This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#58652 by Ian Blythe
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:27 am
Got a new song posted my brother and I have been working on(yeah we made up with each other finally). We are going to re-record the whole thing soon, this was just a rough draft to see how we wanted to lay everything out. Keep in mind Adams Voice was shot from playing all night, at Daren's, plus he was pretty well trashed from the ridiculous amount of alcohol everyone and their mom bought him while he was playing. I am also still working on writing the second verse and a lot of the vocals and the solo are missing. Like I said it's real rough right now but for what it is so far I think it sounds pretty wicked. So for what its worth here is the overly compressed bass heavy version.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/535597/Broke%20down.mp3

#58655 by gbheil
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:13 am
I am not sure which song you were refering to.

I enjoyed the one on your profile page however.

Many aspiring musicians have bit the dust due to "rediculous amounts of alcohol"

#58669 by Ian Blythe
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:37 am
sanshouheil wrote:I am not sure which song you were refering to.

I enjoyed the one on your profile page however.

Many aspiring musicians have bit the dust due to "rediculous amounts of alcohol"

the link on my post

#58678 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 am
Can U put it up on mp3 here? I'm not going to download something called "snap-drive-player-generator" on to my pc. I've already had enough pc problems.. :?

#58681 by Ian Blythe
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 am
ZXYZ wrote:Can U put it up on mp3 here? I'm not going to download something called "snap-drive-player-generator" on to my pc. I've already had enough pc problems.. :?

Sorry I forgot to mention they don't allow direct links, just copy the link and paste it into your browser, it will talk you right to it

#58707 by Ian Blythe
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 pm
AngerRising wrote:
ZXYZ wrote:Can U put it up on mp3 here? I'm not going to download something called "snap-drive-player-generator" on to my pc. I've already had enough pc problems.. :?

Sorry I forgot to mention they don't allow direct links, just copy the link and paste it into your browser, it will talk you right to it

Scratch that...just check my profile...I put it on there...songs called broke down

#58736 by Ian Blythe
Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:56 am
I should have just done that in the first place. Thanks

#58738 by gbheil
Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:07 am
Thanks man.

Sweet, keep rockin. :D

#58759 by ZXYZ
Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:53 am
OK that's excellent. I can see you going into a studio with that one and making a professional sounding hit. I like the cymbal ring at.. well ..
If its on a pro prog w/separate tracks do it Dude!! Good Luck!! Nice!! :D
#58963 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:03 pm
It sounded pretty good even from this side of the pond!
The drums were the star of the show for me; really nice short cymbal shots and very real but not over rattly tomtoms, and all pushing along at a good pace.
A nice fresh sound.
Mark.............

#58967 by Kramerguy
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:26 pm
Hey anger, that's a pretty good tune.. I noticed that 2:40 to 3:04 sounds kind of empty, like a guitar solo should be there lol. I'd take a shot at slapping one on it if you wouldn't mind. I could DL the song and just track one in
#58980 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:38 pm
Hello Kramerguy,
That sounds a real buzz... to add a solo to someone's song and send it back to them!
One day I will get good enough at computers to do that!
Cheers,
Mark..................

#58981 by ZXYZ
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 pm
I noticed that one spot too at 2:40, after you mentioned it Kramerguy. I may play around with that spot too & post it if Angerrising doesnt mind, do you, dude? And you vote and take the one you like best! (I'm sure it wont be mine.. lol) .. :D

#58991 by Ian Blythe
Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 am
sounds great... Yeah that's where the solo is supposed to go, I just can do lead. I also need to punch in the other rhythm that's missing on the last chorus. If you notice only the right side is there. My brother is working on the 2nd verse, and the lead singer still needs to lay down his parts(lucky enough to have 2 wicked singers...that is when I can get them together :roll: )

On the solo...

I have a general Idea of what I want for the solo or at least how it begins, and ends, the runs in the middle are not quite as important. I have posted below, how I want the solo to start and end Think Alice In Chains type of solo)

The beginning note needs that clashing TOOL type of sound like this just don't hang the note as long (about 2 measures or so).

time 2:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV6xBQDCTzg

For the End I want a build like this...

TIME = 2:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BQIALVxZ0

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.

#58999 by Ian Blythe
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:27 am
also if you guys could, send a second separate solo track so I can just sync it up in sonar with the original. The mp3 quality you have to work with sucks compared to the tracks on the computer so I just want to be able to take the file you send. and import it in my tracks. Anyone else who is interested, may also do the same. I would be very happy to have several variations.