This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4225 by treejackson
Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:36 pm
I was born in the blues, It's in my blood, heavy soul makes it tasteful, lots of R@B tightens it all up and brings it in union. 35 years in this thing and ain't giving up, paid my dues to get where I am, yet still striving for higher ground, straight from the woods of Georgia, made my first guitar from boards laying around the house, took six nails, and wire from a burned tire connected them together tighten it up with a hammer, broke me a coke bottle and used it for a slide, ( as time moved on,) now have 21 songs on the market, learned and played with some of the best, in blues, R@B, soul, Looking forward to playing with those who have been chosen, many are called but few are chosen, Look my way if you know anything about the old school blues, soul, greasy fingers and all. still living the life, Oh yeah... can't forget about Gospel music, some of your best blues, R@B Artist , soul, rock and roll came from Gospel, That's the orgin of the whole thing, .. the late great Sam Cooke (my friend ) Lou Rawls, ) Johnnie Taylor, ( we all started out in Gospel ) I have traveled with these boy's on the road, ate lunch meat and crackers , could not check in hotels, made 5 dollars a man, ..I could go on and on, gimme a shout. CAN I GET A WITNESS ???????

Tree[/list][/quote][/b]
#4249 by tempstrickland
Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:07 am
thats what i'm talking about! it's not a style it's a way of life.dude,RESPECT .hell yeah must have been cool,jammin with the legends.i hope your royalties carry you a long way. if i wasent so far i would jam with you any day,and be honard.

#4347 by Rod Gunther
Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:19 pm
What part of Georgia do you live in man? All the best to you, I respect your commitment!

#4385 by tempstrickland
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:19 am
villa rica ,temple area.

#4414 by treejackson
Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:59 pm
Read This! wrote:What part of Georgia do you live in man? All the best to you, I respect your commitment!
Little community outside of Savannah .. Called EULONIA, way back in the woods, the late James Brown went to ELEM. school not far from from my school, hey man, that blues grease might get in your hair and ya can't wash it out, then you end up being my kin.

Tree

#4453 by BassbyGrace
Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:00 pm
AMEN!! Now thats what Im talkin bout. I hope our paths meet sometime, cause just reading that makes me want to hit with you. You got a lil more seasoning on ya, but I was born eatin on a few fish sandwiches. Straight outta NC myself. Before I knew what it was, it was in my style. I hope to meet some dirty down cats like yourself sometime.
#140655 by musiclover1969
Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 am
Just lettin ya know I really enjoyed listening at your page..You have excellent sounding covers..Id love to hear some original stuff from you guys too! or come see a live show..great work..peace!

#140668 by RGMixProject
Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:03 am
Now this is a looooooooooooong distant communication

Jan 07 to Feb 2011

#140671 by TheCaptain
Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 am
paid my dues to get where I am

whare's that btw?

#140673 by fisherman bob
Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 am
I've been playing mainly blues my entire musical career. There are people who think it's some sort of mystical lifestyle. Like they are on a higher spiritual plane or something. All it is is another genre of music, no better or worse than any other genre. I just happen to like playing it more than most genres. I have no idea what "paying my dues" means. Like other long standing country musicians don"t pay their dues? Like a jazz musician doesn't pay their dues? Every musician who labors many years at ANY genre "pays their dues." And today with the economy being the way it is, we are ALL paying our dues. If you work long hard hours at ANYTHING, you're paying your dues. Being a bluesman isn't any different than any job requiring endless hours of hard work...
#140701 by Groove-in
Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:38 pm
Hummm, ... I have to agree with Fisherman Bob !
I have been playing Blues, and Soul all through my music endeavors(forty-five years).
Sounds like, Treejackson has been watching a lot of documentaries.
Kinda smacks of, Hey...! look at me over here...I am unique. :roll:

#140704 by Hayden King
Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:00 pm
what Bob & Groove said!

#140708 by callMeLegend
Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 pm
Good man, good. I like the way you talk.

#140713 by Jahva
Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:08 pm
No offense Tree but why the anonimity?
Who are you, gives us a link to your songs share some of that soul cookin.
Something anything otherwise there are plenty of stories to read on-line about Bluesmen with music and pics to go along with the legend. If you came here to get a witness I'd say the jury is hung at this point.
So you probably knew Cliff White?
Link?

#140714 by jimmydanger
Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 pm
Jahva, the OP was from 2007. The dude is probably jamming with Robert Johnson by now.