This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#57754 by SlippedNot
Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:27 am
Ooooooooo gawd ...

Back in a day I use to LOVE Supertramp, ELO and Chicago :oops:

I didn't think there were any others :roll:

#57780 by Andragon
Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:26 am
I just absolutely dig Song For You by Donny Hathaway. The man's got the power, great lyrics and emotion. The piano's sweet too.

#57789 by philbymon
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:42 am
Hey SLip, I still love Supertramp. I have a Roger Hodgeson LP around here somewhere ( I think that's his name, anyway) & it ain't 1/2 bad, neither.

#57907 by tnoel
Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:32 pm
Any 80's Hair Bands!
Man I found the Hairband station on satellite radio and now I can't stop. Its like audio crack or something!

#58015 by pusMonkey
Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:17 pm
Supertramp was a great band! "Bloody well right!!"
As well as Chicago,... before Cetera left.

#59570 by Powergroove75
Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:35 pm
HAHAHA!! Awesome topic. OK... I'm a raging metal head....

But that chick Sarah Bareilles that sings that "I'm not gonna write you a love song" tune.... I like her writting style and she's kinda hot too...

#59602 by HowlinJ
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 am
I recently checked out a K D Lang CD from the library, and discovered that I like her music very much. I can't hold her lesbian tendencies against her, since I realized that I love chicks too! :D

( Joan Armatrading and Jeska Hoop are still my MOST favorite chick singers, however)

HJ

#61935 by Rocktheprojet
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:57 pm
RobinL. wrote:Judy Garland

First time I remember seeing someone with a powerful clear voice. Somewhere Over the Rainbow such emotion.

i have to agree, she had a phenomenal voice. she's one of the artists in my iTunes that people are always shocked to see

#61982 by ratsass
Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm
first time I really listened to some Lyle Lovett I was hooked. And that's SOMETHING coming from an old rock n roller like myself.

#61987 by PocketGroovesGSO
Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 pm
Slipknot is a guilty pleasure for me. The thing is that I don't even like that vein of metal -- I usually go about as heavy as Disturbed. Any heavier than that is usually too much for me. I don't own any of the albums or anything, but when I'm listening to a rock station and they come on, I have to listen! Its interesting to me that 9 guys get together, playing metal, and they don't play all over each other! It's not muddy, the mix isn't crowded, or anything like that. Good stuff.

Oh, and Dixie Chicks. :oops:

#62341 by ColorsFade
Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:50 pm
Stars (Elevator Love Letter, Your Ex-Lover is Dead, Look Up) and Japanese Pop Rock (Bubblegum Crisis Vocal Collections 1 & 2, for instance).

#62342 by philbymon
Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 pm
Nothing to be guilty about at all when it comes to Lyle Lovette. What an amazing songwriter/performer!

But... :oops: ...I am a raging Ludo fan! There! I said it! (Yes, I DO have their CD, "You're Awful, I Love You.") These guys crack me up BIGGLY!