This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Keep screamo... or trash it?

25%
75%
#57572 by whitesight
Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 am
Some people can't stand screamo. To them, Carol Channing looks like a babe next to what screamo would look like as a human being. They simply would want to toss screamo off a bridge and then as they recuperate what's left of it, chop it up into little bits and pieces and FedEx it off to China. Their verdict: screamo is like nails on a chalkboard.

Some people love screamo. If screamo was a chick, they would drool for hours on end just fantacising about her awesome screamo body as they think about all the wasted time they spent thinking of Pamela Anderson and Charlize Theron. Their verdict: Screamo sounds great and it has its rightful place on the music scene.

Well, the debate is out in the open: do you like screamo or not?
Last edited by whitesight on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

#57574 by ted_lord
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:40 am
its really hit or miss, some modern metal acts are ok, but some of them need to quit whining and screaming and save the studio time for other people who have a better idea of how things should be done, if the band has a talented guitarist who can do more then just play half a scale and some high notes in octave, and then shred every chance he can get, and has a singer who can actually hit a range and add the right emphasis at the right times its ok

#57575 by RyanStrain3032
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 am
How about you just don't listen to it if you hate it so much?

I personally don't like screamo...I'm a metal guy. But I'm not gonna go up to a group of people who like screamo and tell them to stop listening to it.

Ignorant bastards like yourself are the type of people who go on youtube, find videos of a band that they hate, then leave nasty comments just to piss people off.

I hate country music, but I'm not gonna go around telling people that country music should be destroyed cause I don't like it.

What gives you the right to decide what genres exist?

Delete your bandmix account and don't come back...We don't like your kind here.
Last edited by RyanStrain3032 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

#57576 by Kramerguy
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:53 am
seriously..

a poll like this is just antagonistic... Why not just live and let live white?

I don't like a LOT of musical forms, to name a few:

glitter pop
tribal rap
any other rap
fusion jazz
swing
opera
and yes, I don't like screamo. Does that mean all those forms of music shouldn't exist? hell no.

Without them, I'd have nothing to strive for: individualism.

Just delete this post and let it go.

#57582 by ted_lord
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 am
I just noticed something amusing, this guy comes from a province that thinks itself to be so unique it should be its own country, how bout we just let it go and see how far it disappears, I'm sorry for posting on this thread!!!!!

#57585 by whitesight
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 am
Sorry dudes, some people wanted this poll to be made ! I'm not attacking annyone if you actually read the post correctly :P

And how is Quebec any different from Kosovo, who actually got their independance? But... well thats a discussion for another time, right ? :wink:

#57587 by whitesight
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 am
Hmm 4 people dont like it, 1 does... Quite interesting preliminairy results to this very scientific poll(ahem ahem). 8)

To Ryan, I love you too man lol

EDIT: Aight my bad, I changed the topic title, gonna find out how to change the poll.

EDIT2: Alright I can't change the poll, but you guys get the idea. My bad though, didn't think people were so sensitive. :twisted: *ducks for cover as rotten eggs fly at full speed towards whitesight's face*

#57597 by repressthecadence
Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:32 am
This is by no means a simple random sample of musicians, so you can't draw any conclusions from it. Ryan hits the nail on the head about all music, which I was trying to say in the other thread. To each his own, leave it at that. When I suggested this thread, I didn't suggest asking for the its abolition as a musical genre. Just a simple "I like it," "I don't like it," and perhaps an "I couldn't care less" option would have been nice.

#57605 by RhythmMan
Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 am
Better to ask what style people LIKE . . .

#57616 by Crip2Nite
Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am
I like the way Carol Channing sings...

#57633 by philbymon
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 pm
Don't like it, myself, but I certainly wouldn't deny it to the masses that enjoy it.

Carol Channing sounds like an old man to me.

#57638 by Drummer that could
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 pm
i like screamo lol i mean it's perfect for people that have no talent at all lol jk i mean it does take talent to uhhhh... u know yell till u die a early death from a heart attack. actualy i hate screamo, it reminds me of a more musicle version of my mother. :D :) :shock: 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :roll: :wink: :arrow:

#57643 by gtZip
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:41 pm
Hates it. For the vocals.
Sometimes theres some interesting music underneath, but the 'vocals' ruin it.

#57645 by gtZip
Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:44 pm
RyanStrain3032 wrote:How about you just don't listen to it if you hate it so much?

I personally don't like screamo...I'm a metal guy. But I'm not gonna go up to a group of people who like screamo and tell them to stop listening to it.

Ignorant bastards like yourself are the type of people who go on youtube, find videos of a band that they hate, then leave nasty comments just to piss people off.

I hate country music, but I'm not gonna go around telling people that country music should be destroyed cause I don't like it.

What gives you the right to decide what genres exist?

Delete your bandmix account and don't come back...We don't like your kind here.

Ryan, this poll is in response to another thread where I was stirring the pot about screamo.
So I'm the ignorant bastard.

Simma down now.

And while this poll is unscientific and possibly infalamtory, it shows, so far, that I'm right and repress is wrong. ;)

#57646 by whitesight
Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:00 pm
repressthecadence wrote:This is by no means a simple random sample of musicians, so you can't draw any conclusions from it. Ryan hits the nail on the head about all music, which I was trying to say in the other thread. To each his own, leave it at that. When I suggested this thread, I didn't suggest asking for the its abolition as a musical genre. Just a simple "I like it," "I don't like it," and perhaps an "I couldn't care less" option would have been nice.

I know, sorry about that.. I thought about it afterwards. Can't seem to change the poll though so if any mods can do that for me, it would be great.

Hmm looks like the ''hate screamo'' team is winning by a landslide... 8)

ps: gtzip, thanks for backing me up on this one man hehe :P