This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#66968 by ghost 62
Sun May 10, 2009 7:33 pm
ive been looking at buying a new guitar , I prefer ovations , they have a new one out thats got a built in mp3 recorder, Im wondering if anyone has tried one yet thx ghost

#67058 by philbymon
Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm
An MP3 recorder IN the guitar? Wonders never cease. I wouldn't find that particularly useful, myself, as it would only serve to remind me of every damned little mistake I make...LOL...I don't see me using it for writing purposes, either, although I can see where that might be useful.

I never liked the Ovations...perhaps it's cuz my belly's so round it wobbles around quite a bit....

Good luck. If you find one, lemme know how well it works out for ya.

#67059 by J-HALEY
Mon May 11, 2009 10:55 pm
I like ovations, I haven't heard of this but I do write a lot on acoustic. I can see how it would be convenient to be able to record those little ideas so they don't get away from you. Someone started a thread not long ago about loosing those Idea's. On the first song on my site called Beyond Blue it was with a band I used to play with I am playing an Ovation 12 string Balladeer doubling the piano part and then at another point my part drifts off into it's own thing also I am arppegiating chords hell I played about 6 guitar parts on that song LOL.

#67064 by ghost 62
Tue May 12, 2009 12:11 am
I was online looking at their website ,it looks pretty interesting, I think ill try to convince our local guitar center to get one. thx 4 replying ghost

#67065 by J-HALEY
Tue May 12, 2009 12:28 am
Hey ghost62, the main reason I responded earlier was to tell you I listened to the music you have posted and I like it alot. Then I got carried away talking about myself I guess I had a senior moment LOL!

#67102 by ghost 62
Tue May 12, 2009 4:03 pm
yeah I can relate to those senior moments, thx glad you liked the music.

#67103 by ghost 62
Tue May 12, 2009 4:07 pm
philbymon wrote:An MP3 recorder IN the guitar? Wonders never cease. I wouldn't find that particularly useful, myself, as it would only serve to remind me of every damned little mistake I make...LOL...I don't see me using it for writing purposes, either, although I can see where that might be useful.

I never liked the Ovations...perhaps it's cuz my belly's so round it wobbles around quite a bit....

Good luck. If you find one, lemme know how well it works out for ya.
hey phlby just put a pc of velcro on the back of guitar and one on your shirt and it will stay right there :lol: just make sure your wearing a shirt dont put it on your bear (or is that beer ) belly especially if ya got alot a hair :wink: