This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#53779 by ZXYZ
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:37 am
Ok, I could post a competition here about how many women we've all got but I ain't gonna! :P

#53783 by Andragon
Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:29 am
Crip, you should definitely consider growing a handlebar 'stache. And wear a Motorhead tee then take a pic lol

#53862 by Starfish Scott
Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 pm
nah, just keep that hair LONG!
#54454 by JoeStoker
Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:29 pm
Am I an old curmudgeon?

Yes, you are. Will you still have a place to stay, food to eat, etc.. come Monday? Most definitely.

Joe

gtZip wrote:Ok... so two days ago two of the guys in one of my bands say that some girly friends of theirs want us to play late saturday night, at a house party.
No money involved, no sound system of course, so wed have to lug all of our stuff there.
High probability of many under 21 people there.

So we kick it around for a few minutes before leaving rehearsal, and I say 'ehhh... I dont know about that.'
Well, today it was posted on the old myspace that we were doing it... which I found out about tonight. Hadnt looked at the page recently.

On the plus side:
probably lots of young women getting their drink on.

On the negative side:
No money, possible legal issues with noise ordinance and underage people, setting up in some room of a house, three days notice. No type of professionalism from the 'host', no security.

Anyways, in a nutshell, I told them to get bent. Im not doing it.

Questions:
Am I an ahole?
Would you do it?
And what are your general feelings on playing house parties?