This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#453 by dashriprock57
Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:48 pm
Hi, another new member here. I am just starting to play again after a 20+ year break from it. I got reinterested about a year ago, bought some gear, built a modest studio in my basement, and tried to go to town. Its tough when you try to play everything yourself, hard to stay focused and do your best on all tracks. Anyway, I'd love to chat or connect with musicians to exchange tricks and ideas. Im in the st louis area. I have a couple songs on my members page here, and you can here all my songs at www.cdbaby.com/kearschner

First time trying to sing, so gimme a break!
#455 by dashriprock57
Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:03 am
After joining the army, and getting sent to korea, I kind of got away from playing, didnt take a guitar with me. Actually all I had left was an old takamine, which ended up in a pawn shop while on leave. Anyway, I got it back some 15 years later, but never took the time to play, starting a new career and all. I ran into some old friends who had kept playing, one in Nashville one in San Fransisco. I kind of got excited about it again, and bought all the stuff I dreamed about when I was a broke kid. That started last september. Between November and January I built a studio in the basement with a friend on the weekends, it came out pretty decent, although now I could use more space. I spent the past six months getting my fingers back in shape and playing whenever I could find time. Now Im getting to be semi-proficient again, and am enjoying it, wondering why I ever gave it up. But time keeps moving, so wondering why is wasted time. The first cd I did, which is on cdbaby, probably shouldnt have been done, its just basic simple songs with me playing guitars, some keyboards, bass, using a drum machine, and singing for the first time ever, I hate my voice! But it felt like the best way for me to learn to record. Anyway, now Im ready to slow down, write some good songs, and take some time with it.

#456 by squirrelmaster
Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:29 am
Wish you were in the MD area I'm looking for a guitarist and a bass player right now for my new band... :cry: