This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4416 by Guest
Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:16 pm
I used to write songs constantly, but I havnt been able to write in a good 6 months. I'm just not inspired anymore. anyone have any suggestions?

#4418 by RhythmMan
Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 pm
Get out of the house, go somewhere you've never been (coffee shop, or something) and talk/listen to a stranger.
Last edited by RhythmMan on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
#4419 by Irminsul
Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:36 pm
strange poet wrote:I used to write songs constantly, but I havnt been able to write in a good 6 months. I'm just not inspired anymore. anyone have any suggestions?

Writer's block. Happens to everybody.

Do you have a lot of extraneous "life stuff" worrying you lately? Job, relationships, etc? Those can really throw a wrench in the works.

Also sometimes one can stagnate with the "tool set" one is using. For instance about three years ago I was doing alot of electronic music and I hit an inspiration dry spell. I shifted from using all my electronics to deciding to write some stuff for solo piano. It really did the trick. I started limiting myself to just piano and oddly enough that opened up all sorts of ideas. Really primed the pump.

Anyway I hope this helps. The good news is, the dry spells are never permanent.

#4423 by Chemical Residue
Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:01 am
When I want to get some inspiration I go walk through a city scape or something of the sort kind of get away to hear my thoughts clearly. Being couped up never really makes one think of stuff as easy.

#4430 by Guest
Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 am
Thank you all for your help :) Thats why I love this site theres a lot of good people here

#4455 by BassbyGrace
Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:10 pm
Sometimes when I chat with friends online, depending on the convo, it actually writes a song. A friend the other day was talking about the burdens of a heavy workload, and when I scrolled back up the conversation, it was quite amazing the material that revealed itself.

#4493 by leonRay
Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 am
Emotional times can make words flow too. Depression, anger, happiness. They all contribute to a song here and there. Breakups. Loneliness. New relationships, friendships.