This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#58964 by Gezz
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:21 pm
hi everyone,

music has always been a hobby of mine rather than something i thought i should pursue hoping i would make it. i write my own songs/tunes etc but would like some feedback from other artists.

search for gezz g or click http://www.bandmix.co.uk/gezz/

constructive critisism appreciated
#58973 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 pm
Hi Gezz,
Your songs are nice; almost a little familiar but they do have their own voice and sound.
It is a hard style to push forward in a very unique way as public expectations can be restrictive but I think you have got something nice here.
Sorry I don't know enough about you genre to give strong constructive advice, I'm just an enthusiastic amateur song writer who enjoys recording stuff.
Cheers,
Mark..................
#58976 by Gezz
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:08 pm
Mark Phillips wrote:Hi Gezz,
Your songs are nice; almost a little familiar but they do have their own voice and sound.
It is a hard style to push forward in a very unique way as public expectations can be restrictive but I think you have got something nice here.
Sorry I don't know enough about you genre to give strong constructive advice, I'm just an enthusiastic amateur song writer who enjoys recording stuff.
Cheers,
Mark..................

many thanks mark for your feedback

#58997 by sanshouheil
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:06 am
Some nice guitar work and vocals Gezz. Also some tasty mix of instrumentation. Though I was lost in about three seconds with the rap style. No offense man I just cant get into it at all.
Thanks for posting some music.

#59053 by Gezz
Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:27 am
sanshouheil wrote:Some nice guitar work and vocals Gezz. Also some tasty mix of instrumentation. Though I was lost in about three seconds with the rap style. No offense man I just cant get into it at all.
Thanks for posting some music.

Hi,

no... i thank you for your opinion. i have two different styles but dont know which one to concentrate on. seems like the majority of people that listen to both prefer the singing.

cheers pal.

#59554 by Septic1759
Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 pm
Hi Gezz

Liked your stuff.It does sound different and you do have a style that's there. It's not a radical difference, just subtle and just enough. :D

Cool work and the productions very good - liked it. Trouble is i'll have to take my crap off now!! nevermind :shock:

#68056 by Ann Louise
Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 pm
Just listened to your music. I think Louise has a lovely voice but the song is two a penny, sorry but it is. It's well done and everything but just boring. Bright Lights was different in a good way. I didn't expect the rapping but I liked it! It would be better if you had a bit of harmony/quiet vocals during the verses. The chorus is ace and if you echoed it slightly it would really stand out. Play it back, wait for the first 'you know' part and then start singing from the start so you are behind it slightly. Try it, (you'll hear it, it really works). My mates are listening to it and they think it's good, but they all agreed an extra loop would enrich the sound. I love My Queen, you have a great voice, and the whistling and dobee dobee part at the end is great. All in all, you are one of the best I've heard on bandmix yet! :D