This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#48697 by Malli
Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:09 am
Guitar Wireless systems?? Which ones are good?Anyone use them? INputs please. I have no idea about them. Need to pick up a good one.

#48746 by gbheil
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:54 pm
Before we can help you we need to know what you will be doing with it / them. Just you around the house? Full and wireless?
I utilise the SAMSON AF1 with Excellent results. Though I am the only wireless in the band.
More info about your need / expectations please.

#48829 by Malli
Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:54 am
Well, I will need it for shows. Pretty decent size stages. From my guitar to my pedal set up, just so i can move around alot more. And i had a bad experience with cables. so yea.

#48856 by repressthecadence
Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:09 pm
Well, if you care about your sound a lot, I wouldn't recommend using wireless. On stage, it's just a matter of practicing stage presence with the cable.

#48870 by gbheil
Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:27 pm
In my experience a properly adjusted amp deminishes any effect on the tone of my guitar through wireless to the insignificant. IMO
The ability to move freely and play from the audience point of veiw makes soundcheck a simple affair.
I have had no problems with the Samson unit I use.
I suspect as long as I start each gig with fresh batteries. I wont.

#48881 by repressthecadence
Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:09 pm
Matter of preference, I guess, but electrical signal is lost to a greater degree from wireless systems, right? I'm not keen on how they work, but I've heard live engineers harp on not using them (The bassist in one of my old bands used wireless, though I can't remember the brand).

#48916 by J-HALEY
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:18 am
I personally don't like them, I prefer a raw amp sound untill I want otherwise . I have used all of them, they compress your sound and if you are not use to that, it can sound very weird.

#48930 by jw123
Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:44 pm
I use an X-4 system I think that Line 6 makes it.

I bought it from guitar center. It has given me problems but I just take it back and they give me another one no questions asked. The cool thing is that is is a small profile and you can put batteries in both units.

I liked the old analog units, Nadys. In an analog unit the signal may get weaker but it doesnt die on you whereas the newer digital units either work or they totally cut out on you.

Our bassist has one of those setups with the little plug that sits flush on your guitar and has had great results with it. My problem was that I go between a Strat and a Les Paul and I would need two of the plugs for my setup. I love a wireless system, I move around a lot and cords just get in the way. For recording purposes I always use the straightest line to my amp. If Im using one effect pedal thats all I hook up instead of going thru my board. Live Im not as critical of my tone as I used to be.

#52541 by sillyscreenname
Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:23 pm
don't buy a cheap one, it delays the sound and alters the tone, reduces your 5k setup to a $199 sound

#52646 by jw123
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 pm
My wireless is an X-2, I dont know where I got X-4 from but its actually an X-2 which I think is made by Line 6.

It works good enough for me, it mit not work for true tone junkies, but hell its close enough for rock n roll. Im sure my drinking on a typical sat night does more damge to my tone than any wireless ever would.

#69672 by Sal_Lead
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:00 am
jw123 wrote:My wireless is an X-2, I dont know where I got X-4 from but its actually an X-2 which I think is made by Line 6.

It works good enough for me, it mit not work for true tone junkies, but hell its close enough for rock n roll. Im sure my drinking on a typical sat night does more damge to my tone than any wireless ever would.

I'm using the X2 also and love it.
Did have to take it back to Music 6000 cuz it just started shutting itself off (transmitter)....I walked in..they handed me a box with an entire new unit in it...and off I went.

I tested this thing once by heading out the door and down the driveway with it...through the walls.....got almost 200 feet away before the signal started degrading.

#69919 by bigmacbassman
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:33 am
For my bass rig, I use the AKG Wireless Bug when I want to move around alot, if the stage lets me do so. I don't use it all the time, but when I do I also make sure that there's a new battery because towards the end, I usually get a slight crackle when the battery is going. I've had no other problems with it and enjoy the freedom on stage. It costs about $250-300 depending on where you go.