This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#70699 by 4perkussion
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:50 pm
I would look on www.amazon.com , but it may cost a little less, if you buy it from the publisher. It is only about 14 bucks there. You have to pay shipping, but you would have to from Amazon too.
#70700 by 4perkussion
Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:20 pm
I heard old drummers tell about when they were young, they would play along with recorded music at strip joints and accent the dancer's gyrations with percussive sounds while playing along with the tune.

I worked with a bass player, who recently passed away (may he rest in peace), who told me about playing at strip joints with an entire band. He said that since he was African American, they made him stand with his back to the stage where the dancer was, so he would not be able to look at naked white women while he was playing. It is a sad note on our history, but spoken from someone who had been there and done that.
#70705 by Chippy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:13 pm
Eek.
Let's hope those times never, ever return. No human being should be treated in this way.

Chippy

4perkussion wrote:I worked with a bass player, who recently passed away (may he rest in peace), who told me about playing at strip joints with an entire band. He said that since he was African American, they made him stand with his back to the stage where the dancer was, so he would not be able to look at naked white women while he was playing. It is a sad note on our history, but spoken from someone who had been there and done that.