This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#60949 by Starfish Scott
Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 pm
Ooooohhhh, Jimmy is up, Jimmy going for the slam dunk and Jimmy's down.. ooooo lol

I bet the ladies may take offense to that one, Jim.. LMAO

#60950 by neanderpaul
Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:41 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Correction: you have a girl'scunt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#60966 by Micawber
Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:55 pm
neanderpaul wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Correction: you have a girl'scunt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Agree, has got to be one of the best retorts ive seen on here.

#60976 by ZXYZ
Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:32 am
lol - ok i dont want to interrupt this wiffeling rapier-like banter and I'll only interject this for a second, but no-one's mentioned Pantera. That guy invented growling I thought.. (I'll probly catch hell [pun intended] for that comment) but wtf.. Pantera isnt metal??? of any kind?? f*ck me..
.. now back to the everybody and cap'n show.. which i was really enjoying.. wheres my popkorn..

#60992 by RyanStrain3032
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:15 am
ZXYZ wrote:lol - ok i dont want to interrupt this wiffeling rapier-like banter and I'll only interject this for a second, but no-one's mentioned Pantera. That guy invented growling I thought.. (I'll probly catch hell [pun intended] for that comment) but wtf.. Pantera isnt metal??? of any kind?? f*ck me..
.. now back to the everybody and cap'n show.. which i was really enjoying.. wheres my popkorn..

The only reason I didn't list Pantera is cause they're not Death Metal...Pantera is pretty cool, but I can't really get into their stuff

#60999 by ZXYZ
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:44 am
Oh DEATH Metal .. sorry, I wasnt paying attention , being an old fart I musta snoozed off.. lol.. ok , where's the cap'n show? Cap'n and Tennile - Hey cappy where's your Tennile??

#61029 by Starfish Scott
Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:42 pm
Ecch please learn tos pell i diot, even thei nternet hass spellcheck for allo ft hose that can'''''t'''ttt speeeelll nything.

#61035 by ZXYZ
Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:34 pm
waht?

#61063 by ted_lord
Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 am
oh no like any discussion about death metal its degraded into an elementary urinating competition why I usually don't discuss it

#61070 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:44 am
I listened to lamb of god last nite and it didnt do much for me. I like slow grinding metal as well as speed-metal and in-between metal as long as it's harmonically balanced, but I cant keep track of all the metal sub-genres anymore. :roll:

#61103 by Starfish Scott
Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:04 pm
I don't understand why Pantera is different.

I find them at least tolerable. The others are harder for me to enjoy.

#61107 by ted_lord
Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 pm
yah z LoG didn't do much for me when I was first exposed to them, when I saw them live things kinda changed, the guitars click a lil better and the vocals aren't as refined they feel a lil more natural with the dude screaming at you right there on stage, at least you gave it a listen. What songs did you listen to anyway? hope you heard the tune Redneck, intro for that is a drum clinic.

#61143 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:55 pm
yeah Ted, Redneck and Laid to Rest. Luv the killer drums, the tightness of the guitar and bass together. It's precision. Like Pantera though (didnt they kind of invent this sound?) nothing that I could sit and listen to all day long. I can take about 30-45 minutes of it before I have to shut it down. lol. :wink:

#61380 by CaptnWar
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 pm
DEATH METAL BANDS

DEATH
MORBID ANGEL
MORGOTH (you'd swear they were Death, but without the solos)
BEHEMOTH (only the later stuff)
CARCASS
QUO VADIS (Thrash/Death)

if all else fails... WIKIPEDIA

CHICKS APPRECIATE METAL TOO,
I AM PROOF.

plus. cough. advertisement. cough. I just made a bit of a demo (more black metal/industrial vibe). but this crowd may appreciate it more than the 'general' forum readers.
GO CHECK OUT MY PROFILE TO HEAR MY SICK DEMO

#61403 by Starfish Scott
Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 am
Philby, do your thing.. lol