This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#40514 by CEarth
Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:48 pm
Hey Band mixer music warriors. I'd like to find out from word of mouth some good rock-clubs and bars that I can go check out some good live rock bands. If you know of any please let me know in this post.
By the way I'm a rock-lead guitarist songwriter and I'm trying to get back in the scene. Thanks to everyone here.......... :D

#40516 by Black57
Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm
Hi,

I haven't been around the forums much lately because I am doing what you are doing. I have been playing with a band at a steakhouse. It is great practice and it gives people the opportunity to see and hear my work. Sorry, I live here in Cali and couldn't point you in the right direction in NYC. What I reccomend that you do is go through the phone book ( do they still make those :?: :shock: ). Speak with the owners find out who the band leaders are. Ask if you can jam with them. If the band is cool, they will let you jam. I would also go to some coffee shops, if you have any acoustic originals. If you don't have any acoustic originals start doing some. Open yourself to several musical genres.

#40566 by CEarth
Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 pm
Thanks my friend........I use to be on the scene in NYC about ten to fifteen years ago but the city went under a major change of rock bars and clubs closing......How's it out there in California? I never been out there yet.....I want to visit LA......:)

#40586 by CEarth
Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:09 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:http://www.roselandballroom.com/

http://www.bbkingblues.com/

hammerstein ballroom

irving plaza

The Bottom line?

The Beacon

anyone else?

Thanks Capt. Scott ........: )

#40673 by Black57
Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:04 am
CEarth wrote:Thanks my friend........I use to be on the scene in NYC about ten to fifteen years ago but the city went under a major change of rock bars and clubs closing......How's it out there in California? I never been out there yet.....I want to visit LA......:)

You know, I play in a rock band here and I don't even play the Guitar. :D
If you play it they will come. I just got plain old tired of not playing. I had heard about a band that was playing just down the street from me. I asked them if I, a flutist, could sit in with them and the rest has been history. I encourage you to visit LA and make sure that you bring your ax. I couldn't tell you where to go, just have your ears pealed. I am about 45 minutes south of LA depending on the traffic. I will be looking and I will get back to you on that.

#42923 by thesystemhasfailed
Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:26 am
if it were still standing cbgbs

#43302 by Borden
Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:05 am
Well my dear, I dare say it's a crap shoot in NYC these days! I do stand by clubs such as The Bitter End, Don Hills, Arlene's Grocery, but a few personal favorites of mine are The Trash Bar and Crash Mansion if they have good bands in. And...we all know that depends on one's taste. The Trash Bar is awesome and the drinks are cheap! It is a great place to play as well if you have a draw. If you can play at Crash Mansion...do it. The backline is one of the best around. :D

#43983 by HowlinJ
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:41 am
I used to like The Fillmore East to hear bands, but I could never afford to drink in Big Apple bars! :cry: