This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41046 by philbymon
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:08 pm
Line goes bad? DIBBITZ! See - I got into fishing cuz I thought it would be a nice quiet cheapo little hobby. I went to the store the other night to get my son a car seat for the baby & figured I'd just brouse the fishing aisle.

I got to the register & the woman rang up $220+!!!!

My wife went kinda ballistical, so I returned it all the next day. All I'd gotten were some lures & some hooks & a nice reel &...well...it was just a bit much.

I don't think it's a cheap lil hobby anymore, but it sure is fun to do, except when I'm cussin' cuz I caught yet another log or turtle under the water with that $5 lure!

#41144 by fisherman bob
Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:04 am
Just like any other hobby you can do it cheap or expensive. I probably do it too expensive. If my wife ever found out what I've spent on fishing she'd divorce me. The way I look at it I only live once. Fishing is the most fun I have so I'm not going to skimp on it. Later...

#41152 by Paleopete
Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:20 pm
The words "fishing" and "inexpensive" are mutually exclusive. Same as hunting, it's even more expensive, one of the reasons I very rarely even consider hunting any more, that and if I carry a gun in the woods for about 30 minutes it hurts my back so bad I can barely walk.

Fishing I can handle, and these days it's not that expensive since I already have most everything I need. Several rods, 3 or 4 Ambassadeur reels, 4 or 5 tackle boxes full of fresh and saltwater lures, (lots of them free though, because I used to walk the banks in low water and grab all the lures you lost when the water was up). I lived on Sam Rayburn lake in Texas for over 10 years, caught loads of nice bass and found at least 2 tackle boxes full of lures, many of them in brand new condition, many others that just needed new hooks. These days about all I have to buy is hooks, line and weights, maybe a bag of plastic worms now and then.

I still go now and then but not much, at that time I went every day. Guess I just lost interest, after all I was on the water daily for years.

#48819 by messy j
Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:41 pm
Isn,t psychic improvisation fun when the whole group is on that level.Or even better,jam without instruments in the 4th dimension,thats right ,4th cuz thats my favorite place to be.Nothings better than jammin,cleanses the soul.we are all just channeling anyway,thoughts thru the spirit so all non musicians can hear it.

#48820 by lalong
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:10 am
The LEDs in the screen were leaving behind artifacts and half the wasn’t showing up at all. I gave it a few cautious slaps, but didn’t want to break the thing on the way to fixing it. It’s broke, which is bothersome enough but I can’t do what I want right now, which bothers me even more. I killed the dehumidifier thinking maybe it was noise from the motor. No luck. I have been traveling with it quit a bit, maybe the cold, or maybe it took a bad bump? Maybe my carelessness created an expensive paper weight? I downloaded the manual feeling very pessimistic about my chances.

One factory restore later and all is like new. I can’t believe something just worked like it’s supposed to! Such a rare occurrence was worth a little contemplation. I can play again and all is right with the world for at least this peaceful evening. So much worry about such a trivial endeavor. If you read this, I hope your day has provided an opportunity for at least one iota of contentment. Or maybe even a reason, to take a brief pause for thankfulness.

#48885 by EDDY123
Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:35 pm
Fishing is f**king great, A 60 LB cat fish OH BABBY!!!!!!!!!!

#48893 by stillkicken
Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:13 pm
gtZip wrote:The only problem I have with Palin, Bob, is that shes a University of Idaho grad.

I grew up in Idaho, and U of I had a shitty reputation, I went there a few times partying, knew people that went there etc. Palin is a few years older than me so I know what it was like when she went, a degree from there means very little if you ask me. Stupid is not an act for her.

#49092 by philbymon
Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:54 pm
Ghandi was pretty cool. He was the spiritual leader of a lot of ppl. He walked barefoot, everywhere he went, so he got these big thick callouses on his feet. He didn't eat very much, so he was kind of frail, but when he did eat, he ate that Indian cuisine that...whoooo!...gave him some really bad breath.

Ya know what Ghandi really was?
Ghandi was a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis!

#49093 by gbheil
Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:03 pm
:) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

#49104 by gtZip
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:48 pm
HowlinJ wrote:Our friends at CERN are finally going to fire up that large hadron accelerator today! My bet is that it won't cause the Earth to collapse into a micro black hole, as feared by some. If I'm wrong, It's been nice knowin' ya'all. I am also betting that the theoretical Higgs boson will not be detected because I doubt its existence. :wink:

Just had to get that off my chest.

later
Howlin'

Welp... no black hole.
But imagine what might come to pass if a team of dyslexic scientists decided to fire up their own hadron accelerator.

doop dee doo dooo dooooo... I'll just just walk over there now... --->

#49106 by Andragon
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:59 pm
GT, the first time I read bout it, I laughed so hard cause I read it "hardon." For a while I thought it was hardon til I actually heard it. I, then, went back to read it. And lo and behold, it was hadron haha
Yea... you can laugh at anytime now :?

#49115 by HowlinJ
Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:16 pm
Maybe that's what happened, Zip! :D
I heard on the B.B.C. the other day that the great God Particle Detector at CERN broke down! :(
Won't be twirlin' any protons around at each other 'til next summer.
Can't wait! (At least Europe will have a few more kilowatts this winter for such foolishness as home heatin', aluminum makein' and electric guitar rockin'! :wink: )

#49145 by fisherman bob
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:45 am
Kansas might be the number one catfish state in America. There's friggin HUGE catfish in Kansas waters, many catfish over 100 lbs. I saw one landed last year that BROKE the scales at a bait store (the scale topped out at 75 lbs). I had a blue catfish on about four years ago that may have been over 100 lbs. There was NO WAY I would ever have landed it. It felt like being attached to a freight train. Catfish essentially are sharks with whiskers. They are the top of the food chain in Kansas waters. Nothing will mess with a hundred pound flathead. I'm not specifically a catfisherman but I hook my share while fishing for other fish. I catch a bnuch of channels every year and I DO NOT USE BAIT OF ANY KIND. They hit GOLD spinners in turbid water HARD. A ten pound channel on ultralight gear is one hell of a good fight. There's a city lake in Garnett, Kansas that is the hottest channel lake in the state. We caught a bunch of big catfish there this year. Garnett is about seventy miles due south of the KC metro area. Whatever fish are in front of me I catch. I OWN them. They've got "fisherman bob" stamped on their foreheads. A fish can swim but it can't hide from me. Later...

#49154 by EDDY123
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Hey fishermanbob, I put somemoore fish pics on my site, EDDY123

#49156 by Andragon
Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 am
haha Bob, now that's conviction.
Catfish taste like shyt though. Sorry.