This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#53657 by Jessica M
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 pm
You are quite welcome...sadly wish it wasn't so true.

#53668 by gbheil
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:07 am
Honestly there are so many sites and musicians and posers. How can you really expect any web site to "work" without a lot of effort and frustration on our own part?
It's really just a shotgun effect.
I consider myself quite lucky to have found compatable musicians. I search and E-mailed daily for months.
If a small town Christian rocker can find compatable musicians then surely the larger more diverse genre' can succed as well.

#53829 by J-HALEY
Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:18 pm
Hey John, the e-mail thru bandmix is and can be linked to one's personal e-mail account I have mine set up that way. When people contact me it automatically notifies me via my personal e-mail.

You know how us musicians can be a bit flackey, some people may not be responding to you because possably your not what they are looking for, or they may have found what they were looking for and just let their account expire.
I myself have had good results from this site, also some people may want to remain anoynamous, for a whole lot of reasons maybe they are not happy with the band they are playing in, or maybe they want to play in more than one band, or maybe they just want to keep an ear to the ground (see what else is out there).
Like anything else in life this site can take time.
I like your playing and good luck to you!!!!

#54833 by john davis
Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 am
Thanks for the nice Comments J-Haley.......... I still think Susan looks right for the job! Wish I could get in touch with her, the profile says active within a month........ if she is not interested just a no thank you would sufice and I would look elsewhere......

#55519 by neanderpaul
Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:47 pm
Micronauts wrote:ON the plus side John, I've been chilling out to your playing this morning :)

I'm listening to Micronaut's stuff. Dig that first track for real. Nice work. I'd love to hear that finished with a vocal. I'd also prefer it with acoustic drums. But great tones and melodies on the instruments. Great mix.
#57483 by Phil The Bune
Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:14 am
Hi Guys,

Don't mean to hijack this thread or nowt but with regards to this Bandmix site not working, I can't seem to find the bit that says "Instruments Played" (though I guess my profile pic covers this, heh heh). Any ideas where this is please?
Feel free to slap me about verbally for being blind as a ding bat....

Ta,
Phil
#57503 by Jessica M
Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:45 pm
Phil "The Bune" wrote:Hi Guys,

Don't mean to hijack this thread or nowt but with regards to this Bandmix site not working, I can't seem to find the bit that says "Instruments Played" (though I guess my profile pic covers this, heh heh). Any ideas where this is please?
Feel free to slap me about verbally for being blind as a ding bat....

Ta,
Phil

Looks like you haven't set it up yet. Usually the "instruments played" is under the profile pic, but you will have to set it up by going into "edit profile" then look for "instruments played" which should be above the style of music or genre played option. Hope that helps.

#57609 by Phil The Bune
Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:01 am
Ah, cheers mate, I'll take a gander.

Long live the Sun God too!! :P

#57610 by Phil The Bune
Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:08 am
Hmmmm, can't see the little blighter still. I can see the fields for description, influences, equipment etc., but not the Instruments Played part.
Nay mind, as they say a picture speaks a thousand words and I only play guitar (and the spoons) so don't need to Photoshop clones of meself on the drums and sax....yet :lol:

#57613 by philtdr
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:58 am
Yes I can see your point about a member not coming back to look at messages. Contact details should be included straight away!
We need a drummer in grantham for a pop punk rock band aged 16 to 23 contact [email protected]
Phil

#62132 by Chris (wallsend)
Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:19 am
agree, doesn't seem to work. They should set up e-mail alerts for sure.

#62136 by neanderpaul
Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:39 am
They do have email alerts. I've been emailed by bandmix every time I got a private message and every time a topic I'm subscribed to got a reply. bandmix works.

#62153 by gbheil
Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:34 pm
Ditto:

Bandmix has worked wellfor me. But then I am not trying to back out screws with a hammer either.

#70286 by HEATDrummer
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:42 am
It does work and we're the proof. Through bandmix we have formed a fantastic band and are booked to the hilt with bookings. If they didn't charge the site wouldn't be there at all!