This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#67937 by philbymon
Wed May 20, 2009 12:24 am
Why would I want a woman's perspective on anything? I don't have the plumbing to appreciate it.

This sh*t just sounds like an advertising scam to me, sorry.

I am sick to death of hearing about women's health issues, their views on cheating or finances or marketing or parenting or anything else, & I just laugh at women football common-taters.

Does this make me a sexist? I don't think so. I think it makes me a guy.

I tried to get in touch with my female side once, & ya know, I just can't stop touching it now!

Why does it seem so important for some ppl to try to force us all to understand EVERYTHING about each other? I don't CARE. I don't WANNA know. I enjoy the mystery of not knowing. Besides, ppl, as a rule, just aren't interesting enough that I want to waste my time wondering about every little thing they think or feel. I have more than enough to deal with in my own disgusting self...heh heh heh
Last edited by philbymon on Wed May 20, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

#67945 by gbheil
Wed May 20, 2009 12:55 am
You not alone Phil. We could form the He man woman haters club?
Naah, on second thought I really really like women. A LOT!!!!

But yes I am a neandertal, I am sexest, I am racest, I am a man, I am all those things we are not supposed to be anymore. :roll:
I still open doors for ladies. I help older folk carry stuff. I say yes sir, yes mam, please, and thank you.

And when people get offended because I am who I am. I tell em to go f**k theirselves. Because I am the man. :wink:

#67946 by Shredd6
Wed May 20, 2009 1:01 am
sanshouheil wrote:I am racest,

You hate fast cars??

#67948 by gbheil
Wed May 20, 2009 1:05 am
No I dont hate fast cars. But I can tell the difference between fast ones and slow ones. And not ashamed to say I can tell the difference.
Not all cars are the same. :wink:

#67950 by HowlinJ
Wed May 20, 2009 1:08 am
sanshouheil wrote: I am the man. :wink:

Hey George,

"I'm THE man" is what Joe Jackson sez! ("...man who brought you the yo-yo"

"I'm A man" ....now, THAT'S what Muddy Waters sez! (I spell M-A-N!)

"I'm waitin' for MY man.".. is what Lou Reed sez ($26 in my hand....)

"I need a man".. I believe Janice said that. ( but she would settle for a bottle of Southern Comfort) :wink:

later,
Howlin'

#67952 by gbheil
Wed May 20, 2009 1:15 am
Janice also said "I dont want to see a face at this party I havent sat on"
But thats another thread entirely. :lol:

#67956 by EuphonyProductions
Wed May 20, 2009 1:49 am
LOL and Ouch. Well I guess I know there are nothing but men here at this forum. Test market down the in flames screaming on we're on fire.

I think she is a good R & B artist and has passion, that I can respect and by the way you guys might just want to realize that woman buy more music than guys. It is the screaming 12 year old girls you need to appeal to like it or not to REALLY be famous as a musician. I am not saying sell out just making a point.

I don't like the sh*t they listen to either and it makes me a little sick as well but like I say they are buying more than 70% of what is sold today. Look at some marketing reports I think you will find I am right.

I pledge never, ever, never, ever, again to ask any of you about the woman's perspective.

I am heart fully sorry for having offended you all.

#67962 by Black57
Wed May 20, 2009 2:42 am
Well, here's my perspective. When I am playing, discussing or teaching music, I am one of the boys :wink: . I don't really think that my views are the way they because I am a woman. For the most part, it's been men who have been my mentors and teachers. Yes, I've also had women mentors and teachers. I enjoy the oportunity to play music period. My views are views of a musician.

#67964 by Black57
Wed May 20, 2009 2:44 am
HowlinJ wrote:

Hey George,

"I need a man".. I believe Janice said that. ( but she would settle for a bottle of Southern Comfort) :wink:

later,
Howlin'

"I Gotta Man." Don't remember who said that.

#67965 by neanderpaul
Wed May 20, 2009 2:51 am
HowlinJ wrote:

Hey George,

later,
Howlin'

That was just awesome! :D

#67967 by EuphonyProductions
Wed May 20, 2009 3:12 am
Glad to hear that. I agree with you music is not male or female it is soul, talent, and the need to express them both.

Glad I came to this forum though that was not how I started feeling for those of you who remember that fine first day.

Take it easy all of you and keep on playing no matter what,

Dave

#67969 by fisherman bob
Wed May 20, 2009 4:51 am
Somehow or other the bands I have been in over the years have never appealed to women that much. Amazing to me considering what a hunk of manhood I am, I've even stalked by a crazed woman once. But, we simply don't appeal to women. Hell's Angles followed us from bar to bar years ago. Some of those guys had some wild girlfriends with them. We've had a few women who followed us places. But overall we just are a man's band. We're just too gritty for the women I guess. I guess the opinions of women don't really mean squat to me. We play to please US and if women like us that's okay. But I'm not going to be specifically trying to please women, men, gays, transexuals, transgenderists, etc. I guess I'm just not musically politically correct. Boo hoo.

#67972 by Crip2Nite
Wed May 20, 2009 8:26 am
I kinda like big boobies :twisted: :P

#67975 by Shredd6
Wed May 20, 2009 8:56 am
sanshouheil wrote:No I dont hate fast cars. But I can tell the difference between fast ones and slow ones. And not ashamed to say I can tell the difference.
Not all cars are the same. :wink:

But we are all God's cars, are we not?

One of the reasons I always liked Reggae music was because of this song by Bob Marley. It's an awesome song as well as a piece of poetry. It might seem a little radical to some people at the end, but the basic thought, and main message is about Peace and having to fight to achieve it. It's called WAR. Great song.

What life has taught me
I would like to share with
Those who want to learn...

Until the philosophy which hold one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there are no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the color of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the color of his eyes
Me say war