This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#59003 by Kramerguy
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:39 am
well hmm.. I didn't really check back on the post until now.

I don't do the PC recording thing, I just record the demo right from your profile (in stereo) onto my 8-track and add a new track - and then master it in, save it to WAV, then convert it to MP3. Yeah, it's not for professional demos lol, but I just toss stuff out there for funzies. I would do a real demo in the studio lol,

Anywho- I already did a quick and dirty solo, and unfortunately, I didn't see you linked examples until now, (and I didn't listen yet), so ... lol I will just finish mastering it and post it on my profile and see what you think.

I mostly just did a 90's inspired alex lifeson solo combined with some 80's wank. (yeah, sounds just like that) It will be up on my profile in a few minutes, let me know what you think-

#59005 by Ian Blythe
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:44 am
Kramerguy wrote:well hmm.. I didn't really check back on the post until now.

I don't do the PC recording thing, I just record the demo right from your profile (in stereo) onto my 8-track and add a new track - and then master it in, save it to WAV, then convert it to MP3. Yeah, it's not for professional demos lol, but I just toss stuff out there for funzies. I would do a real demo in the studio lol,

Anywho- I already did a quick and dirty solo, and unfortunately, I didn't see you linked examples until now, (and I didn't listen yet), so ... lol I will just finish mastering it and post it on my profile and see what you think.

I mostly just did a 90's inspired alex lifeson solo combined with some 80's wank. (yeah, sounds just like that) It will be up on my profile in a few minutes, let me know what you think-

Will do..I got to got talk to a guy about engineering in a new studio, but I'll will check it out as soon as I get back home.

#59008 by Kramerguy
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:54 am
cool. It's up. Listening back to it, it's funny.. It sounds kind of like Alex Lifeson and Warren DiMartini had a child, named Kramerguy... although I need more practice to do either of them justice.

Enjoy

#59009 by Ian Blythe
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:54 am
I like the runs, but its a little too busy. If you want to keep trying things I would like to hear some others...try kicking the solo in just after the double kick lick, I'm wanting to keep that break clean there to anticipate the solo. you should be able to get an idea from the clips i posted. thanks man

#59012 by ZXYZ
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:06 am
This old guy is having trouble downloading... your tune .. used to just plug in the audio out to the audio-in but since i installed asio.. dunno..
Nice solo, Kramerguy :D

#59016 by Kramerguy
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 am
AngerRising wrote:I like the runs, but its a little too busy. If you want to keep trying things I would like to hear some others...try kicking the solo in just after the double kick lick, I'm wanting to keep that break clean there to anticipate the solo. you should be able to get an idea from the clips i posted. thanks man

Sorry man, that's all I got. I Gotta head to bed, then band practice tomorrow night, the next night, weekend busy, then monday... practice again. I was supposed to be practicing band songs tonight haha, I dared to slack.

Anyways, if we were in a studio, or I had more time; I'd totally let you lead me, but in this case, I just ripped one out, like a big fart, without taking in any input from ya, like I said earlier, "for funzies". I don't mean to downplay your song, so plz don't take it that way, I just don't have the time to do justice to your vision.

(it's nice to break away from the monotony of practicing the same songs over and over and just do some spontaneous collaboration)
Peace

#59018 by Kramerguy
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:27 am
ZXYZ wrote:This old guy is having trouble downloading... your tune .. used to just plug in the audio out to the audio-in but since i installed asio.. dunno..
Nice solo, Kramerguy :D

Thx boss. Get that crap working and put yours up :P

#59020 by ZXYZ
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 am
working... working... 8)

#59027 by ZXYZ
Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 am
OK - I jammed with your whole song, AR -- it's gettin' late -- several cocktails-- I'll have to retract it in the morning, I'm sure :oops: --waz fun tho :D -- nity-nite---
(it's on my profile) bye...

#59032 by Andragon
Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 am
Fckin love it. I can hear Primus, Tool and AIC all in one. Re-do the vocals though.

#59039 by ZXYZ
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:19 am
Re-do the vocals though.

That's prolly my fault. I couldnt resist. I put the song thru an aphex aural exciter and widened the stereo mix with adobe audition ahh well , i'm just a nut-bucket hell raiser-- lol... :P

#59040 by Andragon
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:24 am
Oh ZXYZ, my comment was meant for AngerRising not you lol

I hadn't read your post yet. K I'm listening to your version.
Perfect feedback intro. You gave it that full sound with the lead. Really good, man. Crazy solo.

#59041 by ZXYZ
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:36 am
Yeah, Thanx Andy , I'm gonna delete it in the morning.. LOL.. :shock:
I think I should have waited to contribute to this effort.. b4 toddy-time :D ,, now i got to go beddy-time.. :D bye
-have a good one--

#59045 by Ian Blythe
Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:16 am
those are the back up vocals... they are getting buried. There is a whole other part that's way up there in in the high range, but I got to wait till my other singer can make it up...he lives about 40 min away, and gas is a bitch.

#59046 by Ian Blythe
Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:18 am
Kramerguy wrote:
AngerRising wrote:I like the runs, but its a little too busy. If you want to keep trying things I would like to hear some others...try kicking the solo in just after the double kick lick, I'm wanting to keep that break clean there to anticipate the solo. you should be able to get an idea from the clips i posted. thanks man

Sorry man, that's all I got. I Gotta head to bed, then band practice tomorrow night, the next night, weekend busy, then monday... practice again. I was supposed to be practicing band songs tonight haha, I dared to slack.

Anyways, if we were in a studio, or I had more time; I'd totally let you lead me, but in this case, I just ripped one out, like a big fart, without taking in any input from ya, like I said earlier, "for funzies". I don't mean to downplay your song, so plz don't take it that way, I just don't have the time to do justice to your vision.

(it's nice to break away from the monotony of practicing the same songs over and over and just do some spontaneous collaboration)
Peace

Its all good, and in good fun...if you don't have that, there's no point in it anyway. thanks though :D