This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#56847 by NearlySurrounded
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm
I have tried several different songs and everytime I upload a song, and then go to play the song, it sounds messed up. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm uploading MP3's, and they are not working. I finally even registered, and after I registered this happened. Before when I was using it for free I could upload songs and they would play correctly, check it out to see what I mean: http://bandmix.com/cloverband it sounds simply awful.

#56848 by philbymon
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:31 pm
"no audio available"

check the size of your files

if you're uploading from a dial-up ISP, it won't work anyway

try try again

good luck

#56852 by NearlySurrounded
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 pm
philbymon wrote:"no audio available"

check the size of your files

if you're uploading from a dial-up ISP, it won't work anyway

try try again

good luck

Sorry about that, I just re-uploaded the song... Check it out if ya don't mind... And BTW, I'm on a T-3 or better from my job, so no dial-up issue here. Thanks for responding so quickly.

#56855 by philbymon
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:48 pm
Yep. Pretty bad. Are you using Audacity & Switch? They work pretty good for me on the transfer between wave & MP3. Might work if you aren't. They're free software o/l.

Go here if you don't have it or are having prob's with the program.

http://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?t=4951

Best advice I can give on the subject, cuz I'm no 'puter whiz.

You're quite welcome. There are lots of others who are better able to help you, but they don't seem to be o/l yet. Have patience, & they'll see this & help in ways I cannot.
Last edited by philbymon on Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#56856 by NearlySurrounded
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:49 pm
philbymon wrote:Yep. Pretty bad. Are you using Audacity & Switch? They work pretty good for me on the transfer between wave & MP3. Might work if you aren't. They're free software o/l.

Go here if you don't have it or are having prob's with the program.

http://forum.bandmix.com/viewtopic.php?t=4951

Best advice I can give on the subject, cuz I'm no 'puter whiz.

The converter I'm using has always worked top notch for me. Perhaps it's doing something wierd now. I'm going to try and convert them using something else. Man I wish this site would play WMA's... Thanks man!!

#56860 by NearlySurrounded
Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:02 pm
I got it figured out... For some reason if I use 44khz instead of 48khz it sounds fine. Check it out again, the song Sunday plays correctly now.

Thanks again dude!!

#56867 by J-HALEY
Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:14 pm
They worked fine for me, sounds good man!

#56876 by philbymon
Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:56 pm
Listening now -

Like the 1st one, except I'm not crazy about the doubling licks with the keys. Program choice sounds a lil cheesy. Good tune though.

2nd one is good filler. Again - don't like the key's tones.

No On Ever Came - you have good tunes, man. Pretty good delivery, too. The keys don't bug me on this one, either.

What To Say needs a better, more realistic piano sound. I realize there are limits with equipment, but you should use some other instrument when you do final recording, imho. I like your voice. Guitar work is solid.

There are places where the guitar tone gets muddy, but that might be the changing over from wave to MP3 causing it. I dunno.

Recording quality aside, this material is as good as Matchbox 20, which you remind me of, for some reason. Kudos. Good work.

Keep at it! You shouldn't have a prob finding a drummer if you play like this live.

#56932 by gbheil
Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:50 am
Hey Tex. Sounds like some rock to me. I could barely discern the lyrics however.

#57174 by Kirk Rocks
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:06 pm
Do you have to be a member to ad audio to your profile ?

#57237 by The KIDD
Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 am
No, ya get 15 MB (I think).