This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#74298 by ColorsFade
Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:02 pm
ratsass wrote:
ColorsFade wrote:we want a bass player for bass, not a keyboard player faking it

Yeah, look how bad the Doors sucked. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly. I hate The Doors.

#74353 by jw123
Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:58 pm
Ive always wanted to play in a bass less situation myself. I think the right keys could cover bass and bring a whole other element into play.

Not saying its something your band should do, but I always thought it would be interesting for different sonic textures.

#74368 by AirViking
Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:53 pm
um hello, what keys can do what I do? hahaha
each instrument brings its own element to the table.
no other instrument can replace another.
listen to a keyboard imitating folk instruments for God's sake.

#74371 by jw123
Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:58 pm
Im sorry Air but there used to be a guy on Beale Street who played one of those strap on keyboards. From a distance and with your eyes closed he sounded just like a bass.

Our bassist has a recording setup in his garage, pro tools and all that. We set up a midi map of notes and then put in the bass tones on top of that once. You wouldnt know the difference between that and a live bassist. I found this out cause I heard what he had done and said man thats great bass tone. He started laughing and showed me how he built it. It was a completely manufactured bass line. No real bass in it.

Dont close your mind to doing things outside the box.

#74389 by AirViking
Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:46 pm
jw123 wrote:Im sorry Air but there used to be a guy on Beale Street who played one of those strap on keyboards. From a distance and with your eyes closed he sounded just like a bass.

Our bassist has a recording setup in his garage, pro tools and all that. We set up a midi map of notes and then put in the bass tones on top of that once. You wouldnt know the difference between that and a live bassist. I found this out cause I heard what he had done and said man thats great bass tone. He started laughing and showed me how he built it. It was a completely manufactured bass line. No real bass in it.

Dont close your mind to doing things outside the box.

True, thats how one of my favorite instruments was made, the chapman stick.

#74392 by Grant Daniels
Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm
whish i made the money the Doors did! cheers!