This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

dragonforce: yay or nay?

27%
55%
18%

#43199 by Kramerguy
Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 pm
why not?

All music, regardless of how much of an acquired taste it might be, will have a place. Since both Iron Maiden and Yngwie fizzled out, we've needed replacements and this band seems to fill both shoes. 8)

#43212 by Andragon
Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:03 pm
Absolute thumbs down. I mean way down that after it reaches ground level, it digs a coupla miles into the ground...
Yea.
Why, you ask?
Here's a rule, I go by as a listener and as a musician: If you can't re-create what you can do in your "studio" at your live performances, don't even think bout playing it live.
I, personally, don't like Power Metal, but I guess on records, they're okay.
And the fckin' hype bout them is unreal. UN-FCKIN'-REAL.
Nothing special bout them really.

PS. If you don't like my opinion, good for you. Don't bitch bout it, though.

#43223 by neanderpaul
Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:08 pm
uber cheese. Metal is so hit or miss for me. When it is good it is really REALY good and when it is bad it is really REALY bad. Maybe I'm just getting old. In metal, for me it's Sabbath, whitesnake, the first 5 metallica albums, all but the last sound garden, and some others. But the bulk of it is so flea market, mullet, dungeons and dragons, live in your parents basement til age 30 cheesy.

#43229 by thesystemhasfailed
Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:02 am
Andragon wrote:Absolute thumbs down. I mean way down that after it reaches ground level, it digs a coupla miles into the ground...
Yea.
Why, you ask?
Here's a rule, I go by as a listener and as a musician: If you can't re-create what you can do in your "studio" at your live performances, don't even think bout playing it live.

this POLL wuz made strictly 4 ur opinions (derp)

#43234 by gbheil
Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:40 am
WTF, never heard of em.

#43249 by gtZip
Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:57 am
Andragon wrote:Absolute thumbs down. I mean way down that after it reaches ground level, it digs a coupla miles into the ground...
Yea.
Why, you ask?

Pretty much everything he said. ^

Nayyyyy.

#43250 by philbymon
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:00 am
When I heard them, I thought they were a cartoon, both for their name & their material - nothing there to interest anyone over the general age of puberty. They are the Yugi-Oh of metal.

#43276 by JohnnyAngel
Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:01 pm
Not a fan, i have heard the album and seen them live. And im just not buying what the sell.. Point in case, just cause you play well doesn't mean your band will sound good. They suck. Sorry.

#43284 by Andragon
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:56 pm
After re-reading what I typed.. man, I sound like a mean ass mofo. :lol:
Well, I still don't take any of it back.

Big thumbs up to Paul for the Soundgarden reference. All but the last, yup. Badmotorfinger was/is amazing. Soul, (real) Grunge and Metal all in one.

#43315 by RyanStrain3032
Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:41 am
Dragonforce is extremely overrated. All of their songs sound exactly the same, and when it comes time to play them on stage, they fail miserably. They try to play faster than they really can, and it screws them up.

Their speed is just a gimmick, and people are usually enticed by it. I suggest to those people that they start listening to real music played by musicians that actually know how to play instruments.

\m/ KEEP IT BR00TAL \m/

#43346 by ted_lord
Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 pm
ryan you beat me too it, I saw them once cuz they were on the ticket and you voiced the thoughts of the 150 or so of us who were giving them middle fingers and yelling derogatory things at them, intro's one song I see you like the middle finger here in glen falls....cept its the town glens falls and well...if you're gonna tour at least know the name of the lil city in the sticks that you're playing in.....but uhm yeah as for the musical content (being very liberal in calling it that) it felt lacking...sure it was fast....but that really isn't the end all be all...Trivium is fast and they actually have song diversity through different styles and there is a feeling of soul in their music...which dragonforce doesn't convey

#43376 by Kramerguy
Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:19 am
eesh... lotta love here!

I give almost any band/musician props that can generate a following and get a deal... it's hard even for the wankiest of bands. The only ones I don't respect are the ashley simpsons of the world...