This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#59643 by Andragon
Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm
Correction: Don't follow the link. Go to his profile. It's embedded.

You're good, but you need a much better recording setting. It's muddy and distorted. Good luck.

#59872 by mudfreakv1
Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 pm
thank you alot, i have a very large variety of music i can sing very well. Im lacking equip to record anything on. Im alot better through a PA or just without the cam. im very commited to singing and id like to form a band that im very confident will go somewhere with many followers.

#59878 by philbymon
Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 pm
Mudfreakv - you're certainly close enough to me. There's an open mic on Thur nites at The Stray Dawg Saloon & Grill in Hedgesville, on rt 9, about 6 miles from exit 16W offa I81. It starts up around 7ish. I might hafta go tonight. It's mostly acoustic, but it's something, anyway, & you can get your voice heard if you play, or if there's anyone there who knows your stuff to back you up. If I don't make it, tell John (the guy what runs it) that I sent ya.

There's another in Shepherdstown on Tue's at the Mec.

Try 'em out.

#59893 by mudfreakv1
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:21 pm
i was actually gonna go to an open mic nite at images off rt 51 tonite but plans fell through due too a few of my friends being poor this week...
Id deff like to check the plae out only like 15 min from me or so.
Idk if my type of music would be well liked tho lmao alot of rednecks in the area i dont think they will appreciate heavier music. although i can sing country n stuff it just makes me seem fake to ppl alot of haters around the area. idk the scene up there to well just started goin to bars just turned 21 a month ago.

#59897 by philbymon
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Stray Dwag's a bit of a biker bar....I wouldn't worry about being too heavy, although it might be a lil jarring compared to the acoustic stuff.

Nice place, but a bit skeery lookin' on the outside, & rather small in.

I won't be there tonight - I lost me voice today, for some reason...I think it's cuz I was out in the wind all day yesterday not catching fish.

#59949 by Andragon
Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:28 am
Most of the Us & Them album works great with just acoustics, you can try that at the open mic. Just sayin.

#59997 by ted_lord
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:43 pm
yah that's one of the few songs that really needs a full band behind it due to the driving bass line, on a totally unrelated note my brother got bitched at when he was at a concert for them cuz the security staff wasn't staffed adequately for 'dancing' like was going on