This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#76968 by johnnya
Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm
yea, it seems like russian roulette, keep pulling the trigger and bam! but its a roller coaster ride, up and down, its takes some time before anyone comes around, if i win the lotto, i will travel to jam with people around the world, but untill then, i am stuck in a local pit.

#76999 by gbheil
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:14 pm
I perfer the analogy of the hammer. It wont "work" unless your willing to pick it up and swing it.

#78382 by pjb13
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 am
Why would you need a gun on you to play bass guitar? Is it just us bassplayers you are dismissive of or all non-pedal steel playing musicians?

#78384 by neanderpaul
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:24 am
Welcome pjb13, Post some music!

#78385 by pjb13
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:50 am
Not planning to be around here too long Neanderpaul, (great name by the way :D ). To get back to the original topic I've been on here about a month. I just moved to Canterbury from London and have no network down here. My search criteria has only been 25 miles and so far I have contacted 4 or 5 potential new bands/ bandmates with very little trouble.
This is only a backup though. Mostly I have been going to the local venues and introducing myself to musicians there and again I have made a few contacts. The result is I have a week off from the day job next week to do several jams/auditions. This is all new to me as I've spent the last 35 years as a regulaly gigging semi-pro musician in London without having to use any kind of contact media other than personal networking and word of mouth recomendation.

I don't tend to hang around the chat rooms/forums too much any more partly because I have a compulsive personality and would be on here till 4am and partly because I don't hols back when someone/thing irritates me which just becomes contentious. Life's hard enough without getting into online arguments.

PS. Whats the definition of an optimist?......A pedal steel player with a paging device.

#78391 by Chippy
Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 am
Last edited by Chippy on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

#79842 by tobiastobiastobias
Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm
Hey John.

you say you have the membership where you contact people. I don't as i'm out of work.
Would it be at all possible for you to contact someone on my behalf as they didn't leave a contact address in their ad?

If you would like to do this for me that would be really cool. I know it's a bit cheeky but i will only ask this of you this one and only time.
If you would like to please mail me here...
[email protected]

I could give you the info. to help me out.

Thanks
Toby