This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#69513 by ghost 62
Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:42 pm
we are currently adding some new songs ( new to us ) to our song list, fine again,gel and a kid rock tune what new songs are u doing ?

#69514 by Crip2Nite
Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 pm
"Show Me How To Live"- AudioSlave

"Slither" - Velvet Revolver

"ShyBoy" - Vai

"Know Your Enemy" - Rage Against The Machine

"Hot For Teacher" - Van halen

Got the first 4 note for note and presently perfecting the Halen tune :D

#69523 by Black57
Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:14 am
I am writing out note by note my arrangement for a piece called "Coffee Break". I am making an arrangement for flute choir.I have to write it out neatly so that the musicians can read it. :roll: No, I don't have FInale or Cakewalk or nuttin' like that. But I do have neat handwriting :? I am also writing an arrangement for an original composition that is to be partnered with Dona Nobis Pacem called "Blessed are the Peacemakers". I do hope to make a CD. Hopefully, I'll have all the music together within my liftime.

I am also going through the thought processes of arranging a composition that was written during Bach's era but it has some very contemporary chord structures and progressions that could very well sustain an electric guitar. Weel, that's it for now.

#69529 by RGMixProject
Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 am
Working on a techo orgional called, Will The Heavens Stop The Regine.
I need a kick a@@ guitar on it because I not a really big fan of all techno.


Chorus
(As with the young and older
Life is full of change
As time passes by you
Will the heavens stop the Regine)

When we were all younger
We were told no what to say
Now we are much older
Take off the mask and keep walkin' away

Your looking over you shoulder
You keep on walking away
Her majesty gotten bolder
Burn down the house and make them pay

Chorus

The stench you leave behind you
The pool of blood is here to stay
With the filth and all the sorrow
Who makes your bed, christ take them away.

Ect......still working on the rest....yep need a guitar

#69542 by gbheil
Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 am
Tony came to me with a few lyrics and a song in his head about two weeks ago. We nailed it together tonight, spent the whole rehearsal working on it kinda spontainiosly like. I love practice sessions like that. :D
Needs some spit n polish. As soon as we have a recording I'll post her up for you guys. 8)

#69562 by jw123
Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:48 am
Crip we started doing Show Me How To Live recently.

What are you using effects wise during the solo?

Ive been using a delay and kinda tremelo picking the notes and it sounds ok but I know Im not nailing that sound. A buddy of mine uses a rotovibe pedal, but Im not wanting to buy a pedal for just one song.

#69583 by Starfish Scott
Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:51 pm
Regular practice of the 20 some usual tunes, cause you know I tend to blank at times. lol

Opium
Tomorrow Never knows
Love You To
Ain't No Telling
Farewell Ride

#69586 by Crip2Nite
Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:10 pm
jw123 wrote:Crip we started doing Show Me How To Live recently.

What are you using effects wise during the solo?

Ive been using a delay and kinda tremelo picking the notes and it sounds ok but I know Im not nailing that sound. A buddy of mine uses a rotovibe pedal, but Im not wanting to buy a pedal for just one song.



Haha that's exactly what I'm doing but I gotta tell you... that freakin' solo is soo lame... I love the rest of the song and that it's in drop D along with Slither... but I'm embellishing the solo a little more.. I just can't sit there and trill on open E at a live gig!

#69590 by jsantos
Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:45 pm
Crip2Nite wrote:
jw123 wrote:Crip we started doing Show Me How To Live recently.

What are you using effects wise during the solo?

Ive been using a delay and kinda tremelo picking the notes and it sounds ok but I know Im not nailing that sound. A buddy of mine uses a rotovibe pedal, but Im not wanting to buy a pedal for just one song.



Haha that's exactly what I'm doing but I gotta tell you... that freakin' solo is soo lame... I love the rest of the song and that it's in drop D along with Slither... but I'm embellishing the solo a little more.. I just can't sit there and trill on open E at a live gig!


heheh I know what you mean about the lame solo. I heard a leaked demo for that song where the solo is completely different where Morello shreds.

I can play that Audioslave drop D riff all day.

I usually go straight to "Outshined" after that song.
#69597 by ColorsFade
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
ghost 62 wrote:we are currently adding some new songs ( new to us ) to our song list, fine again,gel and a kid rock tune what new songs are u doing ?


Just learned a few songs last night:

"Down" - SocialBurn (fun, easy)
"My Own Worst Enemy" - Lit (fun, easy)
"Stay With You" - Goo Goo Dolls (easy)
"Man in the Box" - Alice in Chains (learned the outline last night, still have 80% of the solo to go, but it was a quick pass; solo by next week).

Slither is a cool song. Fun riff. Learned that one, but the band never elected to use it, so I haven't played it in a long time.

#69600 by jw123
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Yea Crip, weve played SHow Me How To live a coupld of times live and Im just sitting there going when is this little solo going to be over. Funny whatever Im doing some folks that heard it one night said thats the best solo youve ever done! Wow I must really suck.

Ive got a delay going when I play it and at the end I slide up and play a little arpeggio at the end and let it ring. On ther record it sounds like a popcorn popper. I was just curious what you were doing with it.

I really hate to turn it into a shredd solo, cause I do those all night anyway. I was just trying to do something to keeep me amused and the song kinda textured as it is.

The main riff is killer, it just sounds so heavy. Ive gotten to where I like RATM more and more over the last few monthes. This is the first Audislave, wait a minute we were playing Cochise last year, I forgot about that. We move songs in and out of our list so quick that I just forget about them. Cochise reminded me of Toys In The Attic which we also do sometimes.
#69601 by jw123
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:44 pm
ColorsFade wrote:
ghost 62 wrote:we are currently adding some new songs ( new to us ) to our song list, fine again,gel and a kid rock tune what new songs are u doing ?


Just learned a few songs last night:

"Down" - SocialBurn (fun, easy)
"My Own Worst Enemy" - Lit (fun, easy)
"Stay With You" - Goo Goo Dolls (easy)
"Man in the Box" - Alice in Chains (learned the outline last night, still have 80% of the solo to go, but it was a quick pass; solo by next week).

Slither is a cool song. Fun riff. Learned that one, but the band never elected to use it, so I haven't played it in a long time.


Slither is a great live song,

Man In The BOx gets em up and dancing their asses off whenever we play it, I heard it the other day on the radio and Im not even close to that solo. It was so basic, I just let it rip on that one.
#69604 by jsantos
Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:23 pm
ColorsFade wrote:
Just learned a few songs last night:


"Man in the Box" - Alice in Chains (learned the outline last night, still have 80% of the solo to go, but it was a quick pass; solo by next week).


^^^ Eb. I miss that solo, I promised never to use the Wah pedal again. lol


Here is my current shred list to learn:

1) Pull Me Under - Dream Theater
2) Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
3) Black Star - Yngwie Malmsteen
4) Scarified - Paul Gilbert
5) Temple of the Absurd - Jason Becker
6) For the Love of God - Steve Vai
7) Waves - Guthrie Govan

#69610 by ghost 62
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:58 pm
sounds like everyones been busy and some rockin songs too might I add ,that you all are workin on 8)

#69687 by neanderpaul
Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:43 am
Working up
Dizzy miss Lizzy - Beatles Version
6th avenue heartache - wallflowers
Colours - Donovan
and MAYBE the Harlem Globetrotters theme A Capella

All one man band live looping

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests