This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#69438 by CotyAE
Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:26 am
Hey musicians, I hope to join your ranks soon. (None of my friends are into music, it blows pretty bad.) Anyways I'm a vocalist who is up to singing just about anything (except for growls, I can't do that very well, it makes me laugh when I try cause it sounds so ridiculous with my voice.). I also don't do screamo, just not my cup of tea (if you're going to sing a love song you gotta do it right, screamo just doesn't make sense to me unless it's an angry song.). I prefer the type of music where you can actually hear and understand the lyrics.

Anyways, I'm turning 21 this year and decided that I have to stop waiting on a lucky break and just go out and get it. Anyways, hope to see some of you guys from center stage some day. :wink: Hope people don't mind an Asian front man, haha.

#69440 by Chippy
Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:28 am
Hey CotyAE.

Welcome!

#69449 by philbymon
Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:55 pm
Gee, I was just saying that I need an Asian front man the other day. I wanna hear him sing "Shwee Home Arabama!"

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search. Happy b'day & stuff.

Many of us in the forum prefer understandable lyrics.

#69451 by J-HALEY
Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 pm
Arnell Pineda the new singer for Jouney is asian and doing very well.

#69452 by Starfish Scott
Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:16 pm
Journey?

I thought they died in a plane crash? lol

#69472 by ratsass
Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:18 pm
Welcome to the mix.

#69502 by CotyAE
Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:55 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Arnell Pineda the new singer for Jouney is asian and doing very well.
Yeah I know, haha, he has pretty crazy range and sounds almost just like Steve Perry did the only difference I can really hear is a slight accent and Pineda can't sing quite as high (but he can still get his voice up there).

And nice to meet everyone else, I don't have an accent fyi, I was born here, lol.

#69515 by philbymon
Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 pm
Dammit! I was hopin' for sumpin like;

"I wanna wok & woe ah not
An potty evvewy day"

or

"I know it's onry wok an woe but I wack it"

heh heh heh

I wuv axe-sayents!

#69530 by 1collaborator
Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:55 am
wok and woe !!!! 8)

Its another day in Paradise !!!

#69689 by fisherman bob
Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:53 am
"I prefer the type of music where you can actually hear and understand the lyrics." As a singer don't ever forget this quote. And if you get into a band that's too loud and you CAN'T understand the lyrics, tell them to turn down or you"re leaving NOW. Otherwise why bother even singing in the first place. Welcome to Bandmix my fellow vocalist...

#69691 by ghost 62
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am
philbymon wrote:Gee, I was just saying that I need an Asian front man the other day. I wanna hear him sing "Shwee Home Arabama!"

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your search. Happy b'day & stuff.

Many of us in the forum prefer understandable lyrics.
that made me laugh ,I was on a cruise about a yr ago and I went to check out some of the bands on the ship ,as I was coming down the hall I could hear this band playing sweet home alabama,the music was sounding great but there was something strange about the vocals,when I went in the club it was a phillipino band ,they were very good but it sounded just like that when he sang sveet home alabamy later in the cruise they let me sit in on a song with them as I had took my guitar on board with me :)

#69748 by EasyKill
Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:02 pm
Hey CotyAE,

Welcome to BM. Hope you find what you're looking for :)

#69751 by CotyAE
Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:18 pm
Whoa, thanks for all of the replies peeps. I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for on here. If not, there's always Craigslist, haha. But yeah, I'll probably be putting some vocal covers up for critiquing so that I can get better (seeing as I have no professional vocal training). I'm also not yet set on what type of music I want to be a part of yet, way too many genres/ styles that I love.

#69837 by Starfish Scott
Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:29 pm
That shouldn't stop you.. lol

(lord knows it hasn't stopped anyone else)

#69865 by MadmX
Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm
Welcome!!