This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#75343 by The Writer
Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 pm
So that would be with a F# and a D#. So I imagine B Major would include another inversion. What notes would be in that inversion, pray tell ratsass.

#75344 by The Writer
Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 pm
What triad notes would be in that inversion or root, pray tell ratsass?

#75370 by ratsass
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:06 pm
Well, Writer. Two notes can't make a triad. :) The third note would make the chord what it is. For example, if the next note is a B, it would be a B major chord. If it were a Bb, the chord would be D minor. Did you check out http://keychord.com/ yet? You can click on the chord key and then the variations (major, minor, etc.) and it will show you the chord on a keyboard. It's really cool and would help you immensely. Too bad it doesn't work in reverse so that you could pick the notes and it would tell the chord. I'll bet there is a site somewhere that does that though. Good luck with it.

#75372 by ratsass
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:09 pm
Aw, man, I feel foolish. I just went to the second page of the topic without reading the previous post which was mine about the B demolished. Didn't realize you were joking with me, Writer. :oops:
But, still, the answer I gave can still help. :)

#75384 by jangox
Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:11 pm
this is a fascinating thread. the majority of my original "keepers" are in D major. The keepers always wind up with that positive, uplifting sound, if a song doesn't have that i may like it and play it a year or two but i always wind up not liking it. And obviously the guitar in standard tuning is particularly well suited to D, especially if you play chords in various positions. xx0-11-10-10, (D) xx0787 (G) and xx09-10-9 (A) feel exceptionally good to hear by my ear. I agree completely that D major is the most uplifting key. G is pretty sweet too though.

#75404 by philbymon
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:12 pm
Okay, then why isn't the relative minor "uplifting" as well? Perhaps it's the nature of the minor, eh? Bm just doesn't sound "happy" to me, but it can be pretty angry, or sad...

#75436 by ZXYZ
Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:13 am
To me, minor chords are somber and serious, whereas major chords are more happy :D

#75486 by Starfish Scott
Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:31 pm
Pentatonic minor key = angry or possibly sad.
switch to a major key = relief..positive reinforcement..

Funny how Major key lends itself to good/bright/positive
and Minor key is bad/dark/negative.

#75740 by jangox
Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:18 pm
philbymon wrote:Okay, then why isn't the relative minor "uplifting" as well? Perhaps it's the nature of the minor, eh? Bm just doesn't sound "happy" to me, but it can be pretty angry, or sad...

if i play a song in D major and put a B pentatonic lead over it, it comes across really sweet if you ask me.
#79667 by Spartanite
Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:54 pm
C minor is way cooler that C major. i love minorkeys. dont you? I think folkz go to Vegas for music not gamblin.

#80554 by Shredd6
Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:27 am
Gambling prevails in these parts.