This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Which Song do You Like Best?

80%
20%
N/A
N/A
#47598 by Cognition
Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 am
Hi, I'm new here.
I've just uploaded four of my songs, they're all only rough versions, but if you could give them all a listen and give some feedback that'd be great!
And if you really like them and are from Leeds get in touch because I'm in desperate need of a band! (I only play piano and write!)
Thanks a bundle!
Last edited by Cognition on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

#47599 by Starfish Scott
Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:31 am
I like any of those that has no vocals. The last one was worse.

Stuff is interesting, but killed by shiot recording. You have to be recording better than this.

Re-record and try again.

#47608 by HowlinJ
Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:49 am
Cognition,

The Capt. is right, more care is needed in the recording process to make your otherwise good piano playing and reasonably good compositions' more listenable. Vocals need work.

How's the weather in good ol' Leeds? Any Who concerts lately? :)

Howlin'

#47611 by Cognition
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:03 am
Sorry, it's not the record quality I've exported them from cubase wrong, I've fixed it now but the site'll only let me put two up at the mo for some reason (it says it can't find the file) but I'll try again tommorrow!
Weather ok here, bit cold, and I have no idea about The Who! :D

#47616 by HowlinJ
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:27 am
Cognition'

Well the closest The Who ever played from me was New York City (90 miles away) and I am proud to say that I saw 'em! ( That was back in the mid 60's and I still smile when I recall that performance!)

I don't suppose you heathens in Leeds celebrate Thanksgiving , but I wish you a nice day none the less. :wink: (It's a time when we Yanks give thanks to the Great Spirit for our blessings and then eat like pigs even more then usual :D )

I'll be looking forward to hearing your improved recordings.

cheers,
Howlin'

#47617 by Cognition
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:34 am
Ok It's all sorted!

Enjoy your thanks giving! :)

#47620 by gbheil
Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:45 am
Cognition. Tis not really my thing you know, but the echo on the piano that I am getting makes it all seem muddy. I could make quite a rocker out of that third selection I think. :D
Welcome to the Mix.

#47665 by Andragon
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:52 am
I dislike most of the bands you mentioned as influences however I do like Muse a bit :shock:
Regardless, I'll be fair. The quality sounds pretty good to me. It can be better, but it's clear and nice. The drums don't fit at parts. The rest is really good. Some nice piano skills.
For your style of music, I don't think you need to improve your vocals more.
It might be me, but I also felt like your songs sounded a bit repetitive. Good luck.

#47691 by The KIDD
Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:21 am
Yeah , I gotta agree with what Andragon is saying.The Piano seems to flow with the way I THINK the arr. ought to go BUT,the drum time sigs are too staccato for the parts that should be flowing keeping it choppy.) 2/4 instead of 4/4..BUT, as over all arrangments, I like the moods.Do ya have any Conga ROMS on that keyboard (or real conga :lol: )? Those would sound great in place of a kit on "Life in Fear"with some other latin percussion thrown in.

John

#47692 by Cognition
Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:00 am
Thanks for the feedback guys! Keep it coming :D

And yeah I've got a synthesised conga noise on my keyboard, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

#47749 by GrahamReed
Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:52 pm
It's always tough putting your stuff out for public battering! Good on yer for doing it.

I think there is potential there in the songs - you and drums are'nt very tight, though - needs a bass to pull it together.

Does mind me a little of Coldplay in parts - (only a little though :wink: )

Have a listen to my stuff on my page- see what you think!

#47765 by Cognition
Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:13 am
Woohoo! A little bit of Coldplay is a hullovalotta great! :D
I'm actually enjoying the battering, it's the only feedback I've ever really had for my songs so it's all coming on board, I've got plenty of time to evolve them!
I know the drums aren't great, it was just a friend popping round to help me out, we aren't a practiced band or anything.

I really like your sound, I particularly like 'Traffic India' (well named!)- although I think with some good vocals it could be really great! That's just my thoughts though...

#47790 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:29 am
Yeah that reminds me, my mother is a piano teacher and she heard it.

She says, "get off the pedal." lol