either cos I've gotten some out of state matches as well. I guess it depends on what you're looking to do musically cos practices could be pretty rough, long distance!

#8270 by namunger
Tue May 08, 2007 3:51 pm
My problem is that they all ARE in my zip code area! I'm more interested in recording tracks in my studio and emailing them back out from there. My "target market" is people who DON'T live near me. If they did, I'd hopefully already know them!

#8273 by mistermikev
Tue May 08, 2007 4:03 pm
namunger wrote:My problem is that they all ARE in my zip code area! I'm more interested in recording tracks in my studio and emailing them back out from there. My "target market" is people who DON'T live near me. If they did, I'd hopefully already know them!

www dot musicianscollaboration.com

irminsul: just for my own personal knowlege... what exactly is a but rocker?

#8278 by gexclamationpoint
Tue May 08, 2007 4:19 pm
MrMikeV wrote:
namunger wrote:My problem is that they all ARE in my zip code area! I'm more interested in recording tracks in my studio and emailing them back out from there. My "target market" is people who DON'T live near me. If they did, I'd hopefully already know them!

www dot musicianscollaboration.com

irminsul: just for my own personal knowlege... what exactly is a but rocker?

its me!

#8286 by mistermikev
Tue May 08, 2007 5:47 pm
ok, so how does a but rocker differ from just a rocker... I need specifics people... I'm thinking david lee roth showed his butt a lot... does he qualify? He was a sort of rocker... not in the slipnot sense but still a rocker who ran a mic stand between his legs and flashed his butt to the camera(please be to curb any desire to point out that I noticed dlr's butt)
plus - I was thinking it was a sign of me being old that I don't know what emu is (other than the sampler or the bird), so please be to describe this genre for me? anyone?

#8294 by SDavis22
Tue May 08, 2007 7:24 pm
Yeah, they should match based on age relevancy as well.

This isn't meant to be homophobic, but perhaps Queen are butt-rockers? Maybe Prince is - he did the 'assless' pants thing.

MrMikeV,
I don't know a whole lot about 'emo' but the only 'emo' I can handle is Fugazi - particularly the record 13 Songs... good stuff...

#8295 by mistermikev
Tue May 08, 2007 7:30 pm
not a huge fugazi fan, but when I was a kid they were punk rock... right up there with skatemastertate, wisconsintration camp, husker due, and a hundred others - have they developed into something else?

ok, is but rocker a joke then? or a real genre?
#8318 by Iain2037
Wed May 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Can anyone help me? i've tried to upgrade my membership and it won't let me, i've already said to the support team.

could one of you nice people who have a full membership, contact ' the clones' regarding a rhythmn guitarist and ask them to email me at [email protected]

thankyou very much.

Iain
#8319 by Iain2037
Wed May 09, 2007 1:45 pm
Can anyone help me? i've tried to upgrade my membership and it won't let me, i've already said to the support team.

could one of you nice people who have a full membership, contact ' the clones' regarding a rhythmn guitarist and ask them to email me at [email protected]

thankyou very much.

Iain