This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#43569 by Marc Z
Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:15 am
PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: OCTOBER 11, 2008

Testimonials quoted below are authentic independent voices and not relatives or acquaintances of members of the band.

In the Heart of the West Bank - Parting The Red Sea With the Music of Radiohead

Minneapolis, MN - “What’s That? (a Radiohead Project),” is Minneapolis’s first and only all-Radiohead performing band. After their debut at The Terminal Bar last month, the group plays its first 18+ show on a weekend at The Red Sea Bar, 316 Cedar Ave. S., on Friday October 24, 2008.

Tickets for the Red Sea event are available for free online download at http://www.radioheadproject.com/tickets, redeemable at the door for $5. Same-day tickets are $7. Music starts at 9:30pm. “What’s That? (a Radiohead Project)” takes the stage at 11 p.m. and plays until 1 a.m.

After premiering at The Terminal Bar last month, “What’s That? (a Radiohead Project)” has been generating a buzz among Radiohead fans, musicians and clubs in the Twin Cities. The band has secured 5 additional shows before the end of the year:

· Wednesday, October 22 at Gustavus College, St. Peter, MN, 8pm.
· Friday, October 24 at The Red Sea, 11pm – 18+ show.
· Monday, November 17 at Trocaderos, 8:30pm – all ages show.
· Thursday, December 4 at The Whole Music Club, Coffman Union, University of Minnesota Campus – all ages.
· Friday, December 5 at The Terminal Bar with “Exit Stage Right,” a tribute to Canadian prog-rockers, Rush!

In response to their debut performance at The Terminal Bar, “TallElf,” a contributor for howwastheshow.com said, “If you like Radiohead, go see these guys! If you LOVE Radiohead, cancel your plans, quit your job and skip class to go see these guys!” (source: http://www.howwastheshow.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2798)

“Sarah,” a fan on the band’s Myspace page said, “I have been telling everyone all day long about you guys!!! I am amazed at what I heard last night, I just can't get over how unbelievably awesome you guys sounded. I can't wait for the next show, I will undoubtedly be bringing friends.” (source: http://www.myspace.com/radioheadproject)

“What’s That? (a Radiohead Project)” is a 6-piece band who performs a mixture of original and traditional interpretations of Radiohead’s music. Members of “What’s That? (a Radiohead Project)” were located entirely through an ad placed on Craigslist.

“Quite a few people responded to the Craigslist ad I placed, and asked to audition,” says musical director and keyboardist Marc Z. “When I pointed them towards the most difficult Radiohead songs and asked, ‘Can you play this?’ most of them quickly drifted away. The ones who stuck with it are the ones in the band today. They’re all exceptional musicians, and some of the most team-oriented people I’ve ever worked with. Together, we enjoy the challenge of performing some of today’s most complex popular music.”

“What’s That? (a Radiohead Project)” has been rehearsing since January ‘08. Their set list includes more than 20 of Radiohead’s most popular and challenging songs. These include material from Radiohead’s 1997 multi-platinum release, OK Computer, the experimental follow-up Kid A, and their recent name-your-price download, In Rainbows.

Band members are: Thom Fox on lead vocals, Imran Hussain on background vocals and guitar, Nate Wycoff on background vocals and guitar, Scott Kee on bass guitar, Marc Z. on background vocals and keyboards, and Paul Hill on drums & percussion.

Marc Z. formed the band out of a desire to bring Radiohead’s music to the Twin Cities, where Radiohead has not performed since 1997. “When I saw the closest they were coming this year was to Lollapalooza in Chicago, I figured that Radiohead fans in the Twin Cities would want to hear this music performed live too, especially after the release of In Rainbows, which we think is a really incredible album.”

Turnout for the October 24th performance at The Red Sea Bar is important for “What’s That? (a Radiohead Project)” who are just beginning to develop their fan base. The band’s next Twin Cities appearance will be an all ages show at Trocaderos on Monday, November 17, 2008, at 8pm.

For more information, visit the group’s homepage at http://www.radioheadproject.com.

- 30 -