This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#3296 by little_tim
Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:25 am
I love ALL music........well......except modern country music which I find shallow and sticky and over sentimental.......

#3359 by bazcetkase
Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:52 am
I'll pretty much listen to everything...

...at least 5 years old, this new music coming out these days is mostly crap, especially in the hip-hop / rap scene, and the new pop scene. That stuff sucks...

Other than that, I listen to it all.
I do have my genres of choice though, which are: Hard rock, Metal, industrial, techno/trance, house, older punk, and grunge...
cant forget the 80's hair, I love it!

#3375 by Dreadzy J
Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:14 am
I like anything that i can get in groove with. Mostly blues, jazz, and folk.
I also listen to alot of classic rock like CCR, Dr. Hook, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and so many others i cant even think of right now. :)

#3401 by CorpseBomb
Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:21 pm
I am a vocalist/songwriter. I love any thing metal. Some people vary there type of music, that's fine, I don't. Devourment and Disgorge are my two biggest influences. Heavy half time break downs are tha BEST! I hope that ansewers the what do I do and who do I like.

#3404 by RhythmMan
Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:08 pm
Blues, Jazz, Rock, Funk, crossovers . . .

#3455 by Voxcore
Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:34 am
Death Metal/Hardcore/Metal/Thrash/Metalcore

#3704 by hookdawnfawnics
Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:21 pm
I like expermental bands and thrash metal/rock bands. Examples: The jonbenet, Heavy Heavy Low Low, Shed for you, The faceless, The number twelve looks like you, Blood brothers, the fall of troy, etc.
#4267 by AJ6stringsting
Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:05 am
Malmsteen, Rhoads, Satriani, Vai, Trower, Eric Johnson, S.R.V. ......anything that burns the fret board or sounds soulful....Blues :)

#4356 by BassbyGrace
Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:38 pm
Pretty much anything that grooves or rocks. From Fred Hammond (gospel), to Parliment, to Nickelback, to James Brown, to Coltrane.
#4481 by Mr Crowley
Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:41 pm
Older stuff : Ozzy,Firehouse,Extreme,Dream Theatre,Journey,Van Halen.
Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam,The Cult,Damn Yankees.

Back then I liked screaming tenor soprano vocals with fast precise guitar solos.

Newer stuff: Killswitch Engage,Trust Company,Earshot, Static -x,Some Korn,Chevelle,Some Deftones,Three Days Grace,Breaking Benjamen,Disturbed,Staind,Audio Slave.

These days the solo has gone the way side and clean,Hard and even screaming vocals I like some times.

#4491 by leonRay
Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:07 am
Rock. Metal, grunge, thrash, punk, classic.

#4496 by RhythmMan
Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:30 pm
Anything that has a bright sound. Don't care for 'angry music,' or anything with screeching in it . . . . 'caus I'm not an angry, screeching guy . . . :)

#4638 by Stax
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:13 am
FUN Music. I get off on Power Pop stuff. I saw Aerosmith the first time they came to Detroit '73 and caught the bug then. I miss Cheap Trick and Black Oak Arkansas. I loved Hole! Rock and Roll is SUPPOSED to be fun. I been obsessed with a few bands signed to Idol records, latley. They seem (Idol Rcords) to hear the restless energy I long for from the bands they sign i.e. The Fags, Watershed, Flickerstick... Friggin Fun music!

Stax

#4648 by Allen_T
Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 pm
Im a fan of 70's and 80's and thats the kind of band I want to start. But everyone wants to pull out the acoustics first whereas I wanna rock. Im a huge KISS, Ozzy, Queen and Black Label Society fan.

#4662 by CelticMandolin
Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:17 pm
Jazz, Classical and Blues are what I listen to most.

As for playing/writing, mostly Blues, Celtic, Folk, Funk... but always with a strong jazz undercurrent.