This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#75971 by Hayden King
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 am
ColorsFade wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Colors, I appreciate your position but your logic is flawed.

It's not my logic. That's the point.

What I was trying to say was - the whole point of a "gateway" drug is kind of silly.

And it doesn't really matter if it's illegal or not, that's irrelevant. It either inhibits your behavior or it doesn't. Alcohol is not different than pot. One is illegal, one is not, but they're essentially the same thing.

People that will get high, will... people that won't, won't!
There is no such thing as a "gateway drug" and if there is it's coffee!

If all drug's were legalized, the same people that do them now, would do them then. The local priest isn't going to get high just because it's legal. In all countries where all drug's have been decriminalized, drug use immediately decreased!!!
ALL COUNTRIES!!!
Spin that!

http://c1.ezfolk.com/bands/6039/index.php
www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
twitter.com@HaydenKing
Facebook group/Hayden King

"It is what it is"

#75972 by gbheil
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:28 am
Drugs = legal
Narcotics = illegal

LOL

#75973 by Dave Couture
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:28 am
Hayden King wrote:People that will get high, will... people that won't, won't! There is no such thing as a "gateway drug" and if there is it's coffee!

If all drug's were legalized, the same people that do them now, would do them then. The local priest isn't going to get high just because it's legal. In all countries where all drug's have been decriminalized, drug use immediately decreased!!!
ALL COUNTRIES!!!
Spin that!

Give the man a cigar !!! :wink:

#75991 by fisherman bob
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:42 am
Dave Couture wrote:
Hayden King wrote:People that will get high, will... people that won't, won't! There is no such thing as a "gateway drug" and if there is it's coffee!

ALL COUNTRIES!!!
Spin that!

Imagine that! Now didn't I say it wouldn't be a big deal for a teenager to sneak a drink. Didn't I say it wouldn't be a thrill for a teenager to smoke pot. LIFE is a gateway drug. We are IMMEDIATELY exposed to myriad dangerous substances upon taking our first breaths of life. Those MILLIONS of people who eat too much sugar, too much red meat, smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, etc. etc. are not subject to IMPRISONMENT for merely participating in UNHEALTHY practices. Why on earth do we IMPRISON people who use various drugs and do no harm to others? It's B.S. that any substance should be considered a "gateway" drug. Pot isn't illegal for this. It's illegal because you can burn the hemp plant at high temperatures and heat your house. It's illegal because it has numerous medicinal properties. It is illegal because you can make clothing from the hemp plant. It is illegal for many other reasons that many industries fear they would lose money were pot made legal. It's INSANE to consider the far more dangerous alcohol abuse is legal and pot is illegal. Has NOTHING to do with "gateway" anything. It's all about money. Who stands to lose money were pot made legal? The curious events that are happening in California ONLY because they have finally figured out the GIGANTIC AMOUNT OF MONEY THE STATE WILL SAVE LEGALIZING POT. ARGUING PRO OR CON ANY DRUG BASED ON MORALITY IS FUC*KING INSANITY. The "war" on drugs is a joke. I can go out right now and within a few minutes find almost any drug I want to try. In Communist China Mao Tse-Tung's immediately killed all drug addicts and anybody in prison on drug charges. There were hundreds of thousands of immediate executions upon him taking power then he issued a proclamation "Anybody using drugs will be shot>" There was an immediate cessation of drug use in China. Do you want to live in a country like that? I don't. Nor do I want to live in a country where millions of drug users are in prison, where there are many areas of our country not safe due to illegal drug activity and gang wars. The way to win the drug war is LEGALIZATION. It will drastically reduce usage (REMEMBER HAYDEN'S QUOTE, IT'S TRUE), it will DRASTICALLY increase tax revenue (in the BILLIONS of dollars). It will put dangerous drug cartels OUT OF BUSINESS IMMEDIATELY. This argument really gets my dander up (can you tell?). This merely represents yet another situation where men in fancy suits have us all by the balls. Those men in fancy suits represent all the companies who make it their business to keep pot illegal. Kind of makes me want to puke....

#75998 by Hayden King
Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:28 am
philbymon wrote:Oh great - you ppl all missed the most important fact of the article - THEY ARE TAXING MEDICINE!

Bastards! How DARE they! I find it completely immoral to tax ANY drug you have a prescription for. If you have a 'scrp', you NEED this stuff.

In WV, they tax clothes, food & gasoline. WRONG! Now these assholes are gonna tax your medicines, too?

This only further proves my points that our fair gov'ts, both fed & local, are overstepping their bounds in ways that need some SERIOUS adjusting!

you tell em Philby!!!
WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#75999 by Hayden King
Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:32 am
fisherman bob wrote:
Dave Couture wrote:

ALL COUNTRIES!!!
Spin that!

