This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4749 by dzacc16
Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:51 am
Hi, so this is actually my first post to bandmix and I'm happy I came across this board - everyone seems to be pretty welcoming.

To introduce myself, I am a musician here in NY and play guitar, sing, and compose music. I've been pretty interested in digital recording for the last 8 years and currently work for a music/internet company Indaba Music. You should check out our site - very different concept than bandmix - what we do is provide the opportunity for musicians to collaborate with others from around the world through our online sessions. Anyway, you should check it out: www.indabamusic.com.

So I'm interested, in what everyone does musically. Paul, you seem to have a very interesting musical history! I'm really curious why everyone is here in particular - what are you looking for out of the site? Anyway, good to meet you all...

#4755 by mistermikev
Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:47 pm
howdy all.
mikev here. First of all, what is up with people using name sticky? There is a sticky on reef central, 3reef, and several other forums too. hmm. just curious.
Intro to myself: I've been fiddlin' with my guitfiddle for 23yrs now, bass guitfiddle too. attended musicians institute back in 95, met a lot of great musicians and had some fun. Took some college composition courses and even got to conduct the milwaukee jazz band - had no idea what I was doing. Used to teach guitfiddle and bass, now I work as a software guy. Speaking of which, have a small studio with lots of equip. Love sampling, tracking, all kinds of music, cakewalk, floops, cubase. Started out on cakewalk home studio with no audio capabilities (back when it first came out). Big fan of midi - my whole system is automated. Big fan of FM7. Influenced by all music - country, jazz, pop, folk, blues, metal, classic rock, techno, YOUNAMEIT.
Favorite thing I've heard in a music store: "so you play in a band or do you just play with yourself".

#4776 by RhythmMan
Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:05 pm
Hey, Mr Mike.
Isn't 'sticky' a post that sticks at the top?
And - interesting mix . . .
Anyway - welcome. :)
Hey, Belle. Long time no - see! :)
Check out any of my songs you may not have heard yet, won't you?
And, by the way - remember 'Molasses Blues?' You posted some lyrics to a 60 second WAV I posted about a year back or so. :)
Now its an MP3. And per request, bass & guitar together, as it should be.
Enjoy. :)
By the way - I posted some other songs at my Uniting Bands account - check out "Half-Jazzed Blues" :)
The address is:

http://www.unitingbands.com/member/Alan/
If they delete thie address above, I'll eventually be posting it here.
Wachabeenupto?

#5258 by Kelly marshall
Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:19 pm
Hi all, I live in Alexandria, IN. I sing country and gospel music. I have been singing since I a little girl.My mom and dad used to have my brothers and me sing at church when we were all younger. I'm now 39. I quit singing after high school, and did not pick back up seriously till I was about 33. I love to sing country music,and still go back to my roots of gospel music. I do have an info page you can check out. I am currently looking for a band to gig with, although I admit this is my first time actually looking for a band to get with. I have been solo singing gospel music at church and country for fun at the lake I spend the summer at.I occassionally throw a gospel song in at the lake too, because people enjoy it. I am hoping to find a seasoned band that is looking for some female vocals,who is willing to work patiently with me. Know anyone out there like this?? you can contact me via email:[email protected]
Nice to read the posts here, take care
flaxenblonde

#5374 by Archaic Cessation
Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:46 pm
My name is Jerry and I am 18 years old. I started the death metal band Archaic Cessation 2 years ago and I play lead and rhythm guitar in the band. I love to write lyrics and write guitar riffs and solo's. I've recently started a side project called Eternity From Within which is a rock/metal band. My influences are At The Gates, Death, Megadeth, Testament, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Tesla, KISS, Zero Hour, Into Eternity, Evergrey, Opeth, Nevermore, Inflames, etc.

#5406 by Jay21
Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:40 pm
HELLo, my name is jarrod

#5429 by BassPlay3r
Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:33 pm
Hello,

I'm a bassist in the Raleigh NC area looking to jam, collaborate on song writing and do some gigs. For more info check out my profile http://bandmix.com/profile114593.html I just updated it with some of my and others recordings I've played on. The full songs can be heard at www.angmar.com. Click on Public MP3's/Videos.

#5500 by jeffersun
Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:52 pm
Hello everyone,

I am a 32 year old lead guitarist/vocalist musician from Detroit Michigan. I know and can play alot of cover songs from bands such as Aeromsith, STP, Weezer, Zepplin, Floyd, Clapton, just to name a few. I am looking for people between the age of 25 and 40 mainly a drummer and bass player, and possibly other musicians as well to work on an original project. Please contact me if you would like to get together to jam.

I have been playing rythym/lead guitar for 20 yrs. I have had experience playing lead and vocals in both original and cover bands, gigging around the detroit area for about 15 years with some recording experience as well.

Peace,

Jeffersun

#5592 by Ani
Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:33 pm
Ani AKA Michael Harrison
Rythm/lead
Backing vocals

Self tought and damn good >.< well thats what everyone says when i play

Bored of all the pretenders to rock !!!!
ITS MY DAMN THRONE NOW

#5733 by Allison Barkley
Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:59 pm
just wanted to stop by and introduce myself...just signed up yesterday...you can check out even more of my music at www.myspace.com/allisonbarkley8 so i wanted to say hello and please feel free to stop by and have a listen!
cheers,
a.

#5734 by Blind Witchery
Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:35 pm
Names Tony, im 20

I been playing guitar for about 11-12 years, custom made my BC Rich V, Self taught guitar/bass player.

I love old school Black Metal, not this new stuff like dimmu booger, cradle of filth is old, but the new meaning of sellout, I consider them more Pop music (it IS popular mainstream music). Venom I really love, Immortal I love, and later Bathory I really love. DEATH I was reallly into, those bands really inspired me to make my own band which everything is done all by me.

My musical influence doesnt just stop there. I've a wide range of musical interests and tastes. I'm much into Power metal, some death metal some technical death metal, a bit of progressive metal, jazz, blues, classical, funk, old school hip hop, I've many interests.

Kerry King was my first influence to play guitar, but I dont think of him anymore, too mainstream and too much of a sellout. their music is now nu metal.

Brian May I was also highly influenced to play guitar. I love the way his guitar sounds and the way he plays.
Eddie Van Halen has a real unique guitar sound, just amazing in general.
Abbath and Demonaz also have a real unique and cool sound to their guitars.

Those guitar players were my main influence to play guitar, my brother also influenced me to play guitar and later bass (he taught me the basics of guitar, soon afterwards he picked up the bass but now has no intereest in making music)

I dont want to carry on too much, but i think this is enough :)

#5894 by bigaidy
Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:47 pm
paul777 please contact bigaidy

#6356 by Stareater
Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:00 pm
Hi there,

Guitarist here, been playing for 25+ years. I live in Connecticut, and currently have an original metal project getting off the ground. We're at drums, guitar, and bass right now, and looking for a second guitarist and lead vocalist. Cheers!

#6369 by RhythmMan
Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:04 pm
Stareater, welcome aboard.
I live in Madison, CT, on Rte. 79; 200 feet from Rte. 80.
Probably 15 min from you . . .