This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#67978 by EuphonyProductions
Wed May 20, 2009 11:06 am
Crip2Nite

How this spun off into this and big boobies comments I don't know. It is funny as hell though and I like them too and a little baby got back but i think that is getting off topic.

As far as I am concerned there are two ways to pick and play music for the crowd your customers and for yourself. Now the reason to pick one or the other is simple. If you want to make a lot of money play what the crowd wants to hear and not just the male part make them all happy. If you are not real concerned about the cash part and are independently wealthy then play for yourself then. I have always been able to find a way to make both sides happy by picking stuff we like that fits the mold of what the crowd wants to hear. If you do that and slip a few originals in there they are much more respective. By the way I have broken down after countless attacks from my singer and agreed to play out again Now I may be looking for a new wife after this as my old one will never see me and might get a little upset about that part. Ah the sacrifices we make for music.

Long Live Rock Be Dead or Alive!

Dave

http://euphonyproductions.com/10-tips-t ... st-make-it

http://euphonyproductions.com/one-mans- ... al-destiny

http://euphonyproductions.com/playing-w ... -shredding

#67981 by gbheil
Wed May 20, 2009 12:54 pm
Yes we are all God's children.
And he made us different for a reason.
It is in those differences that lay our true strength and beauty as a species.
VIV La' DEFERANCE!!

#67985 by jimmydanger
Wed May 20, 2009 1:50 pm
I think most of us already know most women's perspective; they want to hear music that has a good beat, is not too loud or challenging and makes them want to dance. As far as women musicians, I don't think their point of view is much different then us guys.

As I mentioned earlier, my friends Fifty Amp Fuse play ONLY songs that chicks like to dance to. Their philosophy is, if the women come, the men won't be far behind. They're doing something right; they make $1000 a night and are booked solid for the next year. www.fiftyampfuse.com

#67988 by jw123
Wed May 20, 2009 2:06 pm
I like women, big boobies or not

Jimmy Ive been trying to convince my bandmates to play music for women to dance to for years, like you said get the women and you will get the men.

#68007 by philbymon
Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 pm
12 year old girls won't get the stuff that I do. They haven't the life experiences necessary to appreciate it. That doesn't bother me in the least.

In fact, I doubt very much that many of us here in the forums will appeal to this demographic, be they male or female. We are just too mature, & most of us are either playing in bars or in churches. Not exactly the places where these girls go for music that gets their collective interest (with the possible exception of those hunky Christian rockers).

That being said, I really think your point is kinda absurd. It just bugs the hell out of me when ppl talk about specific types of ppl & their relation to anything, esp music. Your original post mentioned the "woman's perspective," NOT 12 yr old girls, in the 1st place. She is a musician, & not just someone off the street. Why point out the fact that she's female at all? Why not just say it's "another perspective," if it's so different from the rest of us?

It's tantamount to looking for a "lumberjack's perspective," or a surfer's, or a pre-adolescent's. Is it relevant to what we do? Probably not, though I'm sure it's very interesting to a psychologist somewhere out there.

I don't hate women, but I'll never understand them, & have found, in my 54+ years of existence, that it's pointless to try. I've learned to value those rare moments when we see things alike, & accept when we don't without ill feelings.

Their views on the things I think & do have very little effect on me, however, unless I find that I must admit that they're right (which is pretty rare, btw).

#68021 by gbheil
Wed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm
LOL, I think all Christian rockers should be as ugly as me.
Perhaps then those girls would actually hear the lyrics. :lol:

#68026 by Black57
Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 pm
Hey yeah man, but what about my wnats? What about my needs? :P
When I am a musician, I feel that I get in touch with my masculine side. I have always been able to play with the boys when it comes to music. No matter how political, or how sexist, or racist ( I prefer horse racing myself ), or how diverse blah, blah, blah...you have not entered the world of "cool" if you have not entered the world of music. 8)

#68028 by Black57
Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 pm
jw123 wrote:I like women, big boobies or not

Jimmy Ive been trying to convince my bandmates to play music for women to dance to for years, like you said get the women and you will get the men.

That's right. I bet those men will all of a sudden begin paying more attention their significant others. Think of all the marriages you'll be saving.

#68032 by EuphonyProductions
Wed May 20, 2009 6:35 pm
philbymon

I agree that music is not a male thing or female thing but know that what the others are saying is that get woman there and men will follow the other way around is not the same most of the time. I was trying to say I had a new writer and that she was a woman and that will matter to some people especially other woman. Now clearly most here are men and that is OK.

I added the 12 year old girls buying most music today comment as an after thought as whether you like it or not the younger generation are the ones really buying music and your right they don't relate easily to 40 plus year old men or woman's music and it is not because of maturity it is because what is hot now we don't get or write as we were brought up in a different time. I don't like what they are listening to for the most part as our parents did not like what we were listening to when we were 12 either.

Just the way things are not right, not wrong just how it is. To say it is absurd is to ignore popular music that is selling and demographics as a marketing tool. I picked the wrong medium to tell that I had a woman writer but if it were a medium with 90% female readers the result would have been different. Everything is subjective in marketing and not all of it works and that is cool.

Talk to any record executive and they will tell you they are looking for what is hot and what sells and 99% of the time that is not us. Does not mean we cannot appeal to the 12 year old scene if we take the time to relate to what they like and write in that style. It does not mean our music is not good if they don't relate it is what it is.

It is all up to opinion either way and not everyone will agree which is cool with me.

#68034 by gbheil
Wed May 20, 2009 6:44 pm
Caught mom n dad rockin rollin on the couch, got my KISS records out!

You are so right Dave. My folks support me (well mom does anyway) but they still dont understand. 8)

I know you mean well. Sorry to poke fun at your thread.

#68043 by jimmydanger
Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm
Actually the lyric is:

Then I woke up, Mom and Dad
Are rolling on the couch
Rolling numbers, rock and rolling
Got my Kiss records out

Of course the image of your mom and dad smoking doobies and listening to Kiss may be a bit much for some people...

#68086 by HowlinJ
Thu May 21, 2009 1:50 am
My latest musical love is K.D. Lang. How does she fit into this conversation? (In case you don't know, she likes wimins as much as me)

#68087 by EuphonyProductions
Thu May 21, 2009 2:07 am
Cheap Trick references I LOVE Cheap trick.

Thanks much for checking the post out.

Dave

#68088 by Chippy
Thu May 21, 2009 2:14 am
I love your posts.
They make my day.

Can I go to bed now? :cry:

EuphonyProductions wrote:Cheap Trick references I LOVE Cheap trick.
Thanks much for checking the post out.
Dave

#68089 by EuphonyProductions
Thu May 21, 2009 2:23 am
No Chippy we're pulling an all nighter.

ROCK ON!!!!