Imagine that! Now didn't I say it wouldn't be a big deal for a teenager to sneak a drink. Didn't I say it wouldn't be a thrill for a teenager to smoke pot. LIFE is a gateway drug. We are IMMEDIATELY exposed to myriad dangerous substances upon taking our first breaths of life. Those MILLIONS of people who eat too much sugar, too much red meat, smoke tobacco, drink alcohol, etc. etc. are not subject to IMPRISONMENT for merely participating in UNHEALTHY practices. Why on earth do we IMPRISON people who use various drugs and do no harm to others? It's B.S. that any substance should be considered a "gateway" drug. Pot isn't illegal for this. It's illegal because you can burn the hemp plant at high temperatures and heat your house. It's illegal because it has numerous medicinal properties. It is illegal because you can make clothing from the hemp plant. It is illegal for many other reasons that many industries fear they would lose money were pot made legal. It's INSANE to consider the far more dangerous alcohol abuse is legal and pot is illegal. Has NOTHING to do with "gateway" anything. It's all about money. Who stands to lose money were pot made legal? The curious events that are happening in California ONLY because they have finally figured out the GIGANTIC AMOUNT OF MONEY THE STATE WILL SAVE LEGALIZING POT. ARGUING PRO OR CON ANY DRUG BASED ON MORALITY IS FUC*KING INSANITY. The "war" on drugs is a joke. I can go out right now and within a few minutes find almost any drug I want to try. In Communist China Mao Tse-Tung's immediately killed all drug addicts and anybody in prison on drug charges. There were hundreds of thousands of immediate executions upon him taking power then he issued a proclamation "Anybody using drugs will be shot>" There was an immediate cessation of drug use in China. Do you want to live in a country like that? I don't. Nor do I want to live in a country where millions of drug users are in prison, where there are many areas of our country not safe due to illegal drug activity and gang wars. The way to win the drug war is LEGALIZATION. It will drastically reduce usage (REMEMBER HAYDEN'S QUOTE, IT'S TRUE), it will DRASTICALLY increase tax revenue (in the BILLIONS of dollars). It will put dangerous drug cartels OUT OF BUSINESS IMMEDIATELY. This argument really gets my dander up (can you tell?). This merely represents yet another situation where men in fancy suits have us all by the balls. Those men in fancy suits represent all the companies who make it their business to keep pot illegal. Kind of makes me want to puke....

I have to pass my cigar on to Bob!

#76044 by jangox
Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:02 pm
mistermikev wrote:
jangox wrote:
mistermikev wrote:then the price will eventually meet what is sells for on the street now due to gigantic lawsuits re 'I didn't know it would give me cancer'.

Actually, recent studies have shown that pot may actually prevent cancer. Heavy pot smokers, even those who also smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, have lower incidences of lung cancer than people who smoke nothing at all. This is because THC apparently kills precancerous cells.

This story was on CNN a couple months back.

first off this is not 'evidence', this was a study. There is no scientific evidence mentioned here, no scientific link found... just conjecture based on a seemingly causal relationship.

Regardless of whether this particular claim is ever substantiated... there is a mountain of scientific evidence -that is real proof that smoking pot is terrible for you lungs, hearts, stomach etc.

Ultimately these health risks will lead to deaths which will lead to lawsuits which will lead to an equivalent to the $7 pack of cigarettes. (isn't that what they are up to? it's a good model)

Appropriate studies produce evidence acceptable to the scientific community. The researchers were actually looking for proof that marijuana causes cancer and they found the opposite to be the case. You sound as though you would be happy to include it in your suggested "mountain of evidence," if the study had actually proven the stated goal--the finding of proof that marijuana causes cancer. That "mountain of evidence" you mention was largely compiled by the same method--studies--that you have also claimed are invalid because they are not proof, and a study must then be "substantiated," whatever that is.

Yes there have been studies showing how bad the tars and some of the smoke particles are on your lungs. Perhaps pot leads to emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and other lung illnesses, but NOT CANCER because THC is a compound that attacks precancerous cells. According to the study.

As far as the lawsuits, (i can say this with some authority since i am a paralegal) all the necessary legal aparatus is in place, if your theory is correct, why aren't the families of these dead potheads suing the drug dealers NOW? The fact that it's illegal is not a bar to prosecuting such a lawsuit. The reason is no-one can prove that marijuana kills.

It's the safest drug that man has ever ingested.

#76053 by Sir Jamsalot
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:14 pm
Dave Couture wrote:Have you heard about the e-cigarettes? This is what happen when Tobacco Companies play with technology....the outcomes are hilariously stupid, if you ask me!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/22/ecigarettes.fda/index.html

lol. wow, classic.

#76070 by PocketGroovesGSO
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:32 pm
Dave Couture wrote:Have you heard about the e-cigarettes? This is what happen when Tobacco Companies play with technology....the outcomes are hilariously stupid, if you ask me!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/22/ecigarettes.fda/index.html

That is one of the most innovative things I have seen. Stupid, yes... but innovative.

#76075 by Dave Couture
Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:51 pm
I know, I was going to add in my post that it was clever, but stupid...haha!

#76100 by 1collaborator
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:57 pm
lets burn one and jam a while . Who gives a crap if its legal or not. I dont.

And its another day in Paradise !!!

#76102 by gbheil
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:06 pm
Life is a gateway drug.

That Bob is brilliant!!! I love that Bob!!!

Life is also the ultimate drug.

We detract so much from what our minds bodies and spirits can do by injesting said drugs.

Man just get high on life for a while, you'll be an addict.

I promise!!!

#76110 by ColorsFade
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:22 am
sanshouheil wrote:Life is a gateway drug.

That Bob is brilliant!!! I love that Bob!!!

Life is also the ultimate drug.

I've often thought of writing a short story about this idea... That the life we're experiencing right now is actually the effect of a drug, or a carnival ride, or a game. Like we have this other life somewhere and we're totally different creatures - totally different beings - and we stop by this place where they do this thing - they offer us a drug.

And the guy says, "So, you want to be a human this time around? Which century? I've got some great late-twentieth century ganja over here man. I can't promise anything - you might die as a child from leukemia or be born a Downs Syndrome kid, but you might also end up a really wealthy and popular artist. It's wide open man. Wanna try? It will kill your afternoon though. I mean, if you smoke this and get a full life out of it - like 90 years or so - you probably won't come out of it until around 8:00 PM this evening. Whaddya think? Want to give it a shot?"