This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#44977 by Greeniemagic
Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:56 pm
Were not wimps over here, just that two 45 min sets is all that is required and locally that will get you between £300 & £500 so not too bad for a couple of hrs work. I would have no probs doing longer cos once I get on stage, don't wanna get off :P

#44996 by philbymon
Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 pm
That's it! I'm coming over there, Greenie! Can you help me out with a place to stay as I get settled in? I could make lotsa money over there. If I can get the gigs I could do two shows a day & make between 600 & 1,000 pounds a day? That's, like, $20,000 isn't it, judging by the value of our dollars?

:lol: :wink:

#45011 by Greeniemagic
Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm
you can come over and stay at my place, just give me enough notice so I can get a stock pile of matches in :wink:

#45167 by philbymon
Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:25 pm
Ack! I shoulda learned long ago to be more careful of telling too much, cuz some ppl will never forget, right?

LMAO

#46296 by KoRnBizkit17
Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:06 pm
drums definitely. like when other instruements need to practice and all the drummer does is jam and mess around (especially when that drummer isn't too great). people can't even f**k hear each other or know what's going on when the drummer can't give it a rest...

#46967 by J-HALEY
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:49 pm
Drummers that play everything to fast, we lost our drummer at the begining of this year, he was one of the best I have played with, I talked to no less than about 100 drummers, weeded out the flakes down to about 50 that we actually auditioned, all but 2 could not play the songs at the correct bpm's. I mean these guy's were haulin a$$. Whats up with that? It seems that drummers all want to be Neil Pert or Mike Portnoy and in their quest they forget the most basic thing POCKET.

#47008 by Andragon
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 pm
We found a good drummer.. now where's the damn bassists?? :(

#47025 by Robin1
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 pm
I have come to the conclusion from all these threads: Most bands have at least ONE instrument that they are having a hard time finding. Whether it be drums, bass, guitar or vocalist. Even keyboard players. Too bad none of the ones that are in need of some of you all, are not nearly close enough to each other.

Dream band: (fill in the blank)

LOL I would be the singer of course. So that means I am NOT in Capt.'s band.

#47121 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:48 pm
Damn straight, Pat Benetar. lol

"Hell is for children"

#47281 by HowlinJ
Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:14 am
Theremin players that don't realy know how to play em.

#48117 by RobP
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Two note token: breathe in / breathe out harmonica players, I know, bad 'harp'(!?!) players have already been pummelled.
Usually a vocalist with a shoulder chip and insecurity problem from not learning an instrument, finds out that a real 'sound' comes out of a harmonica with ease.
Moreover it can be discretely concealed in a pocket until 'BAM! Look what I got, and you thought I was just a pretty voice.'

Personified, and perfected by Alanis Morisette.
-----------------------------------------------------

Speed-up drummers, where exactly are they going, do some drummers always need to go pee whenever they start a track?

#48469 by 6996.alan
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 am
I also think the leader singer could be the most annoying part in a band!
But just in case when the person isn't able to communicate with the audience on the other hand the leader singer can be very useful for a band!
#49099 by harpyrec
Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 pm
in all my days i had some of the best bass cats with me.one time we had a guy who didnt know the difference between 2/4 and 4/4 on the swing and rockabilly tunes.
to do that to any drummer is hell.
so my vote is a bad bass player that wont take direction or perhaps lessons!
#52802 by pixi
Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 pm
ya either get a really good drummer with a big head or a really bad drummer with a big head...
cowbell anyone?

#53096 by Andragon
Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 pm
MOAR cowbell ftw!
and more bassists dammit!
Phil, your promises of exporting good bassists have been broken. Shame on you :(