This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#70681 by PTRBand
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:32 pm
I noticed so many empty profiles in my search for a drummer of skill, I figured, hey why not post something in here, maybe I will get a better response. Honestly, when I look at a profile, and there is NO SOUND to back up all the commentary or claims of an artist of any form, I am not going to be in the profile more than a minute. I moved here from California, to Chicago, and have all but a drummer, and some of these profiles, have no information at all, let alone something to hear of the skills professed.
Where am I to find a drummer? It seems to me, if you have all this tour experience, or you are a Clinic drummer, or recording professional of any kind, you have some sound or another to post. I look forward to hearing more of whats out there, Lord knows I have the time.

#70686 by ratsass
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:52 pm
Smooth guitar playing, man. Almost some Vai/Satriani tones in there. Welcome to bandmix. Hope it helps you find a drummer (loved that "Your name here - drummer" in your members area :) ).

#70687 by philbymon
Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:53 pm
Empty profiles do suck. You're quite right.

Hey, EF...um...I'm having a hard time playing your tunes, man. I was looking forward to hearing them, too. Didja upload them in MP3 format? I'm not hearing anything when I click on 'em.

This might be due to cloud cover, as I use a sat dish for my ISP, but I was just listening to others & it worked.

Good luck in your drummer search & welcome to the forum.
#70688 by PTRBand
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:01 pm
I hear them on any of the three machines here, and Ratsass just listened . . so I dunno, maybe the cloud cover, but even that would pass in time yeah?

#70689 by Chippy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:04 pm
Hi endfusion.
Sorry mate same here. I see the volume bar go up and down but hear nothing. Perhaps you ought to write to support and see if they can help you?

Welcome
#70690 by PTRBand
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:06 pm
The comments on the sounds, thank you, I did listen to those influences a whole lot hahaha

yeah Chip ill look into it further
Last edited by PTRBand on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#70693 by Chippy
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:10 pm
Cancel that I can hear it. I forgot to switch cables over many apologies.
Yup nice playing Dude.
#70694 by PTRBand
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:11 pm
I perform live everyday on my pc to chats, so I do that frequently as well hahaha

the bass is hot a bit in the second one, but those are live recordings from the basement lol

#70702 by RhythmMan
Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:37 pm
Oh - oh. I just deleted all the songs I had posted.
Does that mean that I am no longer a legitmate musician?
:)

#70715 by philbymon
Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:23 pm
ef, I like your stuff. Good tones. Good tunes.

Musta been the cloud cover.

#70722 by gbheil
Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:53 pm
Welcome EF: It takes some time and a lot of searches to get the right people. Good luck.

Yes RM, your now a wannabe LOL.

#71059 by mmmmmmmmmmmm
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:38 pm
I loved the track Hallucination, Very dark and mellon collie, and yes it did remind me of Joe a bit. Thanks

#71060 by Chippy
Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:47 pm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I noticed Clinical drummer or something in that frame? Anyway. I do know what you mean but if you tone down that bit and advertise for someone who can keep time it might go a long way to solving your woes.

Clinical can mean anything from how you brush your teeth to how clean your car is (Have you looked?) :D (Joking).

"Drummer of Skill" is also a vacant term to my way of thinking. There are levels. If you are looking for someone as good as Louie Belson/Palmer/Collins/Thompson/Copeland you might do well to address the post to a particular type of style too. Drummers are human after all and also know what their style of play is.

Sometimes drummers are forgotten in the musician world. They are an odd type and often cookey but they still know where both their skill and enterprise lies.

Hope this helps in your search, best of luck.

Chippy.

#71697 by Paleopete
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:04 pm
LOL...Rhythm Man's a WANNABE...HAHAHAHA

I love it... :D

yeah right...one of the best players on here a wannabe...that's like calling JW or Shredd a wannabe...(just so you'll know this was all in good fun RM...)

#71822 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:24 pm
yeah Chippy is right.. Nothing worse than an eager drummer that overplays.

(Next thing you know, I think I can hear the ringing of a digital phone because of the cymbal is going too hard.)

Then you look around to see if anyone is going to answer it.. lol